Photo

Tampa Bay Rays to defeat Boston Red Sox and move on to the ALCS!

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,362 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

The Rays are loaded with former Hudson Valley Renegades and are a team of destiny.  Rays and A's baby!  Young and hungry!

#2 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,841 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

For family reasons (a sibling works for them) I say let's go Rays!

#3 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,491 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

:joker:

worst to first indicates hungriness, as well :wink: 

just sayin :dunno:

#4 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,644 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

Just because.  Go Rays!

#5 CTMuleman

CTMuleman
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Rays are soon to join the Yanks!

#6 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,841 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

game one's a little early to say that :lol:

#7 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,491 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

good start :bliss:

but the rays still make me nervous...but i am a sox fan, ALL teams make me nervous in the postseason :lmao:

#8 Count P-Funk

Count P-Funk
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

The baseball playoffs is one big ball of nervousness for me when the Sox are involved. 

#9 foo

foo
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

They let me wear jeans to work on all the days the Ray's have a game!  Go Rays!  :funny1:

#10 matty

matty
  • VibeTribe
  • 916 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

There's no crying in baseball

#11 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,948 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

how'd it go yesterday? I like the rays, but Boston was ahead when I turned the radio on yesterday.

#12 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 347 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

Yeah...the last two games suggest the Rays will cruise to an easy series victory.

Oh, wait... . :funny1:

#13 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,491 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

:crazy:

red sox nation is being whipped into a frenzy :ura1:

#14 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,833 posts
  • LocationHawleyville, MA

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

#15 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,553 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

Baseball is boring.  

#16 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,491 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

not so much :bliss:

#17 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,362 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

Baseball is boring.  

don't say that to your grandma. 

#18 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,553 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

don't say that to your grandma. 

she won't remember anyway

#19 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,644 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

Baseball is boring.  

Unless your team is in it.

Also...

Is it really necessary to go to Tampa?

By Dan Shaughnessy

#20 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

so if your Yankees are through diss Boston?  Ya'll tri state jerks are fucked in the head is all I'll say.  Our sox earned what they get , and the Rays deserve an awakening game...............................................

#21 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,644 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

so if your Yankees are through diss Boston?  Ya'll tri state jerks are fucked in the head is all I'll say.  Our sox earned what they get , and the Rays deserve an awakening game...............................................

SO in the years the Red Sox weren't in it, and the Yankees were?  The same sentiment goes for Red Sox fans, no?  I doubt it highly that the Red Sox fans were rooting for the Yankees.

PS.  I am a Mets fan and have no horse in the race other than to annoy Red Sox fans.  Guess it worked.  :lol:

#22 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

Whether the Sox are in or out, I ALWAYS root for the Yankees to lose. Duh.

#23 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,644 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

Whether the Sox are in or out, I ALWAYS root for the Yankees to lose. Duh.

Thank you.  That was my point.  

#24 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,374 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

I'm partial to Doo Dah Days.

sing along with me...  

Red Sox won and Yankees lost, Doo Dah, Doo Dah.

Red Sox won and Yankees lost, love the Doo Dah Days!   :jamguy:

#25 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:19 AM

Is it really necessary to go to Tampa?

By Dan Shaughnessy

No one who wants to be taken seriously in a baseball conversation should ever quote Tim McCarver or the Curly Haired Girlfriend.

#26 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

3-3 in the 8th! FINALLY a Red Sox game that is televised here. 

But the important thing is that the fucking Dodgers lose.  :lol: 

#27 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,931 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

In the dog days of summer, baseball can be boring at times.  This game?  Tonight? nothing boring here...

#28 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,491 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

great game but :gah:

#29 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

So, ummm, how'd that theory work out for ya Royal? 

#30 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,362 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

I always root for the team(s) from the AL East.  I was pulling for the Renegades because they have a lot of former Hudson Valley Renegades.   I hope to see ex-Renegade Ryan Dempster pitch in the ALCS.   I was wrong about the Rays-Red Sox series.  As I said, AL East, I'll be rooting for the Red Sox from here on out.

#31 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

and except for Curt schilling, the sox keep on rolling.  Meanwhile in New York most Yankees are already at home in central America!

#32 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,644 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

No one who wants to be taken seriously in a baseball conversation should ever quote Tim McCarver or the Curly Haired Girlfriend.

I don't I just saw this story in Buster Olney's column, and figured you Boston fans would know his work.  I have heard the name, but I never read his columns.

Can either Oakland or Pittsburgh pull it out?  I am rooting for them.  #kissofdeath

#33 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,491 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

:bliss:

:ura1:

:Phishfolk:

#34 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

The Rays are loaded with former Hudson Valley Renegades and are a team of destiny.  Rays and A's baby!  Young and hungry!

Got any more for us, Nostradamus? :lol:

Oh, and...

:bliss:

#35 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,943 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

Nostradamus :lmao:

#36 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

SO in the years the Red Sox weren't in it, and the Yankees were?  The same sentiment goes for Red Sox fans, no?  I doubt it highly that the Red Sox fans were rooting for the Yankees.

PS.  I am a Mets fan and have no horse in the race other than to annoy Red Sox fans.  Guess it worked.   :lol:

Well played, sir.  :clapping: :lol:  

#37 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,764 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

:lol:

#38 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

I come from the ultimate anti-Yankees household.  I'm born and bred Red Sox fan from SE Mass and my wife is a Jersey Born Mets fanatic.  We only clash when she watches the *^ World series for the unteenth time.  I hear Jeter is considering an offer to coach shortstop for Boston, seeing they finally have a owner who gives a shit about his team, while his new boss just found out he owns a baseball team from his revised portfolio.

#39 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,644 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

then  :why: .  

I come from the ultimate anti-Yankees household.  I'm born and bred Red Sox fan from SE Mass and my wife is a Jersey Born Mets fanatic.  We only clash when she watches the *^ World series for the unteenth time.  I hear Jeter is considering an offer to coach shortstop for Boston, seeing they finally have a owner who gives a shit about his team, while his new boss just found out he owns a baseball team from his revised portfolio.

#40 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

dissing your team is a rebutle of the response to my post.  The truth hurts does it not?  I am one New Englander who admired and respected Steinbrenner and was always happy when Clemens and others our old hierarchy discarded to appease local rich folk went to the Yankees to get their rings (especially Wade Boggs more so than Clemens who you folks help expose for the asshole he is by giving too much free reign) Personally if the Sox folded early and the Yankees went all the way so went my loyalties.  I will also go on record for saying Jeter is my favorite player in the game...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#41 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,644 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

dissing your team is a rebutle of the response to my post.  The truth hurts does it not?  I am one New Englander who admired and respected Steinbrenner and was always happy when Clemens and others our old hierarchy discarded to appease local rich folk went to the Yankees to get their rings (especially Wade Boggs more so than Clemens who you folks help expose for the asshole he is by giving too much free reign) Personally if the Sox folded early and the Yankees went all the way so went my loyalties.  I will also go on record for saying Jeter is my favorite player in the game...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Guess you did not read any of my responses.  I am a Mets fan, and stated in this thread I have no horse in the race.

The truth hurts doesn't it? 

#42 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

I think you missed the part about concert andy being a Mets fan.  The Yankees aren't "his team."  Go ahead & keep bashing them, I doubt he'll mind.

But I like the part in your rant about respecting Steinbrenner & Jeter being your favorite player in the game.  Coming from a "born & bred Sox fan" that's pretty funny.

#43 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,644 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

I think you missed the part about concert andy being a Mets fan.  The Yankees aren't "his team."  Go ahead & keep bashing them, I doubt he'll mind.

But I like the part in your rant about respecting Steinbrenner & Jeter being your favorite player in the game.  Coming from a "born & bred Sox fan" that's pretty funny.

This, this and especially this (bolded).  :lol:

#44 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

oops sorry!  You're good in my house!  We are hoping for another owner who gives a shit too!  have faith if the Red Sox got your Karma's are aligned.

#45 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

I must say that after being vibetribe since 99.  These boards are very tri stae sensitive.  I made a generalized statement or two after being housebound for fifteen months now due to a back injury I thought I could endure jousting back and forth but to have each of my statements put under a microscope is for a lack of a better term, "for the birds"  I think I will choose to remember the vibes for what it was and not for what it has become.  good bye!