3235 replies to this topic

#2701 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

Look at the video in this link below.

http://soccernet.esp...-months?cc=5901

Former Fiorentina coach Delio Rossi has been banned for three months by the Italian football league after he attacked midfielder Adem Ljajic during Wednesday's 2-2 draw against Novara.

You can see punches thrown. What?

#2702 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,369 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

Look at the video in this link below. http://soccernet.esp...-months?cc=5901 Former Fiorentina coach Delio Rossi has been banned for three months by the Italian football league after he attacked midfielder Adem Ljajic during Wednesday's 2-2 draw against Novara. You can see punches thrown. What?

oh yeah, and Fiorentina sacked Rossi as well. that marks the 19th coaching change in Serie A this season. yes, 19.

#2703 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,369 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

http://www.birmingha...97319-30897433/

ASTON VILLA PLAYERS IN BIRMINGHAM NIGHTCLUB BRAWL

:bang: :bang: :bang:

this team's getting fucking relegated. i know it.

#2704 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

http://www.birmingha...97319-30897433/ ASTON VILLA PLAYERS IN BIRMINGHAM NIGHTCLUB BRAWL :bang: :bang: :bang: this team's getting fucking relegated. i know it.

That is not good.

Looking at the fixture list for the 4 teams trying not to fall into the last relagation spot.

Wigan are staying up no doubt, especially with their recent form. Stoke City will have a lot to say about who stays up, playing 2 of the bottom 4 over the last two weekends. From the list I think Villa has the hardest 2 matches, then QPR.

I think QPR goes down.

Villa 37 H - Spurs, A - Norwich
Wigan 37 A - Blackburn, H - Wolves
QPR 34 H - Stoke, A - Man City
Bolton 34 H - West Brom, A - Stoke

Blackburn 31 A - Wigan, H - Chelsea (going down).
Wolves - long done.

#2705 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,369 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

That is not good. Looking at the fixture list for the 4 teams trying not to fall into the last relagation spot. Wigan are staying up no doubt, especially with their recent form. Stoke City will have a lot to say about who stays up, playing 2 of the bottom 4 over the last two weekends. From the list I think Villa has the hardest 2 matches, then QPR. I think QPR goes down. Villa 37 H - Spurs, A - Norwich Wigan 37 A - Blackburn, H - Wolves QPR 34 H - Stoke, A - Man City Bolton 34 H - West Brom, A - Stoke Blackburn 31 A - Wigan, H - Chelsea (going down). Wolves - long done.

Villa needs a single win, either a shocker over 'Spurs or a win at Norwich, and they're protected on goal difference. Blackburn defeating Wigan would help, too...but i don't expect that to happen. Bolton needs to falter against West Brom and Stoke. QPR is toast if they don't take 3 at Stoke.

#2706 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:04 AM

Does today's result guarantee Villa staying up? They are up 3 points and a plus 13ish on goals.

Doesn't look good for Man U to win the title.

Arsenal benefit from Villa result also.

#2707 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,194 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:27 AM

JUVENTUS WINS SERIE A ITALIAN TITLE!!! With AC Milan losing to Inter today.. Juventus took the title!!!

#2708 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,369 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

Does today's result guarantee Villa staying up? They are up 3 points and a plus 13ish on goals. Doesn't look good for Man U to win the title. Arsenal benefit from Villa result also.

Villa stays up, barring Bolton making up 13 goals on them next week.

Bolton or QPR for relegation? i'm pulling for QPR to stay up by drawing with Citteh, of course, but i don't see it happening. i think they stay up via losing, as Bolton's unlikely to snag all 3 points at Stoke. discuss.

#2709 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

i'm pulling for QPR to stay up by drawing with Citteh,

You're a good man. i too think it's a folly, but it's all I've got.

Sunderland is going to put up a HELL of a fight. MON is not the manager i want to be facing on SUN.

#2710 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,369 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

You're a good man. i too think it's a folly, but it's all I've got. Sunderland is going to put up a HELL of a fight. MON is not the manager i want to be facing on SUN.

i think both Manchester clubs take 3 points on Sunday, honestly. but oh, how i want QPR to steal anything from that game.

provided Villa doesn't lose by 13 goals, of course. :lol:

#2711 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

i think both Manchester clubs take 3 points on Sunday, honestly. but oh, how i want QPR to steal anything from that game. provided Villa doesn't lose by 13 goals, of course. :lol:

I dont. I see Man U 1-1 at Sunderland. QPR get thrashed by Citeh.

But as we know, I only who the good players are, and I never claim to be a prognasticator. But I do like playing one on a message board.

#2712 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,369 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

I dont. I see Man U 1-1 at Sunderland. QPR get thrashed by Citeh. But as we know, I only who the good players are, and I never claim to be a prognasticator. But I do like playing one on a message board.

:thup:

i agree, it's possible for Sunderland to share the spoils from their match with United. Citteh have to be considered the extremely heavy favorites now...and yet, isn't that when they seem to crumble the most? United needed to at least draw for the derby...they didn't, and it's going to haunt them for years should this play out as expected.

#2713 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

:thup: i agree, it's possible for Sunderland to share the spoils from their match with United. Citteh have to be considered the extremely heavy favorites now...and yet, isn't that when they seem to crumble the most? United needed to at least draw for the derby...they didn't, and it's going to haunt them for years should this play out as expected.

That and the three matches leading up to the Derby. Werent they up 8 points with 5 games to go. Not good.

I liked the ESPN article that says Sir Alex is delusional if he thinks Man U can compete on the field with Citeh's finances.

#2714 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

sir alex said the same last week. he's not delusional as much as he's playing shit tactics, and having players fall asleep in at the wrong times. that does come down to the coaching.
http://manutdnetwork...:Comment:233950

Sir Alex Ferguson has cranked up the title climax by blaming rivals City for the “insane” transfer market.

The Manchester United manager is already planning his response to City’s emergence as a major force in the game by recruiting two or three players in the summer.

But he insists that United cannot compete with their neighbour’s financial muscle and sees no end to the unequal contest.

they dropped point where they shouldn't, no doubt. that everton match, the blackburn match. the derby tactics were shit. This typically isn't the time of year they drop the points, so that makes it harder.

still they are going to score more points than they have in the last 3 title winning seasons. they are nearly 20 points clear of the rest of the league. to lose it to City is miserable, but for fucks' sake they are still heads and shoulders better than the rest of the league.

Europe was a disappointment, personnel and tactics were shit there too... they need to bring in some creativity, and some depth to push some players along. they'll be right there again next year. as they always are.

there will be turnover this summer, and the Captain will come back in the team next season as well... that's going to be like a new signing compared to this season.. and frankly some of these goals would never have been given up late on, or in big spots if Vidic were involved. no hardware for ONCE, and it's all gloom.

they'll be back again.

#2715 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,369 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

no hardware for ONCE, and it's all gloom.

Posted Image

one Ferdinand stands between Citteh and glory...i wouldn't count on "no hardware" just yet.

#2716 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

Oh I know they will be top 3 next season no doubt. Winning the league is another thing.

Question from a coworker that I had no idea hwo to answer.

Why is one team called Atletico and the other Athletic?

#2717 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

Oh I know they will be top 3 next season no doubt. Winning the league is another thing. Question from a coworker that I had no idea hwo to answer. Why is one team called Atletico and the other Athletic?

i'm guessing language / dialect.. Athletico is Madrid, where it's primarily castelan spanish, and Atletic is Bilboa, where they speak the Basque language.

Colin.. no doubt.. I'm only speaking to the idea that it's all over, and united are defeated forever and alex has completely lost the plot, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are getting all the Glazers money.

He got it wrong on personel for the season. going young with the summer signings was a great move, long term, but they had old and young, and noone to bridge the gap, athletically. Giggs is past it, Carrick isn't mobile enough, Scholes came back to do his thing, but it's not what is needed in the current climate of 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 football. 4-4-2 with 2 cement footed passers who can't tackle are going to get overrun.

for me they need to commit Jones to the holding role, and make him a great player, or get someone in there. they need creativity in the ACM, and they need a left back to push Evra, whio has been SHIT. they could also use a right back who understands positioning, since Rafa has cost us at least 2 games with bad spacing, and a lack of covering his man. Smalling and Jones should not be used in that RB role.

Cleverley looked like he belonged until he had he knee destroyed, but they obviously missed a bigger player in the creative role. looking back, I'm glad it wasn't Sneidjer.. he's been SHIT at inter this year.

#2718 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

Real point for this response: Am I a bad person because I said haha, F U, when I read that Rossi tore his ACL again and won't be able to play in the Euro's this summer.

After reading the following article I am a bad person.

http://sportsillustr...hp&sct=hp_wr_a5

#2719 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,369 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

unbelievable. truly. sorry, jme.

#2720 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,369 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

oh...and...

i think both Manchester clubs take 3 points on Sunday, honestly.

and...

Bolton or QPR for relegation? i'm pulling for QPR to stay up by drawing with Citteh, of course, but i don't see it happening. i think they stay up via losing, as Bolton's unlikely to snag all 3 points at Stoke.

prognostication = success

i still can't really get over what just happened.

#2721 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

Wow! I saw all all the goals. When Joey barton had a head to head jump ball and was down is when Rooney scored. I also saw the other two Rooney misses (post and the other he should have had).

Joey Barton again. The second knee was bad and he will get ripped for it. Lucky Bolton lost so QPR stayed up, but...

All the other games being on was cool, but i was just between the the Manchester matches.

#2722 James420

James420
  • VibeTribe
  • 901 posts
  • LocationNew Rochelle, NY

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

Disappointing to see Stuart Holden's team get relegated. Maybe he can transfer.

#2723 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

Disappointing to see Stuart Holden's team get relegated. Maybe he can transfer.

And Tim Ream has been in their starting lineup for the past two months.

#2724 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

i am SOOOO glad that I was at brunch with Lisa.. I looked down after the 3rd course and saw 2-1... I nearly jumped up out of my chair. I had some strawberry rubarb pie, and some cheesecake and figured the extra time had past. I look down and see 3-2. I texted my brother to make sure my phone was right.. I almost through it out the window. I had alreay pictured my new kit, with the gold patch. :lol: I was giddy like a schoolboy eating that dessert.

thank god I wasn't watching this shit unfold or I would have ruined my television, and maybe my marriage. :lol:

Posted Image

#2725 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,369 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

i am SOOOO glad that I was at brunch with Lisa.. I looked down after the 3rd course and saw 2-1... I nearly jumped up out of my chair. I had some strawberry rubarb pie, and some cheesecake and figured the extra time had past. I look down and see 3-2. I texted my brother to make sure my phone was right.. I almost through it out the window. I had alreay pictured my new kit, with the gold patch. :lol: I was giddy like a schoolboy eating that dessert. thank god I wasn't watching this shit unfold or I would have ruined my television, and maybe my marriage. :lol: Posted Image

everything about this post is pure win. you're a good sport, jme. what're ya gonna do, really? if you want a new gaffer, you can snag Big Eck, i'm sure he'd be a great fit. :wink: (totally kidding, SAF isn't going anywhere until he wins the hardware back).

BTW - i have a good story about the Prem patches. when my friend surprised me with the Petrov shirt lsat month, she said "yeah, so they asked if i wanted "badges" and i really didn't know what they were, so i skipped them, is that okay?"

my reply: "yeah, they'll probably say "Championship" on them next season, anyway..." glad that one didn't come to pass!

#2726 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,369 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

oh, and by the way: Aston Villa can confirm that Alex McLeish's contract has been terminated with immediate effect.

The club has been disappointed with this season's results, performances and the general message these have sent to our fans.
The board wishes to assure supporters that we are conscious in every sense that Villa expects and deserves more and we will strive to deliver this.
Villa chairman Randy Lerner said: "We need to be clear and candid with ourselves and with supporters about what we have lacked in recent years.
"Compelling play and results that instil a sense of confidence that Villa is on the right track have been plainly absent.
"The most immediate action that we can take is to look carefully at our options in terms of bringing in a new manager who sees the club's potential and embraces our collective expectations."
Chief Executive Paul Faulkner said: "We'd like to thank Alex for his hard work and efforts throughout this tough season.
"We are mindful of the club's need to prepare thoroughly for the new campaign and for the new manager to be able to begin working with the board so that he is quickly immersed in these preparations and also in the long-term objectives of the club.
"Our focus now will be driven by these imperatives and we will update when appropriate."

:dance: :dance: :dance: UTV!

#2727 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

the DB and web developer I'm working with right now is from Manchester and while he could care less about footie, his older brother is a big fan... I just got an email asking me if I witnessed the drama..

Let's see how he reacts to my story. :lol:

where's that :gah: from the mets thread? :beer:

#2728 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

oh, and by the way: Aston Villa can confirm that Alex McLeish's contract has been terminated with immediate effect. The club has been disappointed with this season's results, performances and the general message these have sent to our fans. The board wishes to assure supporters that we are conscious in every sense that Villa expects and deserves more and we will strive to deliver this. Villa chairman Randy Lerner said: "We need to be clear and candid with ourselves and with supporters about what we have lacked in recent years. "Compelling play and results that instil a sense of confidence that Villa is on the right track have been plainly absent. "The most immediate action that we can take is to look carefully at our options in terms of bringing in a new manager who sees the club's potential and embraces our collective expectations." Chief Executive Paul Faulkner said: "We'd like to thank Alex for his hard work and efforts throughout this tough season. "We are mindful of the club's need to prepare thoroughly for the new campaign and for the new manager to be able to begin working with the board so that he is quickly immersed in these preparations and also in the long-term objectives of the club. "Our focus now will be driven by these imperatives and we will update when appropriate." :dance: :dance: :dance: UTV!

onward and upward. who do you want?

#2729 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,369 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

onward and upward. who do you want?

not THIS game again... :lol:

they're saying Paul Lambert coming over from Norwich...i don't see that happening without a fight, and i wouldn't be opposed.

#2730 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

Oh yes, this again!!! :lol: I was thinking the same thing... might cost some coin to Norwich, but he's done a good job with nothing.

what's the talk of Liverpool wanting Bent. would Villa sell?

#2731 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,369 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

Oh yes, this again!!! :lol: I was thinking the same thing... might cost some coin to Norwich, but he's done a good job with nothing. what's the talk of Liverpool wanting Bent. would Villa sell?

not a chance Villa sells Bent. the fans would tear down the Holte End. he's the only decent signing we've seen from Lerner in the past 3 years, which have seen the departure of much of the core of the squad.

#2732 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

FOOTBALL

Striker Darren Bent has pledged his commitment to managerless Aston Villa and revealed a determination to get behind the new boss when he is appointed. The 28-year-old, who missed the last three months of the season after rupturing ankle ligaments, was linked with a move away in January. Villa struggled without Bent, finishing just two points above the relegation zone - leading to Alex McLeish being relieved of his managerial duties. "People have asked if I was mis-sold the dream when I signed and if I'm honest I didn't think Ashley Young and Stewart Downing would leave in the same summer," he told the Birmingham Mail. "But I signed for Aston Villa because I wanted to be here and I still do. I was linked with a transfer out of here all through January and I didn't want that then and I don't want that now."

#2733 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,369 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

Bent also got skipped over for Euros. nice to see Downing, Milner, Barry, Young all featuring. :bang:

#2734 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

Bent's bene hurt for so long noone knows how he's going to fair, but I'd venuitre to guess he's got more than Defoe or Carroll.

Downing's only in the side because Adam Johson rides the bench at City. I would think the same for Milner, but he can play multiple positions, and has seen a little bit of playing time.

If I were the manager Barry would be home. that guy sucks. I guess he can play the holding role, but I hope some refs sees his shit ass cheap game and red cards his shit ass.

Young at least played alot of minutes toward the end of the season with Nani out. he's been good, and they are going to need some free kicks.

#2735 gotroot801

gotroot801

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

Fenway Sports Group (FSG) and Liverpool Football Club announced that Kenny Dalglish is to leave his post today as Manager after having his contract terminated.

http://www.liverpool...y-with-dalglish

Can't say I'm that shocked, to be honest.

#2736 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

yeah, the writing was on the wall.. finishing below Everton is never good, even the red sox know that. :lol:

lots of good managers available right now, but I'm not sure who wants that job. That's going to be a tough one to succeed in.

#2737 gotroot801

gotroot801

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

yeah, the writing was on the wall.. finishing below Everton is never good, even the red sox know that. :lol: lots of good managers available right now, but I'm not sure who wants that job. That's going to be a tough one to succeed in.

Losses to powerhouse teams like QPR, West Brom, Wigan Athletic and Swansea City didn't help...

If the Sox have any understanding how Europe works, they won't be happy with a Carling Cup despite the automatic Europa bid, and they'll have to spend to get into the Champions League. It'll be an interesting summer.

#2738 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

this is true too. They spent alot of money last year without too much success in those players, so It'll be interesting to see how much is given to the new manager.

That's the priority right now I'd imagine, finding the right guy to lead the efforts. The way Lambert used Holt at Norwich, I wouldn't be surprised to hear his name mentioned with the likes of Carroll up top.

It'll also be interesting to see who wants to leave or is shown the door.

#2739 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,369 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

is it wrong that i'd like to see Carlos Tevez contract a flesh-eating bacteria and die a slow, painful death?

Carlos Tevez refuses to apologise to Sir Alex Ferguson over RIP sign

Posted Image

Manchester City's Carlos Tevez says he will not apologise to Sir Alex Ferguson over the 'RIP Fergie' sign he held at City's Premier League title parade.
The Argentine striker's club have already apologised to the Manchester United boss over the incident.
Tevez said: "It seems like Ferguson is the president of England.
"When he speaks badly about a player, nobody says he has to apologise but when someone comes out with a joke, you have to say sorry. I don't say sorry."
Accusing the United manager of having "said the worst about me" in the past, Tevez added: "There's no relationship at all between me and Ferguson."
The comments, made to reporters in Argentina and carried on the Spanish-language website, www.ole.com.ar, appear to contradict the striker's initially contrite response.
Tevez who joined City in 2009 after leaving United, said at the time: "I got carried away in the excitement of the moment and I certainly didn't mean any disrespect to Sir Alex Ferguson, who I admire as a man and a manager."
The sign, passed to the 28-year-old Argentina international by a supporter during Monday's open-top bus parade in Manchester, was thought to refer to a 2009 response by Ferguson, when asked whether United would ever be City's underdogs.
Ferguson had said at the time: "Not in my lifetime".
City apologised for the incident, describing the sign as "tasteless material" and saying Tevez had "made a significant error of judgement" in brandishing it.
United chief executive David Gill applauded the club for the prompt apology, telling Sky Sports News: "It was silly and inappropriate but City acted with commendable speed to say sorry."
Former Boca Juniors and Corinthians forward Tevez moved to English football in 2006, joining West Ham.
After helping them avoid relegation from the Premier League, he moved to United, where he spent two seasons, winning two Premier League trophies and the Champions League.
Tevez was top scorer in each of his first two years at City, but this season was punctuated by a self-imposed spell back in Argentina after an argument with manager Roberto Mancini about his alleged refusal to warm up in a Champions League game with Bayern Munich.
Mancini had said Tevez would not feature for him again but brought him back in for the title run-in.
He impressed on his return to City, scoring four goals in 10 games, and featured in the final-day win over QPR that clinched their maiden Premier League title.
Mancini told BBC Sport this week: "It's not difficult to manage Tevez. He's a good guy. We had a good relationship always.
"I don't know why we had that situation in September but in the end he's a good guy and a fantastic player."
And the striker has now said he could stay at the club months after it looked certain he would never play for City again.

#2740 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

fuck him...

just saw the inital 16 calls up for the american training camp for WC quals.

INITIAL U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (4): Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Alfredo Morales (Hertha Berlin)

MIDFIELDERS (8): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim)

FORWARDS (1): Clint Dempsey (Fulham)

REPORTING DATES

May 15: Beckerman, Castillo, Cherundolo, Corona, Guzan, Johnson, Jones, Torres, Williams
May 16: Guzan, Morales
May 18: Bradley, Bocanegra, Dempsey, Edu, Howard

For me, the additional 13:
Donovan, Lichaj, Ream, Shea, Agudelo, Adu, Feilhaber, Kjestan, Spector, Wondolowski... and 3 more (beasley?).

#2741 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

after further reading.. Gooch and Terrance Boyd will be included... Donovan is going after this weekend's fixtures as well. Altidore is also confirmed (obvisously)

#2742 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

fuck him... just saw the inital 16 calls up for the american training camp for WC quals. INITIAL U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake) DEFENDERS (4): Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Alfredo Morales (Hertha Berlin) MIDFIELDERS (8): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim) FORWARDS (1): Clint Dempsey (Fulham) REPORTING DATES May 15: Beckerman, Castillo, Cherundolo, Corona, Guzan, Johnson, Jones, Torres, Williams May 16: Guzan, Morales May 18: Bradley, Bocanegra, Dempsey, Edu, Howard For me, the additional 13: Donovan, Lichaj, Ream, Shea, Agudelo, Adu, Feilhaber, Kjestan, Spector, Wondolowski... and 3 more (beasley?).

I was more interested in who plays holding and or center midfielders for England. Lampard and Gerard?

Agreed with the additional 13.

#2743 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

there's a chance they go with 3.. considering they don;'t even have one good ST for the first two games.

#2744 James420

James420
  • VibeTribe
  • 901 posts
  • LocationNew Rochelle, NY

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

Anybody feel like coming to Woodlawn to watch the game on Saturday at a fine irish pub?

#2745 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

If I didn't have plans, I'd certianly be down for that. W'ere palying cards all day SAT.

I can't beleive I have to root for Bayern. blet. but I guess it's a small price to pay to have both Chelsea & Liverpool out of the Champs league next year.

I also think it would be cool for them to win it at their home stadium.

Anyone know if the Championship Playoff Final is on Fox? Blackpool v West Ham 10am EDT from Wembley

#2746 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:28 AM

good for the Hammers.. welcome to the Prem.

chelsea, ugh. UGH.

UGH.

#2747 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:29 AM

good for the Hammers.. welcome to the Prem.

back.. welcome BACK to the prem.

#2748 jam kids on their vespas

jam kids on their vespas
  • VibeTribe
  • 380 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:24 AM

#2749 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

indeed, bub.... held them off, and made the shots. good for them.

I feel for Spurs.

#2750 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

Wigan president making lots of news today.

One alerting everyone that Martinez is in talks with Liverpool to become new Coach.
http://soccernet.esp...s-talks?cc=5901

Then, he also states that Sir Alex will retire after next season.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1077987/wigan's-dave-whelan:-one-more-year-for-united's-sir-alex-ferguson?cc=5901