• Please log in to reply
3644 replies to this topic

#2951 James420

James420
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationNew Rochelle, NY

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

What a nice morning not being able to sleep late. Has to be fun for chelsea-haters this week.

#2952 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,886 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

What a nice morning not being able to sleep late. Has to be fun for chelsea-haters this week.

My Buddy a Chelsea fan was in London for work this week and went to the Chelsea 0 Fulham 0 match the other day. I texted him, Come on Fulham!

#2953 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

Nobody wants to talk Celtic's advancement in UEFA? Impressive! Juventus coming up, Feb. 12. :grin: 

#2954 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

hello again.  Celtic took a whippin from Juve yesterday, with plenty of wrestling going on from both teams. Ibrahimovic acts the asshole and will miss the 2nd leg of PSG / Valencia.

the game of the round this afternoon.  United goto Madrid.  I think this one has a couple goals in it, for sure.

#2955 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

oh and this... this is fun :lol:

http://www.dailydot....tter-explained/

#2956 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

:lol: @ full kit wankers. That was good stuff. 

I think the game was closer than the score. Celtic just ran out of gas after a frenetic start. Not having Samaras (hamstring) didn't help, either. Lennon says they need a miracle to advance and he's right. I've even heard jokes that it's why the Pope resigned because Celtic is asking for something even he can't deliver. Of course, when you have a ref letting Juventas hold like that, who needs divine intervention? 

#2957 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

agreed that they defend like hooligans, but Hooper can't be trying to move with the goalie either.

the one on hooper with his shirt off of his back, and the one where they pushed brown to the ground could have been penalties.  The more they go on about this (today they are sending a DVD to UEFA to have a look at) it sounds like whining and sour grapes.  You're also doing your self no favors with the Juve Ultras given this fodder for the return trip. It could be 6-0.

and FUCKING A, United.  rooney wasn't at his best and Rafeal played a horrible first half, but I'd have taken 1-1 before the game, and I'm happy with it now.  completely different tactics from United at the Theater of Dreams.  I just hop we don't get an Italian team of refs. :bang:

and I'm glad Ramos's shitty marking was responsible for that goal.. he threw around enough elbows that weren't called.

#2958 James420

James420
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

Cant go unsaid when an American scores in the Champions League. Nice goal by Jermaine Jones!

#2959 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

a defensive minded american, no less.   and it's an away goal in Turkey.  Massive.

#2960 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Whoo hoo MILAN... anything to send those barca dicks home early.  KPB with a controversial goal.. To say an opponent of Barca don't deserve a non call in their direction is an understatement. 

now play that Italian ball and HOLD HOLD HOLD. 30 minutes to go.

#2961 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

:Phishfolk: :Phishfolk:

barca down two.  the spanish press is going to be hysterical tomorrow.  There's a very decent chance that RM and Barca could both be out before the final 8.

WHOO HOO. 

#2962 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,886 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

:Phishfolk: :Phishfolk:

barca down two.  the spanish press is going to be hysterical tomorrow.  There's a very decent chance that RM and Barca could both be out before the final 8.

WHOO HOO. 

That said, will anyone beat Bayern?  They have looked REAL GOOD this year.

#2963 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

arsenal were a sunday league team yesterday.  no defense, no cohesion, and theo walcott playing up top on his own?   they were destined to fail. half of london is calling for wenger's head today.

they looked very very good, Bayern, but Arsenal didn't put up the least bit of friction.   I think their CHs can be had, and Nauer hasn't had to make a save since november, but noone's gotten the pressure on them. 

two weeks time is going to bring some excellent 2nd leg matches. 

#2964 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,886 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

US world cup hopes took another blow today.  Howard two broken bones in his back.

Next 2 qualifiers in 2+ weeks means prolly no dempsey, no donovan, no howard.

#2965 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

Can anyone stop Gareth Bale? 

#2966 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,886 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Can anyone stop Gareth Bale? 

Not this season.  I think they may win Europa.

#2967 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,886 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Talk about soccer hooligan's...

Football shamed as Millwall fans fight EACH OTHER in the stands at Wembley

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2QNMhmTL6

article-2308633-19468B50000005DC-880_634

article-2308633-19468F08000005DC-383_634

article-2308633-19468EB8000005DC-944_634

article-2308633-19466299000005DC-383_634

#2968 purple cowboy

purple cowboy
  • VibeTribe
  • 917 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

Forest finally lost, and what a loss it was. Still not there yet but the resurgence under Billy Davies has been wonderful to see!

#2969 purple cowboy

purple cowboy
  • VibeTribe
  • 917 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:23 AM

see the new one about the Newcastle supporter punching a horse? :lol:

#2970 purple cowboy

purple cowboy
  • VibeTribe
  • 917 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Eye of the Huracan

Huracan fans, some brandishing weapons, broke into the dressing rooms of the Argentine second division club and stole players’ money and clothes on Thursday.

The incident occurred a day after the team were knocked out of the Copa Argentina by first division side Godoy Cruz.

“After (Thursday’s) practice, when we were in the dressing rooms having showers, the barras bravas (hooligans) came into the club with their faces covered and sticks and intimidated us all,” coach Jose Maria Llop said.

“They hit some of the lads,” he told reporters.

“When we left, the physical trainer’s car and some others had been scratched and the tyres burst. There were eight other cars in that state. They also took money from players,” he said.

“There were 150 barras who came into the stadium, broke cars and threatened players,” club president Alejandro Nadur said.

http://www.worldsocc...19th-april-2013

#2971 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

jesus.  say what you will of the English Hooligan, but to rob and destroy shit from the team you support?   

#2972 purple cowboy

purple cowboy
  • VibeTribe
  • 917 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Looks like the Syrian Electronic Army hacked Sepp Blatter's Twitter account.

article-2313048-196EB53D000005DC-841_634

#2973 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :lol:

also, you'd think that Liverpool could feed their players.  Suarez tried to take a bite out of ivanovic yesterday.   what a poor lil child that fucker is.  

#2974 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

o.m.g.

bayern destroy barca yesterday 

robert lewandowski becomes the first person to ever score a Hat Trick v. Madrid in CL, and also the first person to ever score FOUR GOALS in a CL semi-final tie.

First Legs: Germany 7 - 1 Spain.  (20 minutes to go at Dortmund)

CRAZY TOWN.

#2975 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,886 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

o.m.g.

bayern destroy barca yesterday 

robert lewandowski becomes the first person to ever score a Hat Trick v. Madrid in CL, and also the first person to ever score FOUR GOALS in a CL semi-final tie.

First Legs: Germany 7 - 1 Spain.  (20 minutes to go at Dortmund)

CRAZY TOWN.

Yup.

My coworker called all Germany final a few weeks ago and I thought it would be 1 team from each.

Dortmund had two very late goals to advance in quarters.

Do not think anyone beats Bayern, but I said Spurs would win Europa so take that for what it is worth.

#2976 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

I was hoping for all german and all spanish semi's.   I'd like chelsea and spurs to goto the finals just to help the English Co-Efficient since England's only had 2 teams in the knockouts of CL in the last 2 years.

dortmund were almost out, no doubt, but that team is soo soo good. that manager is MASSIVE, and his style is fantastic.  Klopp's got a bright future in the game, no doubt.  In fact, there's a good chance that half his team (kagawa already, sights on Lewandowski, Hummels, Gundagan) will be at United, so might as well bring him here after Fergie goes. :lol:

I'm hoping that Dortmund and Bayern face each other in the finals and Dortmund wins on a goal from Gotze before he's sent to Bayern for $37mil. :beer:

#2977 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,886 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

I was hoping for all german and all spanish semi's.   I'd like chelsea and spurs to goto the finals just to help the English Co-Efficient since England's only had 2 teams in the knockouts of CL in the last 2 years.

dortmund were almost out, no doubt, but that team is soo soo good. that manager is MASSIVE, and his style is fantastic.  Klopp's got a bright future in the game, no doubt.  In fact, there's a good chance that half his team (kagawa already, sights on Lewandowski, Hummels, Gundagan) will be at United, so might as well bring him here after Fergie goes. :lol:

I'm hoping that Dortmund and Bayern face each other in the finals and Dortmund wins on a goal from Gotze before he's sent to Bayern for $37mil. :beer:

This.

Weren't Spurs knocked out of Europa.  Clint Dempsey scored two goals, while Bale was out, but they lost the penalty shoot out.

Chelsea will probably win now.

#2978 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

oh yeah, penalty loss.   it's europa, I don't really care.  I care even less cause it's chelsea.  

10 match ban for biting another player. lolSaurez.

#2979 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

goodbye Real Madrid.  :beer:

now Nike starts the real showdown talks to get Ronnie back to England.  At least if they want the next United Kit deal, and to get their big start out of an adidas sponsored kit.  They are in their 6 months of exclusivity and Chevy is willing to put some coin in the game to convince him to come. 

On top of that the taxes for athletes in Spain next season MAY PASS 50%, and Madrid has told him they are not helping him pay the tax man.

omg omg omg omg omg omg.  i can dream.

#2980 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,886 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

goodbye Real Madrid.   :beer:

now Nike starts the real showdown talks to get Ronnie back to England.  At least if they want the next United Kit deal, and to get their big start out of an adidas sponsored kit.  They are in their 6 months of exclusivity and Chevy is willing to put some coin in the game to convince him to come. 

On top of that the taxes for athletes in Spain next season MAY PASS 50%, and Madrid has told him they are not helping him pay the tax man.

omg omg omg omg omg omg.  i can dream.

I saw this story about CR today.  CR is gone in two years when contract runs out at end of 2015.

They may keep him one more year, but they would get more this year, instead of next year.

But him and RVP and improved younger defense next year, they could be scary.

RM 1 goal short...

#2981 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

yay!!!! :Phishfolk:

Barcelona 0 - 7 Bayern Munich

holy shit!

I don't see how they can lose.  Dortmund has played them very very hard in the last couple of years, but this is a stage for Bayern.

and they have a practice round this weekend in Germany. 

#2982 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

http://www.manutd.co...ed-manager.aspx

Sir Alex retires

• Thirteenth league title in 26 years will be his last

• Most successful manager in English football history to become a director of Manchester United FC

NYSE: MANU.  Manchester, UK. Sir Alex Ferguson will retire at the end of the season, Manchester United announced today.

The most successful manager in English football history will bow out after the West Bromwich Albion game on 19 May and join the football club board.

Announcing his decision to retire, Sir Alex Ferguson said:

“The decision to retire is one that I have thought a great deal about and one that I have not taken lightly. It is the right time.

“It was important to me to leave an organisation in the strongest possible shape and I believe I have done so. The quality of this league winning squad, and the balance of ages within it, bodes well for continued success at the highest level whilst the structure of the youth set-up will ensure that the long-term future of the club remains a bright one.

“Our training facilities are amongst the finest in global sport and our home Old Trafford is rightfully regarded as one of the leading venues in the world.

“Going forward, I am delighted to take on the roles of both Director and Ambassador for the club. With these activities, along with my many other interests, I am looking forward to the future.

“I must pay tribute to my family, their love and support has been essential. My wife Cathy has been the key figure throughout my career,

#2983 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,886 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

I saw something about this last night on the Daily Mirror sports section (The UK version of the NY Daily News).

Saw an interesting stat, but not sure if it was Real Madrid or Barca.  But since SAF has become coach, whichever has the same amount of league titles, 2 more champ league wins, similar domestic cups totalm, but ultimately they did it differently by having 24 different coaches since SAF took over, but had the same overall success.

#2984 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

yeah, it's amazing how many times he built up the team, tore it down, and got it right again.

There's a short list getting talked about, and they all have their good qualities:

David Moyes - been in the Prem for a long time, does consistently well without any money

Jose Morinho - he's leaving Madrid for England, but to where, and who might he bring with him?

Jurgen Klopp - built the team from NOTHING at Dortmund, and has been incredibly successful with a very attacking brand of football.

#2985 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,886 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

yeah, it's amazing how many times he built up the team, tore it down, and got it right again.

There's a short list getting talked about, and they all have their good qualities:

David Moyes - been in the Prem for a long time, does consistently well without any money

Jose Morinho - he's leaving Madrid for England, but to where, and who might he bring with him?

Jurgen Klopp - built the team from NOTHING at Dortmund, and has been incredibly successful with a very attacking brand of football.

Moyes was in the original rumor mill story I saw.

Klopp would do well too.

I think they go Moyes though.  If they do, does that mean they bring back Timmy Howard?  Another one, probably too late, but Donovan is a favorite of Moyes.

#2986 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

I'm secretly holding out for Jose, only to see Ronaldo here again.  the idea of ronaldo, rvp, rooney, kagawa, welbeck is crazy.

The timing isn't right on Klopp unfortunately, even with 3 oif his best players leaving in two years. and possibly two of them to bayern.

I have always ratede Moyes.  He does very well with little financial backing, and for me, has alot of the qualities of United. He'd bring Baines with him, which I would welcome.  It may carve a path for the americans in the future, but none of them are good enough to get in this team.

There aren't any americans who would break into this current squad, regardless of manager.  

#2987 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

and It's Moyes.   stability is the key, and that's why he's been chosen.  He needs to to win something quickly, that's for sure.

Many fans are behind him, but many of the muppets are upset that it's not a "bigger" name.

I say we've got another Liverpool FC hater as our gaffer, and that is FINE BY ME.   also, that trip to Everton would be AS nervy as it's been in years past.  they might boo Rooney, but they will still hold Moyes in high regards.  He put them on the map.

now the transfer business can get going.

#2988 purple cowboy

purple cowboy
  • VibeTribe
  • 917 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

These guys are hilarious! :lol:

How to Play like Stoke:

How not to celebrate:

How to dive:

#2989 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,886 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

Tomorrow is our annual Soccer Hooligan Day Starting with the FA Cup final.  I believe they are watching the match at 33rd and 7th ave area, then head down to the Bowery to continue the festivities.  I will probably arrive after the match this year, since I am driving up from Philly.

Yellow cards distributed for all sorts of stupid behaviour.  

Example of previous yellow cards handed out:

Talking Politics

Talking about other sports

People from other tables complaining about us

Spilling drinks

Talking complete nonsense

Making fun of the "REF", person who hands out the cards.  This was me last year.

A red card, and you have to do a shot.

Last year at some point around 9pm (please note we started drinking around noon), I looked at my beer, and just had to put it down.  I could not drink another drop.

#2990 purple cowboy

purple cowboy
  • VibeTribe
  • 917 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

http://www.mirror.co...d-prank-1895005

Stoke City players are alleged to have taken things a tad too far in their end-of-year japes this season.

Reports have stated that Ireland midfielder Glenn Whelan had placed a pig's head in the locker of striker Kenwyne Jones.

Jones, none-too-pleased with this practical joke then stormed outside and allegedly smashed the windscreen of Whelan's car.

American defender Brek Shea later posted a picture of the pig's head on social media site instagram.

His caption? "Locker room banter gone wild!"

Banter, eh?

#2991 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,886 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

Tomorrow is our annual Soccer Hooligan Day Starting with the FA Cup final.  I believe they are watching the match at 33rd and 7th ave area, then head down to the Bowery to continue the festivities.  I will probably arrive after the match this year, since I am driving up from Philly.

Yellow cards distributed for all sorts of stupid behaviour.  

Example of previous yellow cards handed out:

Talking Politics

Talking about other sports

People from other tables complaining about us

Spilling drinks

Talking complete nonsense

Making fun of the "REF", person who hands out the cards.  This was me last year.

A red card, and you have to do a shot.

Last year at some point around 9pm (please note we started drinking around noon), I looked at my beer, and just had to put it down.  I could not drink another drop.

So this was postponed because many wives got upset at the idea of their husbands being hung over on Mothers day.

This has been rescheduled for Saturday June 8th.

http://www.mirror.co...d-prank-1895005

Wow!

#2992 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

those videos are awesome .. the Stoke one takes the pies.  :lol:  

yeah this end of season / mother's day thing sucks.  i got in trouble at brunch last year watching QPR gift it to Citteh.  :beer:  better to have a day closer to father's day. :lol:

and WOW is right... those crazy potters. An Irishman, a Trinidadian, an American and a pig's head walk into a pub in Stoke-on-Trent.

#2993 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

I do not EVER want to hear ANYONE give me some yankees = United bullshit EVER again.

the evils of the world have come together to make New York City FC my most hated franchise in the history of professional sports.  I think I just became a RABID Red Bulls fan.

http://www.businessi...e (Sports Page)

Manchester City Football Club are proud to announce, in partnership with the New York Yankees, the acquisition of the Major League Soccer’s 20th expansion club.

The new team will be named New York City Football Club (NYCFC) and expects to begin play in 2015.

“We proudly welcome two of the most prestigious professional global sports organizations to Major League Soccer,” said MLS Commissioner Don Garber.

This is a transformational development that will elevate the league to new heights in this country. The New York area is home to more than 19 million people­, and we look forward to an intense crosstown rivalry between New York City Football Club and the New York Red Bulls that will captivate this great city.”

“New York is a legendary sports town, as well as a thriving global city with a rapidly expanding soccer fan-base,” said Ferran Soriano, CEO of Manchester City Football Club, who will oversee the process of filling top New York City FC leadership positions in the weeks to come.

“We are thrilled to contribute to the energy and growth of New York City Soccer. In the Yankees, we have found the absolute best partner for developing a world-class sports organization and a winning team that will carry the New York City Football Club name with pride.”

Manchester City will be the majority owner of the new Club. As an investor, the Yankees will be an active member of the ownership group. The New York Yankees and Manchester City Football Club have an existing commercial relationship through Legends Hospitality, LLC, an international entertainment, hospitality and marketing organization.

Yankee Stadium is pleased to be hosting Manchester City on Saturday, May 25 for a “friendly” match against Chelsea FC, giving New York area fans a rare opportunity to see two outstanding English Premier League clubs up close.

“We are pleased to be associated with this major move by MLS to increase its presence in the New York market and to enhance the opportunity for New York soccer fans to enjoy high-level play in their own city. We look forward to the opportunity to work with Manchester City to create something very special for the soccer fans of New York -- and to bringing another terrific team to this city for all sports fans to enjoy,” said Hal Steinbrenner, managing general partner of the New York Yankees.

"Randy Levine, president of the New York Yankees, will be the point person in leading the effort to launch and establish the team on behalf of the organization,” Mr Steinbrenner added.

With millions of residents watching soccer every week and nearly two million people actively playing the game, the New York/New Jersey area is one of North America’s most vibrant and proud soccer communities. The region has filled stadiums for countless marquee soccer events including the 1994 FIFA Men’s World Cup, the 1999 FIFA Women’s World Cup, three MLS All-Star Games and numerous international exhibition matches. NYCFC becomes the first MLS club whose home will be located within the five boroughs, joining the Red Bulls as the second MLS club in the metropolitan area.

“Soccer is one of the world’s most exciting and popular sports, and it should be played on the world’s biggest stage -- in New York City,” said Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg. “New Yorkers are the greatest sports fans in the world, and they will welcome a Major League Soccer franchise with the full-throated and loyal support they are famous for. Manchester City has a great reputation for both winning teams and serious community investment, and that will help them fit in well with the excellent leadership of New York City’s other professional sports teams. Increasingly, sports events and activities -- from the NHL playoffs to the MLB All-Star game to the SuperBowl -- are spurring economic growth, as our investments in new arenas and infrastructure are paying off.”

Future: A Home Field for NYC’s Newest Team

New York City FC is committed to seeking a new permanent stadium in New York. Until that time, the new team is arranging to play in an interim home beginning in its inaugural MLS season in 2015. Over the past year, MLS began discussions with the City of New York and other stakeholders about the possibility of constructing a new stadium in Flushing Meadows Corona Park (FMCP) in Queens. The Club’s new management will continue these discussions with local government officials, community residents and businesses, soccer leagues, and MLS. The Club will continue to review other potential sites as well.

“New York City FC will have a permanent home in the City in the great traditions of New York sports and world soccer -- a home that must be a sports, commercial and civic success,” Soriano said.

“But in considering any stadium site, we will listen first. This is what we have always done in Manchester and what we will do in New York. Only in this way, can the Club truly represent the City whose name it will carry.”

Read more: http://www.businessi...5#ixzz2TxGKK9BT

i'm going to vomit. this is disgusting.  FUCK.

#2994 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,886 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

I want to buy a kit, jersey for our upcoming Hooligan day.

BUT ...

I want to get one that fits.  I have no idea if I should get an L, or XL or XXL?

Getting a Fulham kit.  Who, not sure,

#2995 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

yeah, does fulham have any players left?  they prolly would have been relagated if it wasn't for berbatov.

you could always slap a "jackson" #5 on the back.   I'd guess the owner has those for sale. :lol:

I'd go with Hughes, Duff, Davies?   aside from Duff Hengeland and Baird, have any of them been there longer than 2 years?

so much clear out with all the manager changes since 2009

#2996 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,886 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

yeah, does fulham have any players left?  they prolly would have been relagated if it wasn't for berbatov.

you could always slap a "jackson" #5 on the back.   I'd guess the owner has those for sale. :lol:

I'd go with Hughes, Duff, Davies?   aside from Duff Hengeland and Baird, have any of them been there longer than 2 years?

so much clear out with all the manager changes since 2009

That is my issue right now.

I chose Fulham long ago when McBride was there.  Went to the cottage for a match in 2004.  Then Dempsey era.  Which started with Dempsey's goal to keep them from getting relgated.

My criteria for team then was how many americans on their squad.  Now Stoke, Spurs (but Friedel is old) and Villa have the most Americans.

Now, I do not know many players on their squad.  Outside the players you mentioned and Sacha Reitner new left back they signed in January and played all but two games when he had a knock.

As for being relgated, from January through end of season they were top 6 in least amount of goals allowed.  Although Berba was there main source for gaols this year, but how is that different from the last two years when they relied on Dempsey?  I actually think losing Dembele was a bigger loss.

I want to get a new jersey to replace my Trevor Sinclair West Ham Jersey from 2000, with Dr. Marten as the sponser.

I kind of like Spurs kit for the polo style neck collar.  I dislike the round neck.  I ended getting irritated around the neck line when I where any jersey's with this type of neck line.

The fulham jersey would be 25 pounds, and I may get a Berba or one of the guys you mentioned already.  Checked their site.  

#2997 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

you could get the ginger jersey, Riise.  I'd prolly get his, even thought he was a 'Pool player.   My wife's family is Norwegian, so that's a connection as well.

Or you could get a Sidwell kit.  but you'd certainly see a red on Hooligan day.

Dembele was a big loss, no doubt.  great player, runs right at the defense. 

Spurs are so trendy.

I'm looking at a new kit over the summer too.  Phil Jones, Danny Welbeck, maybe a new signing.  I'm also waiting for this years kits to go on sale, and I' think I'm gonna snap up a Scholesy 22.

#2998 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,886 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

Spurs are very trendy.  I guess my point is, whatever Kit I show up in with I will be associated with that team.  So I either go Fulham or something new.

The Fulham kits are already on sale.  What size do I get if I order through their website?  (Note I am about the same size I was the last time you saw me).

#2999 James420

James420
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

Spurs are trendy because of Dempsey and Bale. As soon as the team doesn't field an American, I wont care about them and they wont be on tv as much. And Bale is just too bright a star not to draw people.

The NY FC could truly be one of the most evil sports franchises on the planet. Right now theyre looking at stealing public park land to build their private, profitable stadium.

#3000 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,886 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

Spurs are trendy because of Dempsey and Bale. As soon as the team doesn't field an American, I wont care about them and they wont be on tv as much. And Bale is just too bright a star not to draw people.

The NY FC could truly be one of the most evil sports franchises on the planet. Right now theyre looking at stealing public park land to build their private, profitable stadium.

This is my problem with Fulham, they have had americans for better part of 10 years, now none.

The good news is lots of games will be on TV next year with NBC Sports having the broadcasting rights.

I will admit I am a fan of the Union.  Love PPL park (although the surrounding area outside this stadium is very shady).