FF start / sit - the byes begin

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

some of you have to be playing fantasy football.  I miss lol :halfstar: telling me my team sucks and that I i have shitty players.

I got Cobb on a bye, and need to start S. Holmes (foot) @ TEN, or Miles Austin (hammy) @ SD.  I MIGHT look to pick up Donnie Avery v. NYG 

I was sitting V. Davis this week to see how he returned from injury, of course he catches a TD last night.  I can go with Fleener (bench) @ JAX, or Miller (free agent) @ MIN (London)

also, this Ray Rice injury / maybe returning shit is killing me.  Not sure I should sit him again, and go with Pierce.  I think I need to pick the guy that's gonna get the short yardage TD carries.  neither of them give me any faith to take that role, this week.

M. Stafford / V. Cruz / A. Morris need to give me MONSTER days, or I'm fooked.

#2 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,228 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

V Davis is better than your mentioned options, even with one leg or one arm.

Ray Rice, wait to 11am Sunday when game reports come out of active inactive.

I like stafford, Cruz and Morris have killed you already.

I am starting Holmes this week, but over Daryl Richardson.

PS.  Your team sucks!

#3 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

HA,   yeah Davis wasn't even gonna play until the last minute, and the Thursday start had me worried.  I just missed Miller, someone grabber him 5 minutes ago.

Cruz and Morris have been very decent.  cruz was only bad this past week, morris has a TD in every game.. he's set to go off this week v. Oaklnd I think.

I gotta go with Fleener, who is the only TE on the roster, the QB loves him, the coaches love him.. i just hope he gets the looks and they don't run the ball 40 times v JAX.  Clay MIA was also picked up this morning.

yeah, gotta wait on reports for Rice, obvs, but even if Rice is active, he's only going to get 50-60 percent of the carrier.  if they get out to a lead, it'll be Pierce.  UGH.

DO you go for Donnie Avery or Aaron Dobson over Holmes?  don't be a homer. :lol:

#4 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,707 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

:dunno:

<<< ::backs slowly out of thread where they speak another language :blush:

#5 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,228 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

HA,   yeah Davis wasn't even gonna play until the last minute, and the Thursday start had me worried.  I just missed Miller, someone grabber him 5 minutes ago.

Cruz and Morris have been very decent.  cruz was only bad this past week, morris has a TD in every game.. he's set to go off this week v. Oaklnd I think.

I gotta go with Fleener, who is the only TE on the roster, the QB loves him, the coaches love him.. i just hope he gets the looks and they don't run the ball 40 times v JAX.  Clay MIA was also picked up this morning.

yeah, gotta wait on reports for Rice, obvs, but even if Rice is active, he's only going to get 50-60 percent of the carrier.  if they get out to a lead, it'll be Pierce.  UGH.

DO you go for Donnie Avery or Aaron Dobson over Holmes?  don't be a homer. :lol:

I would go with Holmes.  The game against the Eagles is the only 100 yard receiving day of his career.  I have not started Holmes yet, but he does have value.  I say a nice 5 for 86 this week.

I have Kembrel on my team.  Dobson was brutal against the Jets dropping everything that came his way.  He has skill, but I would not trust him, yet.

#6 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,700 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

I would go with Holmes and Clay at TE.

Im finally getting Bush back this week. So hopefully I can lean on him again. I have Rice too. Wish I could have that #4 pick back again.

#7 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

yeah, I'd like my #8 back for McCoy at this point... or even fucking Forte.   

Clay got picked up last night.

Austin is out.

Gonna go get Donnie Avery since Terrel Thomas and Webster are out for NYG.  Ross can't cover his own ass, let alone someone else's.  Prince will be on Bowe no matter where he goes.

#8 James420

James420
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,015 posts
  • LocationNew Rochelle, NY

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

I went out an got Avery as another option for me. Thanks Jamie. Think he starts over Marlon Brown?

#9 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

I don't like flacco, but the bills D was garbage last week, and has several guys hurt.  Brown's highest target for a game is 6.  he has managed to score 2 TDs in the first two games, but he can disappear, especailly if they get running, and I think they are going to run, with Rice getting back on the field

Alex Smith misses noone under 25 yards.  Avery really got worked in the offense last week and caught all 7 targets. they could kill the giants with 100 lil knife cuts.  

I like KFFL.com for their rankings.  they have avery at 25 as a strong play, and Brown at 37 as a strong play.  They like Brown more in a PPR.

http://www.kffl.com/...gs--WR---Week-4

the other guy I think could be used this week in a spot start is Santana Moss.  23 targets in 3 games, and he's playing v. Oakland.  they will be focusing on Garcon, and santana is a good safety valve.

so I have to pick now between Avery, & Holmes.  and hope to god the Colts want to get Fleener going vs. JAX.  With Bradshaw out for them, I do not think they will overwork richardson.  There is no way he knows the entire playbook yet, and I don't think they will try to rely on Donald Brown too much either.  If Luck does his thing there like wilson did last week, I think I can squeak out a win.

#10 James420

James420
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

I need a RB for next week. Daniel Thomas vs Bal, Bradshaw vs Sea, Jonathan Franklin vs det. or any of the NE RBs vs Cincy are all available.

i dont think bradshaw is really an option.

#11 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

this shit again.....

Cobb's hurt, I'm fooked.  My bench is now 2 handcuff RBs and 6 injured / marginal / rookie WRs.

I got to survive the next couple of weeks and make a push.

I've got a solid beat on a playoff spot, and I should get it if I can get through week 10 in decent shape.

#12 James420

James420
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

I just picked up Harvin. He's close to practicing, he wont help you now, but maybe in a few weeks.

I need fuckin Gronk to come back.

#13 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,507 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

5-1 so far

thoughts on starter for one WR position?

Austin Pettis

Marlon Brown

Michael Floyd

Golden Tate

I'm leaning towards Floyd against Seattle

#14 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

Harvin was picked up by someone a few weeks ago, but my eyes are open for him.

-

I don't care for Pettis or Tate.  Floyd vs. Seattle is a tough play, but they will probably key on Fitz.

Ravens will run all over the steelers on SUN. i think Brown's targets are reduced, but that's tough to say.

I'd prolly start Floyd too.

-

as of now I'm starting Alshon Jeffrey vs. WAS.  I'd really like to see Miles Austin get back in gear this week so he becomes an option.  fucking hammies on a speed guy though.   :bang:

i'm 3-3 in 5th place.  6 make the playoffs.  

we use a combination of head-to-head and weekly points to create our standings.  

you get either 10 or 0 based on the head-to-head

then a sliding scale from 10 - 0 based on how your score ranks vs. the other teams that week.  

It's working for me, since I'm the highest scorer, but I've also faced the most points against.  

#15 James420

James420
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

Need to sit one. I think my being a Giants fan is making this a tough decision... Sproles vs Dallas, E Sanders v Buffalo, Andre Brown vs Oak.

#16 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,507 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

tough play on Brown

I'd definitely play Sanders as he's seeing a lot of targets lately

Could go either way with Sproles.  Dallas is so unpredictable.  Even if NO is kicking someone's ass, they never seem to just go to the run game.

#17 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,228 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

Need to sit one. I think my being a Giants fan is making this a tough decision... Sproles vs Dallas, E Sanders v Buffalo, Andre Brown vs Oak.

I would say Andre Brown.  As long as Sproles plays.  Didn't he have a conscussion recently.  Agree on Sanders.

#18 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,700 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

Agree. Sit Brown if Sproles is healthy and playing.

On another note...Ray F'n Rice is KILLING me!!  :blowup:

#19 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,507 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

Agree. Sit Brown if Sproles is healthy and playing.

On another note...Ray F'n Rice is KILLING me!!  :blowup:

I sat Rice and Played Alfred Morris this week.  We'll see how that turns out but Morris got me 15.9 pts last night.

#20 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,700 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

Im close to benching him too. But I keep telling myself.."hes my #1 pick he will break out"  :sad:

#21 James420

James420
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

Sproles had a concussion last week, but is cleared to play this week. The Saints dont run and when they do it's been going to Thomas. The only time Sproles has done anything this year is when he's catching passes out of the backfield. Only twice he's had more than 6 points for me this year. One week 10, One week 23. He's sucked. But the Dallas defense sucks on a historical scale. So i'm thinking Sproles catches a 30-yard screen pass for a td. But if that doesnt happen, Brown may be the more solid play.

Sanders has been getting some looks, recently. More than earlier in the season. But he's still the 2nd receiver on a shitty team. Cant be considered safe.

#22 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,507 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

Im close to benching him too. But I keep telling myself.."hes my #1 pick he will break out"  :sad:

hope you didn't have him on the bench like me :smile:

#23 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

finally some fucking RAY RAY.

i had Rashard Jennings on the bench yesterday, and would have been better off playing him, but DAMN does it feel good to get RAY RAY putting up some yards.

i can't see playing him vs. the Jets though. :bang:

#24 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,507 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

crazy how things happen sometimes.  I had Michael Floyd on the bench too.  :cry:

#25 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,507 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

unless Ridley gets 26 pts, I should be good though.

#26 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

i'm up by 88+ v. Newton and Olsen.  I'll be fine.  

I also recently picked up Colston off the wire, and he looks to be getting back in gear with 2 double digit performances.  I need no more pickups before the end of the season, and hoepfully i'll make up some wavers spots between now and week 14.

My league's playoff picture is nearly locked up with 2 weeks to go.  I'm more than 40 statpoints up on 7th and 8th, so they can't catch me in 2 weeks.

#27 chefjeff

chefjeff
  • VibeTribe
  • 700 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

Im guessing Kimock will run for 362 yards this week. Bob Weir will call in the rain to just mess with Jen Durkin then lets not forget Wavy will be calling Play by Play. Kung Fu will come on the field early only to have some funk sent them packin. 

Football Cake

Cheffrey

#28 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,700 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

Finally some Rice!! Also had Donald Brown at flex, garret graham at TE and Vincent has at wr. Yes team went ape shit...137 points! Woot.

#29 James420

James420
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

thoughts about this trade offer im about to make? Harvin, Sproles and Jordan Reed for Desean Jackson and Ray Rice.

I have Gronk and he's going to need a te for when davis has a bye. and he needs RBs, obviously, he has Ray Rice. he'd be starting bell from Det with Sproles. Jackson would be my wr2/flex along with Jordy. Rice would be a throw-in, providing depth for Andre Brown and Zac Stacy.

#30 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,228 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

Seems pretty fair, but note Desean got an ankle spain late in Sundays game, but they list him as probable for this week.

#31 James420

James420
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

im pretty sure he's out for this week like the rest of the Eagles.

#32 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,228 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

im pretty sure he's out for this week like the rest of the Eagles.

Duh.  Yeah.  Bye week.  I will say it is hard for me to trade for a player on his bye week.

#33 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

I wouldn't make that trade.  Jackson is the best player in that deal, and he's not getting back enough.  and Ray Rice is his best RB, he can't move both of them.

I'd sooner play a waiver wire TE for a week before trading a top WR for one. (unless it were gronk or graham)

Where is this team in the playoff picture?

#34 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

and he's on the taking end of a 3-2 which is the worse spot.  he'd have to release a player once that 3rd hits his roster.

#35 James420

James420
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

well he needs a RB, (Sproles) Rice has been on his bench for weeks. Am I asking for too much? Would it be fair if I dropped Rice out of the trade? Or is it fair enough now. He's in 3rd in the division, out of the playoffs. im in first.

#36 James420

James420
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

Duh.  Yeah.  Bye week.  I will say it is hard for me to trade for a player on his bye week.

well in theory, Harvin would be replacing him in his lineup. And he's on a bye week. For me, I clinched a playoff spot, so im not letting a bye week stop me.

#37 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

if he's out of the playoffs he's got even less incentive to help you out, and the rest of the league would prolly be within rights to veto the trade.  it looks like a grab for Jackson, and Rice, now that he's running well. (I'm not playing him this week v. SF)

3-1 is even more difficult for the guy getting 3 to handle.   I don't rate Sproles (especially sitting practice with an ankle), Harvin is a wildcard, no better than any #3 WR right now, since noone knows what you are getting, and Reed can have a nice game, but there are waiver TEs that could score the same points

who is he starting over Rice?  

Does the trade come with a fee?  Any chance this guy would have an interest in putting more money into the team that's not making the playoffs?

#38 James420

James420
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

There's no money involved. He's my closest friend in the league, so im worried about a veto. He had Mike James 2 weeks ago and chose wrong with Brian Leonard last week.

What about substituting Andre Brown for Sproles?

#39 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

So, he's doing you a favor by giving you 2 of his best players for your fringe.   I can't see anything working here, actually. If the league knows you two are close, league is going to smell what I'm smelling.

you want DeSean... find something that fits for him, and don't add any other players in.   I see why you would do it, but it raises eyebrows of other owners.

make the offer for Harvin and Sproles, or Harvin and Brown.  don't worry about the TE, unless he pushes for it.

do need to get a RB, back?  who else does he have?