RIP mylightning2

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#201 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:49 PM

Tyler and I can't make the memorial since I can not travel stateside at this time. We plan to light a red lantern and float it up into the sky over the lake on Thursday night in memory of our dear friend. :heart:

All of our love to Charlotte, Lil' E and all of Matt's family and friends. There hardly is a day gone by that one of us doesn't bring his name up or share a story from our past adventures.

We wish we could join you for the memorial, I am hoping that Thursday evening isn't too windy so we can float the lantern, if we can't do it then, we'll do it on Friday.

#202 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:08 PM

We'll be looking for it

#203 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

We'll be looking for it

:heart:

#204 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:31 PM

Kitty- any idea what time the buds will be playing? I'm looking forward to meeting you tonight.

#205 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:51 PM

We'll be looking for it

:) :heart:

#206 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,091 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:51 PM

Thinking of y'all. :heart:

#207 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:37 PM

Kitty- any idea what time the buds will be playing? I'm looking forward to meeting you tonight.

The Buds will play from around 3:30 - 7:30? We will go with the flow...

#208 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,085 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

:heart::heart:

#209 spacewoman

spacewoman
  • VibeTribe
  • 811 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:31 PM

#210 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,048 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:41 PM

:heart::heart::heart:

#211 Tooozday

Tooozday
  • VibeTribe
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:49 AM

#212 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:05 PM

Last night was sad and beautiful. I met so many of Matt's wonderful friends, some who travelled very far to say good bye. I was reminded again how awesome the Kind Buds were and now I know why Matt saw them every chance he got. :heart: He will be greatly missed. It's still so hard to believe he's really gone.

Kitty- it was great to meet you. I hope to see you and the Buds again very soon. :heart:
Larry- so nice to see you again. I'm looking forward to the next time. :heart:

One of the guys I met last night didn't actually know Matt. He stopped to ask a few guys where the first hole of the frisbee golf course was, noticed they were wearing some Dead clothing and asked if they were on the Phil zone board. Once he heard that the Kind Buds were playing he stuck around b/c he knew them as well. I thought Matt would have really appreciated the randomness of that. I thought it was pretty cool. :heart:

#213 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,233 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:18 PM

#214 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,390 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:31 PM

#215 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,085 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:26 PM

I thought Matt would have really appreciated the randomness of that. I thought it was pretty cool. :heart:

:smile: He would indeed :heart:

#216 LostsailorVT

LostsailorVT
  • VibeTribe
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

Matt’s memorial yesterday was a really nice gathering of friends, some old and some new. I got to meet some wonderful people. Big thanks to The Kind Bud’s for being there and playing two beautiful sets while we celebrated for him and shared some great memories. Definately some sad moments, but all in all it was a beautiful day and an appropriate send off for our friend. I think Matt would have approved. Especially of the random guy who wondered by on his way to the frisbee golf course. It seemed he was meant to be there.

Sara... really nice to see you again as well. I'm sure our paths will cross again soon.

Kitty, Bud & Budd... Great to see you as always. Love you guy's. See you real soon.

Matt... I'd like to think that you will be peeking down through a cloud during vibes snickering at us all. You will be missed, but never forgotten. Rock on...

#217 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

Sara....so nice meeting you and I am looking forward to many more times together -

Larry - thank you so much for the wonderful food you provided -

Charlotte felt that yesterday gave her closure.....we all wish her the best and will keep her in our lives

#218 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

#219 Dolla Jill

Dolla Jill
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:27 PM

#220 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

-

Charlotte felt that yesterday gave her closure.....we all wish her the best and will keep her in our lives

I'm glad to hear that! I'm sure it was tough having this event almost 2 weeks after the fact. Now she can probably move on and start to heal. :heart:

#221 Janetevera

Janetevera
  • VibeTribe
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:19 PM

This is so sad, I just found out today about Matty's passing, and searching for an obit lead me here. My husband and Matty were friends for a while, I think almost 10 years or so. We are just in shock right now, and I know he feels really bad about missing the memorial. I just don't know what to say right now, it's so hard to believe we'll never see him again. I knew he had some troubles but he was such a genuine, loving, fun person underneath. The last we saw him was at DSO at Hampton Beach two years ago, we drove down from Portland with him and had so much fun. Rest in Peace Matty! May you find refuge in God's endless grace!

#222 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,233 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

Amen :heart:

#223 charlie mama

charlie mama
  • VibeTribe
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:22 AM

does anyone know anymore about matt's passing? i am also a long time friend of his and would really appreciate any info any of you might have. i chatted with him on the wed before he passed and i am still struggling everyday with this and have yet to find anything out. i have emailed friends and no one has written me back. please , if anyone can help i would be eternally grateful. matt was a big part of my life for a long time in the 90s , some of the best memories i have of that time were spent with him. thanks.

#224 clouseau

clouseau
  • VibeTribe
  • 387 posts
  • Locationlong island, n.y.

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:12 PM

I'm stunned and in disbelief, for I've just learned of Matt's passing today....I've been on the road an awful lot this past year, and I briefly glanced the boards last on 6/25, and only for moments...i'm floored by this...My heart goes out to his wife and daughter -they were his world ! I was blessed to have known him, albeit for such a brief time ,and ski Mansfield with him. How fitting that we met face to face on the highest peak in Vermont ! We had some laughs over the perils and trials of living in the North, but always embraced its beauty....there was talk of getting together for the U.S. Open last year (one of us had extra tickets), but Matt reasoned it wasn't worth the time he'd be away from his family...That was Matt ! Our heartfelt condolences go out to Charlotte, Little E, and the rest of the family...the world has lost another Prince...

"And at night you will look up at the stars. Where I live everything is so small that I cannot show you where my star is to be found. It is better, like that. My star will be just one of the stars, for you. And so you will love to watch all the stars in the heavens...They will all be your friends. :heart: Shine On, Brother......Kevin and Mary Ellen:heart

#225 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,233 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:48 PM

:heart::heart:

#226 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:15 PM

I started a little morning ritual a little while ago where I sound the singing bowl while facing the sun in the east each morning. One of the first days I did that, Tyler came up to me and said "The Skipper can hear that."

Made me smile. :heart:

#227 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,085 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:16 PM

#228 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:28 PM

battery died at this one in Waterbury

kind buds
www.youtube.com

#229 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,233 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

#230 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:11 PM

We played this song in memory of you at our Jubilee this weekend - Tyler told me that he felt you and Jerry floating there above us, smiling down upon all - sharing that moment dancing with all of our Fambly in celebration of our loves and our losses in life was one of the many highlights for me that evening - thank you for joining us. :heart:

#231 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,091 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:01 AM

I was thinking of his threads about teaching lil' E to brush her teeth, the other day. :) :heart:

#232 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:10 PM

:heart:I think about that often when I'm brushing my kids' teeth...

#233 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:55 AM

I still think of you all the time, my friend. I wish I could have shared the news that Tyler and I decided to make our home in the NE with you - you had a lot to do with that, and tho I know you'd be happy that you were the inspiration behind us figuring out how to follow our bliss, I will always regret not being able to share that decision with you.

I love you and miss you and thank you for your guidance. :heart:

#234 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,085 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:11 AM

Miss you Matt!

#235 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,390 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:50 AM

I still think of you all the time, my friend. I wish I could have shared the news that Tyler and I decided to make our home in the NE with you - you had a lot to do with that, and tho I know you'd be happy that your were the inspiration behind us figuring out how to follow our bliss, I will always regret not being able to share that decision with you.

I love you and miss you and thank you for your guidance. :heart:

((skipper)))

my heart broke the most with Matt's passing not so much because of the good times we had because they were brief and few, but because of the good times we anticipated having in the future.

So inviting,
The way you're messin' with my reason
It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Tell me a lie and I will swear
I'll swear it's true

:dance:

#236 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

my heart broke the most with Matt's passing not so much because of the good times we had because they were brief and few, but because of the good times we anticipated having in the future.

This more than anything - thank you for putting it so eloquently. :heart:

#237 Kuzsin

Kuzsin
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:30 AM

.....bump before the purge..

#238 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,048 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

Great bump, but I don't think "Not Fade Away" posts are getting the purge.

#239 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,233 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

Brings the warm and fuzzies to see him drums at Bud's. :heart:

#240 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

I've gotten 2 spam emails from Matt in the past few weeks... :huh:

#241 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

Yeah, I've had some spams, too. Heartless spam-bots.

#242 Misha

Misha

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

I was thinking it might be nice to find some of his posts (especially about his daughter) to print out so she can read them when she's older

#243 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

Thinking of you Skipper...
Love from the coast buddy.

#244 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

We miss you Skipper Matt. We love you. Your name and the legend of the adventures we all shared still make the rounds regularly in our lives all of the time.

Today the thunder and the lightning and the rain are all for you. :heart:

#245 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Damn it's already been a year eh?!? I knew this anniversary was coming up soon.

I still see Matt in the crowd sometimes at shows, especially when guys are wearing a pink baseball cap.

In some good news Charlotte and Ellie are doing very well. She's a sweet little girl who seems to be doing OK.

#246 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,302 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

It's hard to believe it's already been a year! :sad:

#247 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

Damn it's already been a year eh?!? I knew this anniversary was coming up soon.

I still see Matt in the crowd sometimes at shows, especially when guys are wearing a pink baseball cap.

In some good news Charlotte and Ellie are doing very well. She's a sweet little girl who seems to be doing OK.

We swear we see him sometimes, too.

Andy said there was a dude with long hair and pink shorts and a skipper hat on JamCruise this year. He said had to do a double-take. I like the reminders. :)

It's good to hear that C and Lil' E are doing well - that makes me happy.

Memories had been coming up quite a bit lately, and yesterday Tyler honed in on it being a year. I was surprised, too. I'll never forget the time he conducted Further with the glow sticks at Galeston Castle. Good memories. :heart:

#248 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:19 PM

I just wanted fellow boardies to know that last weekend, when Bud and I went up to a "Lantern Festival" in Vermont, Charlotte (Matt's wife) pulled in right next to us in the school parking lot.

Ellie, their little girl, was with Charlotte to be a part of the Lantern Parade.

Both girls looked SO GOOD and are doing well.  Ellie has not seen Bud and I in quite a while, but remembered us both with big hugs and chatty conversation.

Matt is looking after them....

#249 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,390 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:32 PM

:)

#250 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,233 posts