Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:18 PM

:heart:

#155 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,415 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:43 AM

:heart: peace to his family and friends.

his posts indicated he was an ardent bobby supporter which is rare in these parts. he'll be missed for sure.

#156 nique

nique
  • VibeTribe
  • 218 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:16 AM

#157 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

:heart: peace to his family and friends.

his posts indicated he was an ardent bobby supporter which is rare in these parts. he'll be missed for sure.

That he was. He loved that man. :funny1:

#158 shadeelady

shadeelady
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

:heart: :heart:

#159 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

This choked me up...Leaving my girls is pretty much my worst nightmare :sad:

Thanks for the good news:funny1:. That was quite the scene I tell ya.

Between the strength, strong will, interest in dangerous action sports (specifically snowboarding), and close Friends who can help her get into it, I think this kid is destined for greatness. Of course, every parent thinks the world of their kid(s).

Really funny shit when we're watching The Outside Channel and some dudes base jump off a mountain; she looks at me and says, "I must do that!" I'm just thinking, you've gotta be kidding me:huh:.:funny1: She's got the fire just like the chick she takes her middle name from. Fire I tell ya!

Baio, Delia said, just give me a gun
He shot my Billy dead and now I'm gonna see him hung
She waded to DeLyon's club through Billy DeLyon's blood
Stepped up to Stagger Lee at the bar, said buy me a gin fizz love

As Stagger Lee lit a cigarette, she shot him in the balls
Blew the smoke off her revolver, had him dragged to City Hall
Baio, Baio, see you hang him high
He shot my Billy dead and now he's got to die:jamguy:

Hey Phishfolk,

Nice to meet you Bro!

Where are you from again? (joking Dude)

Peace!

-Matt

I was glad to meet you too Bro!

#160 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,714 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

Yes, yes he did!!

#161 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,665 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:11 PM

I was glad to meet you too Bro!

Ugh. This just made me WAY too emotional for the office...

#162 Cheezdude

Cheezdude
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:22 PM

Very sad news indeed. Condolences to family and friends. R.I.P.

#163 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,665 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

So dear friends, I took this for my phone contacts at Strange Creek. It makes me smile but also makes me melancholy.

You'll be missed Matt. Hell, you're being missed right now. :heart:

Posted Image

#164 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:59 PM

This one did it for me.... I got tears, and I never even met the dude. His love for his daughter just gets me...

I actually had a pretty swell time considering what usually happens. In addition, the journey was fun and one that helps ya keep on growing:wink:. (nah, mind out of gutter, this family stuff.....relax!)

Met some interesting folks (mostly dirt bags that I wouldn't tell my real name to...again), good show (12.12.90 McNichols Arena, Denver, CO.)

Touch of Grey
Greatest Story Ever Told
Candyman
Walkin' Blues
Loose Lucy
Mexicali Blues
Maggie's Farm
Queen Jane Approximately
Deal

China Cat Sunflower
I Know You Rider
Looks Like Rain
Iko Iko
Dark Star
Terrapin Station
drums
All Along the Watchtower
Stella Blue
Throwin' Stones
Not Fade Away

The Weight

Also, met some good people whose names I didn't catch and mine I didn't offer up. Shame, those were the gooders!

The best part was getting back to that dump and arriving home and seeing my Daughter. I bet most people think their kids are smart and special, I'm no different.

Sappy shit here, but true. I've never experienced anyone other than my Daughter as being so genuinely excited to see me after being away for about 24 hrs. There's a difference and now I know. It's cool to be a real life super hero to someone. Makes me feel as if the hassles have been worth it. This is just starting to get very cool.

sorryforthelongdrunkennanneringsnowbutIswearitaintmebabeahhhnoooitaintmebabe:heart:

#165 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,464 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:01 PM

:heart::heart::heart:

#166 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:59 PM

bummer. condolences to all friends and family.

#167 Terry Bo Berry

Terry Bo Berry
  • VibeTribe
  • 941 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:15 AM

Most sincere condolences to Matt's family- peace to you. :heart:

#168 TigerRose

TigerRose
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:06 AM

Damn!!

Short story over many years...

I was friends with Matts half-brother, Rich, back in junior high and high school. I remember little Matt running around while Rich and us were hanging out and doing "stuff". We'd chase him out or call his mom to come get him and he was all of about 5 or 6 at the time.

Cut to a couple of years ago on these boards. "mylightning2" posts about Greenwich, things only a resident might know so I send him a message. One thing leads to another and I discover that he's my friends half-brother, little Matt. I tried to hook up with him while I was back east last year but it never worked out. I was truly looking forward to it someday.

Much vibes to Matts entire family.

I recently saw a female bluegrass/americana/folk trio "Red Molly" out here in Northern Cal.. They finished out their set with an acapella version of a song by Susan Werner that left me in awe of their talent and deep introspection from the words.

A timely reminder to appreciate your life NOW.

"May I Suggest" by Susan Werner

May I suggest
May I suggest to you
May I suggest this is the best part of your life
May I suggest
This time is blessed for you
This time is blessed and shining almost blinding bright
Just turn your head
And you'll begin to see
The thousand reasons that were just beyond your sight
The reasons why
Why I suggest to you
Why I suggest this is the best part of your life

There is a world
That's been addressed to you
Addressed to you, intended only for your eyes
A secret world
Like a treasure chest to you
Of private scenes and brilliant dreams that mesmerise
A lover's trusting smile
A tiny baby's hands
The million stars that fill the turning sky at night
Oh I suggest
Oh I suggest to you
Oh I suggest this is the best part of your life

There is a hope
That's been expressed in you
The hope of seven generations, maybe more
And this is the faith
That they invest in you
It's that you'll do one better than was done before
Inside you know
Inside you understand
Inside you know what's yours to finally set right
And I suggest
And I suggest to you
And I suggest this is the best part of your life

This is a song
Comes from the west to you
Comes from the west, comes from the slowly setting sun
With a request
With a request of you
To see how very short the endless days will run
And when they're gone
And when the dark descends
Oh we'd give anything for one more hour of light

And I suggest this is the best part of your life

#169 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:11 AM

:heart: Thanks Gordy. Good stuff. Sorry you didn't get to meet Matt in person...

#170 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,118 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:19 AM

oh man tiger

no words, other than perfect :heart:

perfect for our fallen brother :heart:

perfect for all of us who continue on without him and sometimes struggle to appreciate all we've got. :heart:

wow

#171 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:39 AM

Just read through a bunch of old emails and IM's from Matt...

What a sweet and sincere person. Love you man :heart:

He sure had a way with words unlike anybody else... I miss our correspondence and his posts to these boards. I'm happy that I still have all of our emails and messages as well. I haven't gone back to read them yet, but I will. :)

I just woke up from a dream where Matt and his family had rented a cottage for the weekend with Tyler, myself and some other folks. We were laughing the entire time, hiking in the woods, sharing stories... It was the usual hijinx and hilarity that came from time shared. Woke-up feeling happy for having had a visit with him rather than feeling sorrow that he is gone. I am also happy that he visited us with Charlotte and Lil' E, too - that they were all together. :)

Dreams are funny things, even if on a physical level it is just a function of memories and synapses firing, having the opportunity to visit with loved ones like that is always a blessing.

Love you, Skipper. :heart:

#172 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:36 PM

I'm still looking for his obituary but haven't come across anything yet. All I've heard from Charlotte is there will be a memorial tomorrow in CT and one next Thursday in VT. Other than that I have no further details.

While looking at the Stowe paper for an obit I came across this and wondered if this was the giant "penis" sculpture in Stowe he was talking about?? :funny1:

http://www.stowetoda...1cc4c002e0.html

#173 phishNtrips

phishNtrips
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

I never had the chance to meet Matt, but I enjoyed his posts. My deepest condolences to his family and all who's lives he touched.

#174 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,118 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:03 PM

I'm still looking for his obituary but haven't come across anything yet. All I've heard from Charlotte is there will be a memorial tomorrow in CT and one next Thursday in VT. Other than that I have no further details.

While looking at the Stowe paper for an obit I came across this and wondered if this was the giant "penis" sculpture in Stowe he was talking about?? :funny1:

http://www.stowetoda...1cc4c002e0.html

I've been checking the Stowe reporter and Burlington Free Press as well for an obit.

I'm wondering who would submit one locally in VT other than Charlotte? To my knowledge he didn't have relatives in the area.

Perhaps CT or ME papers would be a more likely source.

#175 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

Dreams are funny things, even if on a physical level it is just a function of memories and synapses firing, having the opportunity to visit with loved ones like that is always a blessing.

Love you, Skipper. :heart:

This.

I also had a dream about him on Saturday night....it too felt like a nice visit. :heart:

#176 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:15 PM

I've been checking the Stowe reporter and Burlington Free Press as well for an obit.

I'm wondering who would submit one locally in VT other than Charlotte? To my knowledge he didn't have relatives in the area.

Perhaps CT or ME papers would be a more likely source.

Nothing in the Greenwich Time
http://www.greenwichtime.com/

#177 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,858 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:56 PM

Give it a week or so. His family may be sitting shiva. He was likely buried Monday or Tuesday, maybe Wednesday, if the body had to be transported. I imagine there's a conversation about what happened to daddy, followed by a few rounds of how and why that's repeatedly happening, plus dealing with in-laws and her own feelings re: everything going on, in addition to the usual funeral stuff. An obit may be on the back burner, right now.

#178 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:13 PM

Wise words, Sarah. :heart:

I'll tell you one thing- I'm gonna dance my ass off and celebrate his life at Superball this weekend. :dance:

#179 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,714 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

Wise words indeed. :heart: Sometimes an obituary is not put in the newspaper at all, as was the case with my sister-in-law's passing two weeks ago.

I'm glad I held on to the note of thanks and appreciation he sent me after I burnt a set of discs for him for the last time. Never knew it would be the last time we would connect, other than a response or two in some threads on here.

Definitely going to dance it down hard for Matt at SuperBall with you Sarah!!

#180 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:52 AM

See you there Rich. Sorry about your sister in law. :heart:

#181 mug

mug
  • VibeTribe
  • 938 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:12 AM

I'm saddened to hear the news. My thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends.

#182 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

Charlotte has reserved the Hope Davey Park in Waterbury Ctr, VT for Matt's Memorial on Thursday, July 7 from 2 - 8 PM.

Still unsure of the details - but the space is reserved - more info to come....

#183 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:21 PM

Thank you for posting that, Kitty. I'll be sure to pass along the news to our mutual friends. :heart:

#184 SHStrangers

SHStrangers
  • VibeTribe
  • 858 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:32 PM

Very sad news indeed :-(
RIP Matt :grin:

#185 melissa.phish

melissa.phish
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:57 PM

So sad. I had really hoped to meet him someday. :heart:

#186 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,638 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

:heart::heart: my love, thoughts, and prayers to all friends and family:heart::heart: R.I.P

#187 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,816 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

Damn.

Just saw this thread, having been away for a few days.

Had a great time chatting with Matt in Greenfield, and was looking forward to more in the future.

Too soon. :heart:

#188 cjtpaint

cjtpaint
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:18 PM

I just saw this and am deeply sadden by the news. My thoughts will be with his wife, Daughter and family.
We had a lot of IM discussions about having daughters; he was a devoted father.
I found his irascible streak that turned up in some threads priceless. He is missed.

#189 B. Real

B. Real
  • VibeTribe
  • 988 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

Our first conversation was about Bobby. I always had a love/hate thing with Bobby. We talked about that, and got into some specifics on both side..way down into the GD complexities. It was great. Matt was a smart guy. He knew his music for sure.

#190 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:07 PM

I didn't know Matt, but I do remember enjoying some of his posts here. My condolences go out to all his friends and Family. :heart::heart::heart:

#191 kurtman

kurtman

• VibeTribe
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:58 AM

Hey guys I was looking for info on Matt's death and I found this site. I am Kurt and Matt was my best friend in the whole world. I first met Matt in the Eighth grade. We were friends throughout high school but we both got sent away to boarding school. When I got back to town a mutual friend took me to see Matt. He had just been in a drunk driving accident and had a broken neck. We started hanging out every day and we realized that we both thought in the same twisted way. We soon hit the msg shows together. It was 1993. When I moved to Colorado in 1994 Matt moved into my girlfriends dorm room with me. The two of us hit a bunch of Phish and Jerry shows on the west coast. We went to calexpo,Eugene and Seattle in the summer of 94. We had a blast together and were always together until I moved to California in 98. Matt and I had a big falling out in 2000 when I tried to get sober and he could not handle that. Lucky for me we found each other last year after losing touch for 10 years. He was such a good friend that we just laughed about how much time had gone by and that it seemed like we had never stopped talking. We talked a lot last year trying to catch up. I last talked to him in March and I had been thinking about him a lot recently. I wish I could have the chance to tell him how much I love him and what our friendship meant to me. It is a lonely world without him. I have nobody left to ru with anymore.
I wish all his friends and family the best.
love Kurt

#192 Misha

Misha

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:55 PM

It sounds like you and Matt had some amazing times Kurt. I'm sure he knew how much you loved him and how important his friendship was to you. Sending lots of love to you:heart:

#193 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,542 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:55 PM

thanks for sharing that kurtman. sending good vibes your way :heart:

#194 Its me Barbie

Its me Barbie
  • VibeTribe
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

So sad:heart:

#195 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,858 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:30 AM

welcome, kurtman. thanks for sharing. :heart:

#196 mr_syrup

mr_syrup
  • VibeTribe
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:42 PM

Charlotte would like you to join her to celebrate and remember the life of Matthew Feinstein (mylightning2) on Thursday July 7th from 3-8 PM at the Hope Davey Memorial Park Shelter in Waterbury Center, VT. Matt

#197 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,137 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:31 AM

To Charlotte, Lil E, and Matt's friends in Vermont and all over this great land.....

In life I didnt really know how great a man Matt was. That's unfortunate as I have since learnd from many of you what paints a mental portrait of Matt as an amazing guy.

May God's love be with you.

#198 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,118 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:58 AM

[quote name='mr_syrup']Charlotte would like you to join her to celebrate and remember the life of Matthew Feinstein (mylightning2) on Thursday July 7th from 3-8 PM at the Hope Davey Memorial Park Shelter in Waterbury Center, VT. Matt

#199 Terry Bo Berry

Terry Bo Berry
  • VibeTribe
  • 941 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:19 AM

[quote name='mr_syrup']Charlotte would like you to join her to celebrate and remember the life of Matthew Feinstein (mylightning2) on Thursday July 7th from 3-8 PM at the Hope Davey Memorial Park Shelter in Waterbury Center, VT. Matt

#200 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,432 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

Hey guys I was looking for info on Matt's death and I found this site. I am Kurt and Matt was my best friend in the whole world. I first met Matt in the Eighth grade. We were friends throughout high school but we both got sent away to boarding school. When I got back to town a mutual friend took me to see Matt. He had just been in a drunk driving accident and had a broken neck. We started hanging out every day and we realized that we both thought in the same twisted way. We soon hit the msg shows together. It was 1993. When I moved to Colorado in 1994 Matt moved into my girlfriends dorm room with me. The two of us hit a bunch of Phish and Jerry shows on the west coast. We went to calexpo,Eugene and Seattle in the summer of 94. We had a blast together and were always together until I moved to California in 98. Matt and I had a big falling out in 2000 when I tried to get sober and he could not handle that. Lucky for me we found each other last year after losing touch for 10 years. He was such a good friend that we just laughed about how much time had gone by and that it seemed like we had never stopped talking. We talked a lot last year trying to catch up. I last talked to him in March and I had been thinking about him a lot recently. I wish I could have the chance to tell him how much I love him and what our friendship meant to me. It is a lonely world without him. I have nobody left to ru with anymore.
I wish all his friends and family the best.
love Kurt

Thanks for sharing Kurtman and feel free to stick around here for a while :smile: