Hey, soccer hooligans

• Please log in to reply
3644 replies to this topic

#101 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:27 PM

problem is he's pretending to be a Blue while he's over there.. .since noone in london buys Chelski tickets anyways. :lol: I didn't talk to him for the month of May last year. :lol:

I told him, NO FUCKING WAY I'm going to the bridge. IF that or the Emirates are the only options, I'm going to see a Championship match. but I gotta wait til all the schedules come out anyway. so much anticipation.

#102 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:30 PM

ouch. but you can't really blame him. it's like moving to New York and rooting for the Yankees. i wouldn't pay to see a game at Emirates, but i'd go to the Bridge, or Anfield, in a heartbeat.

#103 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:38 PM

yeah, you can see why I might not goto Anfield. :lol: and you can't get a ticket to Emirates until 2013 or some shit.

If I were to go up north It would be The Theater of Dreams... My wife has even told me I can get the FULL HOSPITALITY package if I can get there... 500 quid or some shit. :lol:

#104 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:43 PM

yeah, you can see why I might not goto Anfield. :lol: and you can't get a ticket to Emirates until 2013 or some shit.

If I were to go up north It would be The Theater of Dreams... My wife has even told me I can get the FULL HOSPITALITY package if I can get there... 500 quid or some shit. :lol:

yeah, i don't have the hatred for Anfield's home supporters that you do.

as for Old Trafford, i'd say that's pretty much a must-stop for any fan of the game. i dunno about laying down 500 for it, but i'd sit anywhere.

#105 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:51 PM

yeah I want the whole damn thing.. pregame private bar, half time private bar, post match meal, full blown tour of the joint, man of the match presentation, player meet and greet. lower section midfield seating.

It will be a day that will be fresh with me forever. I don't care what it costs.

#106 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:16 PM

ROO-NAY ROO-NAY.

and the 2 kits I have link up for the assist.. w00t

2009: GOAL Manchester United 1-0 Portsmouth
Don't look, Liverpool fans. Anderson slips the evergreen Ryan Giggs in down the left and he gets into the box and sends the ball across the six-yard area for Wayne Rooney to tap in at the far post. Easy, frankly.

#107 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:47 PM

top of the table.. lock it up..

He can pass, tackle, head.
Michael Carrick is a RED.
Lampard, Gerrard, Fabregas,
You're not fit to wipe his ass.

2142: GOAL Manchester United 2-0 Portsmouth
Game over. Paul Scholes shows a flash of absolute genius to thread a pass inbetween two Pompey defenders and Michael Carrick runs on to it and drills low into the far corner. Lovely goal.

It should be 4 or 5 nil, but as long as the sheet stays clean I'll be happy. need to make up that goal difference.

#108 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

scoreless draw at the Bridge. Everton now just a point out of 5th place. Man. United up 3 points on the Reds at the top of the table. Chelsea comfortably in 3rd, Arsenal still 8 points up on Villa for the final Champions League spot.

Arsenal needs to crumble and crumble quickly - i just don't see it happening.

#109 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:12 PM

they say that game was horrid... i'd tend to agree.. fucking Chelsea.. asleep at the whell and ONLY involved in Euro now.

3 in a row? 3 wins and a draw, and it's done. they can even drop one at this point. Arsenal will be the resting game if it stays this way, sorry to say GoP.

#110 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

4/26 Middlesbrough, 4/29 Man United, 5/2 Portsmouth, 5/6 Man United, 5/10 Chelsea, 5/16 Man United, 5/24 Stoke City (5/27 Champions League final, should they win the semi).

i dunno, 7 matches in less than a month = recipie for a slip. Arsenal's done it before!

#111 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:47 PM

the chelsea match will test them for sure.. the champions league will also knacker them out a bit.

and remember Senderos and Gallas are DONE. they're playing Silveste in the middle. He was awful in the middle 3-4 years ago.. never mind now. :lol:

They certianly have, see earlier this year for one example. I'm only saying that the United league game COULD see a second side from the Devils.

#112 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:43 PM

the chelsea match will test them for sure.. the champions league will also knacker them out a bit.

and remember Senderos and Gallas are DONE. they're playing Silveste in the middle. He was awful in the middle 3-4 years ago.. never mind now. :lol:

They certianly have, see earlier this year for one example. I'm only saying that the United league game COULD see a second side from the Devils.

a Man. United second side can still beat Arsenal any day. and that's what i need. (of course it's worthless is Villa doesn't remember how to earn 3 points).

#113 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,893 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:13 PM

Lets give some love to Fulham and there 50 points this year sitting 7th in the table, with a chance to get the last UEFA wild card spot.

#114 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:47 PM

Lets give some love to Fulham and there 50 points this year sitting 7th in the table, with a chance to get the last UEFA wild card spot.

they handed it to my Villans at home two weeks ago, allowing Everton to slip back into 5th place. Aston Villa-Everton-Fulham for the Europa league would be a nice set of teams. No Tottenham/Manchester City in the mix would make me happy.

#115 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,893 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:54 PM

They did put it to Aston Villa 3-1 at home. Fulham have been a top 4 team at home this year. They took points from all 4 top teams this year, including a win against Man U. On the road, the were a mid to bottom tier team, but they got a lot of draws on the road this year, taking a single point at a time. I think they only have 2 road wins all year.

I started following them when McBride was their best player. Now that Dempsey is in their starting 11 most every week has led me to keep following them.

I even went to Craven Cottage in 2004 they lost to Birmingham 3-2, hesky had two goals.

I like Aston Villa. They were really good early in the season. I thought Friedal would have helped more, but their defense let him down late. Ashley Young has been just OK this year.

Will they resign Gareth Barry? They better if they want to compete at this level next year.

#116 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:51 PM

I like Aston Villa. They were really good early in the season. I thought Friedal would have helped more, but their defense let him down late. Ashley Young has been just OK this year.

Will they resign Gareth Barry? They better if they want to compete at this level next year.

that's awesome that you made it to Craven Cottage! i need to make my first trip across the pond next season. Christmas in Birmingham sounds nice...

with Martin Laursen announcing his retirement, i can't see any way that Barry doesn't get a huge contract and the captain's armband for as long as he's willing to stay at Villa.

Friedel was overworked by the end of the season - a clean sheet is only as clean as your defense, and they broke down between the injuries and lack of depth in back - he didn't have a chance on plenty of those goals, and that's tough.

just hoping for a miracle on Sunday - i wanna see those standings flip-flop between 5th and 6th. and i sure hope Fulham can hold on for 7th.

#117 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:07 PM

HOLY SHIT OMFG, NO WAY.

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT.

Spain 0 - 2 USA.

:jam: :jam: :jam:

Jozy and Clint.... Bring on the SAMBA.

#118 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,893 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:24 PM

I was watching on Gamecast. The Irish dude typing in commentary was hysterical.

#119 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

i'm still in a state of shock on this one. it's not like Spain sent out the "B" squad, either:

(1) Iker Casillas
(15) Sergio Ramos
(11) Juan Capdevila
(5) Carles Puyol
(3) Gerard Pique
(18) Albert Riera 77
(14) Xabi Alonso
(10) Cesc F

#120 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:00 PM

they aren't winning a damn thing without the midfield lynchpin out on a red cause fucking xavi made meal of a tackle... I hear Bradley got the BALL, and then a RED. 3 REDS in 4 games is a referree issue. and a fucked up one at that.

as unlikely as it was for this result today, brazil will be ready, and motivated for SA. SA have less players in europe than the US.

Spain thought it was over already... well done you dicks, and FUCK YOU Fernando Torres.. I can't wait to see the pictures of him crying. ugly broad that torres.

and I wonder how much Real is going to splash for Demerit after today's performance :lol: :lol: 50mil?

#121 cjtpaint

cjtpaint
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:30 PM

Here is my Caity update, she is the keeper for the Reds.
http://www.soccerplu...edule.html#5_22

#122 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:06 AM

Well done U.S., well done!

#123 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,063 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:06 AM

totally outplayed and got some lucky breaks. but they did finish so I'll give them that.

#124 purple cowboy

purple cowboy
  • VibeTribe
  • 917 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:22 PM

Yeah... domination by Spain but we got the goals. And just think prior to the Egypt match Bradley was taking shots from all quarters on soccernet, World Soccer Daily, etc.. Can't wait to hear those guys today.

#125 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

he still sucks... it only took him like 3 years to get this lineup on the pitch. DeMerit and Spector should be first team players all the time (yes they faced injuries recently, but should have been on before them). Getting Bocanegra out of the middle is just as huge. He's such a liability it's gross. lol@armband. let him wear the armband on the bench.

This is what happens when you sit the currently overrated child, and put Euro tested players on the pitch. MLS players kill this side, and it's taken too long to realize you win football games with football players, and not soccer players. I can't wait until someone realizes this team need foreign influence in the coaching ranks.

:halfstar: EVERYONE gets outplayed by spain, they enjoy 70% of the possession every game they play. the defense held tight, and played very gutsy. it was key to leave two holding players. I'll give Bradley the credit for knowing to hinder Xavi. if Einesta were on the pitch it may have been different, but they clogged the lanes, and slowed them so much through the middle they were only throwing crosses into the big CenterHalves.

#126 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,063 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:14 PM

I hate donovan too. he's a prick.

#127 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:23 PM

he gave a GREAT interview to ESPN yesterday.. it very much decreased my level of smug prick haterade.

#128 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:53 PM

That red on Bradley was total bunk. I'm just pissed I had to miss this game. I'm getting ready to watch the other semi, though.

On a side note, I was in Scotland last month honeymooning and I got a feel first-hand for the passion. It was awesome. We bought some Celtic gear and got a dirty look from a clerk in another store, when we learned from another clerk that he was a Rangers fan. I was so sorry we couldn't get to a match on Sunday, but that was the day we had to leave. I went ahead and bought some Celtic gear, even though I'm Protestant! :tongue1:

#129 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:20 PM

Brazil today. Brazil Saturday. anyone have the current odds against the US winning this thing?

#130 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:22 PM

I thought I read the other day that the US was listed as 25-to-1.

#131 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:23 PM

I thought I read the other day that the US was listed as 25-to-1.

before or after they ended the Spanish run?

#132 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:23 PM

if brazil they will get their asses kicked.. without bradley they've got nothing to stop them from playing down hill. eek

if SA you play the hosts, who just beat brazil. eek

very little. but when you've got nothing to lose, you can play to your best.

#133 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:25 PM

That was before. I think I read it on Sunday or Monday night.

#134 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:35 PM

i hope they attack like hell and score early. that's all. if Brasil/SA get the best of them later on, it's understandable. i just don't want to see Tim Howard on his ass for the first 12 minutes of the game again.

#135 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:29 PM

scoreless draw at the half here...the Brazilians can't be pleased.

#136 purple cowboy

purple cowboy
  • VibeTribe
  • 917 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:12 PM

WSD has said repeatedly that Donavon is jealous of Altidore, and has refused to pass to him on occasion when Altidore is wide open. The way he goes down at the slightest glance, I could see that in him. Albert Riera & Fabregas were almost laughing at him yesterday, picking him up from another dive!

#137 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,063 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:23 PM

nice finish.

#138 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:44 PM

it's Brazil v. United States again. like i said, i'm thrilled if the US scores first, and if Tim Howard's punk-ass-Everton-self isn't flat on his back within the first 15 minutes of the game, they've got a chance.

but not much of one.

KAKA for the win.

#139 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:24 AM

I can't wait for the match.

#140 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:16 PM

I'm looking forward to it also... any word on the midfield solution? Feilhaber? :eek:

#141 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:13 PM

The only thing Bradley will say is that Benny is the "lead candidate."

#142 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:05 PM

Wow. That was quite the welcome for Ronaldo to Real Madrid, eh? 80,000?

#143 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:15 PM

Manchester United: "well, we finally lost a league title, so it's time to retool".

:lol:

#144 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:49 PM

um, no they haven't lost a league title, at least in the last 3 years. they're on the perch with 'Pool for 18 league titles. trying to be the first to 4 prems in a row.

#145 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:10 PM

CHAMPIONS League (my bad)

#146 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:14 PM

yeah, well they better start some sort of retooling.. michael owen, and a kid from France do not qualify in my book.. i liek valencia for the right wing.

I'd love to see them take a trip to Birmingham and take a left winger home with them. :P they've got the coin with the Ms. Ronaldo money.

I hear Huntelaar is next, or maybe Eto'o if he doesn't take the barca deal.. noone else has the money to take him on... aside from Shitty, but noone wants to play there anyways.

#147 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:24 PM

HOLY SHIT!

Aston Villa 3-1 Atlante, Peace Cup Group "C" qualifier.

Villa advances to Peace Cup semifinals by virtue of goal differential.

BRING ON PORTO!

i'm about to do the happy dance in the office. my boss is out, i can do that, right?

#148 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:35 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

#149 purple cowboy

purple cowboy
  • VibeTribe
  • 917 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:34 PM

Nice one!

The Coca-Cola Championship kicks off the new season already on Friday! Nottingham Forest start the season Saturday at Reading. Probably going to be a tough year for manager Billy Davies if we don't get off to a decent start. He actually got ownership to spend some money:

Chris Gunter from Tottenham,

#150 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:57 PM

NF should do well this season. i dunno if they'll earn promotion when it's all said and done, but they've got a fair chance if the money they put forth works out.

i'm hoping that Villa's preseason tourney triumph will inspire MON to push hard in the Europa Cup. with Man City making such drastic improvements, cracking the top 4 in the Premiership is going to be tougher than ever, so i want to see him put more emphasis on their Cup ambitions, and gauge the team by that standard.

that said, no reason Villa can't improve on last year's 6th-place finish in the top flight.