The 4th Annual Old 78 Farm Fall Festival, Warwick, MA, 9/28/13

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:19 AM

http://old78farm.com/ for more information.

My buddy Phil Simon and his wife Angel runs this party in the backyard of their working farm.     The theme is always focused on "recycled and reused materials, and local businesses and farming".    A very family friendly single day event.     The lineup:

The Alchemisfits

Girls Guns and Glory

Roots of Creation

Hot Day at the Zoo

Wildcat O’Halloran

Mr Noizy & the Sparkplugs

Start Making Sense

Mademoiselle Pixie Belle the Clown

Plus face painting, balloon animals, vendors, pony rides, and more!

I help his Brother Eric with the BBQ foods and will be there all day.

I hope you can come and support your very very local festival scene.

#2 Kashmir

Kashmir
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,561 posts
  • LocationA peaceful place, or so it looks from space

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

I'm hoping to make it to this

#3 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:25 AM

I went last year.   I was charmed by this one.   Everyone really works hard to put together a beautiful Hippie Powered event.         The smallest festival scene you can have and still proudly call it a festival.   Complete with homemade pies and cookies for sale. 

#4 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

bump

#5 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

Interesting, met Phil and Angel again this past weekend.

#6 SHStrangers

SHStrangers
  • VibeTribe
  • 858 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Strangers Helping Strangers will be hosting a food drive for the local food bank.

Please bring a non-perishable food, toiletry, feminine or personal hygiene, or baby product donation for those in need in this community.

SHS volunteer Elizabeth Nagine will be accepting the donations. Stop and show her some ♥

Together as a community we can make a difference!!

#7 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

Oh cool.   I'll be sure to say Hello and will try to remember to bring some stuff.   

#8 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

getting psyched

#9 matty

matty
  • VibeTribe
  • 916 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

Looks like a good time. Wish I could make it.

#10 groundhog

groundhog
  • VibeTribe
  • 357 posts
  • Locationthe 603

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

Go to Phil's or get caught up on Laundry, hmmm....I guess I'll be working on 5 week festival run.  This weekend will be # 4 for my fourth trip back to the Farm.  Looking forward to a mellow good time.  

#11 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

Make sure you say hi!    I'll be working the BBQ foods up near the house, by the van and cargo trailer with Eric.   

#12 Kashmir

Kashmir
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,561 posts
  • LocationA peaceful place, or so it looks from space

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

Interesting, met Phil and Angel again this past weekend.

Angel is my hero ❤️

#13 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hoping to be on the ground tonight somewhere before 8pm.    Might be a tall order though.   I don't have my shiznit together quite yet.

#14 chefjeff

chefjeff
  • VibeTribe
  • 700 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

Can I sleep Sat night in the back of the truck or do I have to leave?

Chefjeff

#15 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

Keeping in mind that I have no say in the matter whatsoever....   

It's theoretically a single day festival with no camping.      Music apparently ends at 11pm, according to the website.  Your truck is parked in a field.     I would kind of doubt that somebody's going to chase your truck out of that time, as if it was the heavily policed parking lot of a major venue.         But that's just a guess.   

#16 chefjeff

chefjeff
  • VibeTribe
  • 700 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

understood

#17 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

My suspicions are that nobody's going to be that much of a prick to tell somebody incapable of safe driving that "THEY MUST LEAVE".    I would suspect that if they were to allow camping officially, it comes with a larger headache.    More staff needed, and it may very well set off a bureaucratic flurry of activity that might be unwelcome.   Things along the lines of more expensive permits, having a officer police present, that kind of thing.      ...But if a truck was still in the field at dawn, Oh well.  (but ya may wanna make tracks early)   ;-)    

#18 chefjeff

chefjeff
  • VibeTribe
  • 700 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

Im very stealth and quiet. unlike the chipmonk out my window right now LOL

I dont plan on any over indulgence I just cant see well driving at night. If you know them maybe you could ask for me?

I can help clean up in the morning or something!

Thanks

Cheffrey

#19 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

Im very stealth and quiet. unlike the chipmonk out my window right now LOL

I dont plan on any over indulgence I just cant see well driving at night. If you know them maybe you could ask for me?

I can help clean up in the morning or something!

Thanks

Cheffrey

I'll be happy to bring it up and vouch for you..   I doubt they'd turn away cleanup help too.     Who knows, maybe there will be a better parking spot to put you in that resolves whatever concerns he may have.    Come find me at Eric's BBQ trailer.    

#20 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:23 AM

Chefjeff, i spoke with Phil and he says its cool to crash in your truck. And would love to take you up on your offer for cleanup help.

#21 chefjeff

chefjeff
  • VibeTribe
  • 700 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:58 AM

OK Truck is packed

Farm cake

Cheffrey

#22 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,340 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

Roseforest will be at this, I so wish i could make it to see her. If anyone here does see her please give her an extra long strong hug from me. :smile: 

#23 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Fun times.   Sorry I didn't meet up with anyone here.  

It was really a beautiful grassroots hippie-powered, family friendly scene.    They throw their entire hearts into this one.   Probably about 275-300 people there.     You know, happy friendly people out on a gorgeous day, enjoying good food, music, vibes.    Just perfect.   

I was pretty focused on assisting with the BBQ foods & vending situation, which was a little removed from the music, so I can't really give a proper music review.     But I made it a point to get myself in front of every band for at least a few minutes, just to absorb their vibe.        I cut out about 8pm though to make the 4.5 hr trek back to NJ.   Just exhausted (from this and the Mickey hart show the day before).    I was craving my own bed.  

For next year regarding the camping situation:  Seems to be allowed by special request only.     Anyone who's asked to stay has been graciously welcomed to stay.    And just a few miles away on backroads is a proper campground, for those who want to make it more of a weekend.     The parking situation is poor, so that's why it's not advertised as a camping festival.        There were a couple of tents set up here and there.   

It's possible that the festival expands someday to a 2 day event, but the cost double and they're just not there yet.    Kind of something that has to evolve over time.     

#24 groundhog

groundhog
  • VibeTribe
  • 357 posts
  • Locationthe 603

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

Good Clean Fun....

Beautiful Day @ Old 78.  Probably the most people I've seen there.

my musical review....

Wildcat O'Halloran Band - probably a localish band, sounded tight.  Solid female vocals.  Did some Bluesy good stuffn

Hot Day at the Zoo - Mike Dion has recently left the band.  This was the first time I've seen them in a long time.  Still sound really good.  Love JT's playing, Jed's beat & Jon's songwriting.  Nick, the new guy, tickles a nice key too.  I think they should change their name though.

Adam Ezra - Acoustically organic (un-amplified) set in the middle of the field with Turtle, drummer on cajon & fiddle player with the hot sun beating down on them.  Always nice to see good true acoustic music.

Melanie & The Blue Shots - Very local band, who I would probably see often if I were a local.  

Start Making Sense - Talking Heads tribute band.  Very tight band from PA.  Lots of dancing going on during their set.  They closed with a Hall & Oates song as I guess they also double as another tribute band.  As tribute bands go, they're right up there with the Peacheaters.

Mr. Noizy & The Sparkplugs - 2 sets that will be easily forgotten.

Girls Guns & Glory - Countryish.  I've enjoyed these cats ever time I've seen them.  played a nice chunk of dead everyone was getting down to.

The Alchemisfits - Very fun set,  took me back to some of the ol' skool Alchemystic daze.  The band held a tight groove for the mc's (5 total, I think) to freestyle & sing songs about parenting. 

Roots Of Creation - Always good to see.  Representing the 603 well.

#25 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

https://picasaweb.go...CPLh26CV4pXvmAE

can you see if this links works for my pics of the event?

#26 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,086 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

great pics :clapping:

gorgeous day

lovely woods

delicious looking pies! :drool:

#27 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

Chefjeff, Did you even make it?    

#28 chefjeff

chefjeff
  • VibeTribe
  • 700 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Truck was packed but I did not feel well so I decided to sleep in bed all weekend. I wish I went but knew I would have paid the price.

Sad Cake!

Cheffrey

#29 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

Truck was packed but I did not feel well so I decided to sleep in bed all weekend. I wish I went but knew I would have paid the price.

Sad Cake!

Cheffrey

Awww, sorry that you didn't make it.   Was looking forward to meeting you...  you might've enjoyed the personal tour of BBQ land too.

Hopefully see you next year.    But now we know about the camping situation.  

#30 groundhog

groundhog
  • VibeTribe
  • 357 posts
  • Locationthe 603

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:56 PM

Just got around to uploading The Alchemisfits

https://archive.org/...g481-sbd.flac16

Maybe i'll get to a few others??