RIP mylightning2

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#51 LostsailorVT

LostsailorVT
  • VibeTribe
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:40 PM

Such a long, long time to be gone and a short time to be there.... You left us way too soon.... I'll miss you Buddy.:cry1:

#52 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:45 PM

OMG. I always liked what he wrote, Made me laugh with lines like "That's no f*cking abeetz."
I was looking forward to meeting him. What a shame.
I remember a post from when he went to see DSO at Hampton Beach. He talked about how he hated being away from his wife and child....

RIP.... so sad...

#53 katydid

katydid
  • VibeTribe
  • 589 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:46 PM

Just awful news :heart::heart::heart:

#54 foo

foo
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:51 PM

WOW This is so so sad. :heart::heart:
I always liked his honesty. He made me laugh and I will be miss him.

Peace and love to his family and friends. :heart:

#55 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,148 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

So sorry to hear. My condolences to his family & friends.

R.I.P. :heart:

#56 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,877 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:58 PM

He seeme'd like a really cool guy.

Came all the way down to see the Dead in worcester a couple years or so ago and we partied with him behind beer heaven at my truck. The bar was packed and the beers $$$ and you really couldnt talk so we emptied the cooler i had with me. :smile:

He and i had the same plan......to get good and ripped preshow so we could shut off and just enjoy the show and be sober to drive after.

Even though we had flop space and a post party plan he just wanted to get right back home to be with his family the next day. I dont remember what he was doing but he was adamant he would be home and ready when they woke up.

We had a great time behind the bar sharing stories and toasting life. :cry1:
Talking about life and love and adventure and well everything.

In a couple hours we made friends and accomplished our goal.....Hugged and went off to the show.

RIP Bro :pimp:

#57 katydid

katydid
  • VibeTribe
  • 589 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

Little story about Matt

Just last month he joined the love that is all of us here, down at Strangecreek. I invited him to be there with our family.

It took a fair amount of convincing on my part to get Matt to go. Matt knew he was a bit of a mess (his words :lol:) and he was nervous that he wouldn't be welcomed by all.

I assured him, that he would be welcomed and loved. That his heart was so big that it would only make the party better having him around.

I wanted Matt there not just for him to have a good time. I wanted him there mainly for everyone else to meet him. He was such a good person with such a huge heart that I wanted everyone I know and love to meet him because I knew when they did, they were going to love him too once they saw how big his heart was.

He had a blast. And I'm pretty sure everyone got to see the beautiful soul I saw in him and is grateful to have had those moments.

I didn't love Matt from the start. Actually couldn't stand the fucker when he first came on the boards. :lol: He's a pretty in your face personality. :lol: I was like who the hell is this guy coming in, calling people Rubes and what not. But ever so slowly he put bits of that brashness aside and let me in. Let me see a bit more of what he truly was about. And once I saw a little, I only wanted to see more.

and I'm so sad that the few short times I had with him is all I got. Knew I had a trusting friend for life in Matt and I can't believe he's gone. :cry1:

FROM B. REAL:
I am truly saddened by this tragedy, and want to pass on our deepest sympathies to Matt's family and friends. I appreciate your bring Matt with you, as I had a chance to have a great face to face conversation with him for the first time. We talked about music, and I gave him some classic Bobby imitations which he appreciated. We then connected briefly at a real human level. We shared some thoughts about life's struggles, and we both connected, and parted with a hug. Keep The Faith :heart:
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/158fwCG27zE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#58 Dr. StrangeHat

Dr. StrangeHat
  • VibeTribe
  • 410 posts
  • LocationWestbrook, ME

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:14 PM

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

#59 Arglebargle

Arglebargle
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

RIP I am so sorry.

#60 B. Real

B. Real
  • VibeTribe
  • 988 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

I posted under Katy above, but wanted again to express our heartfelt condolences to everyone who loved Matt.

#61 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,818 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

WTF? I was so looking forward to meeting him summer :heart:

my thoughts go out to his family, his presence here will sorely missed :cry1:

#62 crujonez

crujonez
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,442 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

RIP:heart:

#63 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart::cry1:

#64 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:56 PM

so sorry to hear this. my condolences to his family and friends. :heart:

#65 Kashmir

Kashmir
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,444 posts
  • LocationA peaceful place, or so it looks from space

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:02 PM

Terribly sad news.
Much love and peace to Matt's family and loved ones <3

#66 Sugar_Mag

Sugar_Mag
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:02 PM

Son of a bitch.......that's just not fucking fair to go so young.....what a tragedy. My heart goes out to his family. I loved talking to him.....he's going to be so missed. Rest in Peace, buddy. :heart:

#67 lunaone

lunaone
  • VibeTribe
  • 565 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:04 PM

so sorry to hear

#68 listen2sloka

listen2sloka
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

Woow. I was not expectig to see this thread wen i got up. Never got a chance to meet him but from his posts he seemed like a real genuinely nice human being. My heart goes out to his family. Especially his little girl. Rip matt

#69 HappieKamper

HappieKamper
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,108 posts
  • LocationGun wavin' New Haven

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

:heart: My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

#70 Lostsailr

Lostsailr
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

As is often the case, I never met Matt in person, but I always felt he contributed to this community with honesty and humor. My deepest sympathy to his family.
He's now on a path for his steps alone. May we meet in the promised land one day.:heart:

#71 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

I will never forget when Matt was "conducting" Further during Stella Blue using glowsticks as his conductor's wands at the show at Galeston Castle in Herkimer... "Box o' beer, box o'beer!" :lol: I am so sad that we will never get to meet again on this plane of existence, and yet I am blessed that I have so many happy memories to draw upon... It makes me so happy to hear about other people's fond memories of this man. I love hearing people's stories of good times shared with such a sweet soul... Our love and memories will keep him alive! :heart:

To describe him as a soul with a big heart almost does it justice... His sweet nature will never ever be forgotten. He was a brother in the truest sense to all who allowed him into their lives.

I have changed my board name in honour and memory of Matt, our Skipper - it just feels right. Funny that we had joked about it just a few months ago... http://gatheringofth...909#post1092909

I will never forget you, Matt. :heart:

Posted Image

#72 Mr_Pat

Mr_Pat

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 7,013 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:45 PM

Today I lost a close friend. I had only known Matt for 5 years or so, we had met at he vibes because I bought 5,000 glowsticks and he thought that was great :D and we had talked about maybe buying a shipping container and "sneaking" them into a fest and giving them all away for free or donations :lol: since that weekend we has stayed in touch and spoke for hours at a time on the phone. and met up at certain places Matt had he had a good hart and soul. I have very few people who I would consider a good friend but Matt was one of a few, and you will live on in my soul for ever,

As Jerry once said ~ I love you more than words can tell, Listen to the river sing sweet songs.... to rock my soul
(~);}

I am so sad.

I was the one who talked him into makeing a Boardie account and to start posting on here, cuz I knew he would like you guys and you would like him, pluss he was a true dead head family

#73 cassady

cassady

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 18,218 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

Lazy Lightning.......

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

#74 Mutant

Mutant
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

RIP man.

:heart: Condolences to all who knew and loved him.

#75 rock n roll goddess

rock n roll goddess
  • VibeTribe
  • 353 posts
  • LocationHighland NY

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:13 PM

:heart: Damn RIP Young Brother :heart:

(((Love and positive to all of his friends and family)))

#76 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

If you guys have any pictures of Matt please forward them to me for a memorial. His wife will be very grateful. :heart:

sara.whitehair@yahoo.com

#77 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,261 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:44 PM

It's always sad when someone so young passes, especially when they have young children. Condolences to those who knew him. :heart:

#78 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,447 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:17 PM

wow, very sad. my condolences to his family and friends :heart: :heart:

#79 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:51 PM

So sad. :heart::heart::heart:

#80 williscat2000

williscat2000
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,427 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:51 PM

Unbelievable :heart:

#81 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,388 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:10 PM

no words.

:heart:

may his family and friends find peace and comfort when they're ready to accept it. this won't be easy.

RIP ml2.

#82 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:27 AM

damn :sad:

my deepest condolences to his family and our many mutual friends. :heart::heart::heart:

#83 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,478 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:30 AM

Nothing to say except how sorry I am for his family. He was a good man.
RIP Matt :heart:

#84 Some1lls

Some1lls
  • VibeTribe
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:44 AM

I am so sorry....my love and prayers to his family and all who knew him :heart:

#85 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,777 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:53 AM

RIP. :heart: Please let Charlotte and Lil' E know they're welcome here. He loves that little girl more than anything. Death doesn't take that away, just changes its day to day.

Those who can't make it to VT this week will surely celebrate him at Furthur and at Vibes this summer and wherever kind hearts gather, ever more.

We PMed a bunch about daddyhood. I was looking forward to finally meeting him in 3D at Vibes. His spirit is always with us. May C and Lil' E always feel it, too. :heart:

#86 stylzing

stylzing
  • VibeTribe
  • 713 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:12 AM

very sad i Never had the chance to meet you..:heart: much love to all that knew you well and your family

Here's to lightning
Well you always electrify me
Someday I know you'll satisfy me
And all that lightning will be
My lightning too

#87 PieDoh

PieDoh
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,344 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:42 AM

so sad to hear this...I really wanted to get to meet him...My condolences to his family and friends.

#88 Misha

Misha

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:57 AM

I just can't get him out of my head. I mean, 2 days ago he was posting and seemed fine. It just doesn't make any sense and I'm just so sad for his family and close friends.

#89 freerange

freerange
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:02 AM

#90 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:15 AM

This is horrible. I'm so sorry to all those that were close to him. Man

#91 namaste

namaste
  • VibeTribe
  • 495 posts
  • Locationpine plains, ny

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:41 AM

so sad and yet one more reminder to live each day to the fullest.
:cry1:((((((Matt's family and friends))))))))))):cry1:

#92 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 30,766 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:45 AM

I'm so sorry I never got to meet him. We both saw Vegas the same way...albeit through different realities if that makes sense. Same as Ryan, I was taken aback by him at first. Lola and I spoke of him at Caplansky's in Toronto, and she explained so much about him...Lola loves him so and I feel for her right now. :cry1: I kind of hoped that I'd have a chance to meet up with him for a bourbon at the Voodoo Lounge...

I hope he's up there with Hunter and Oscar in the big Ceaser's in the sky...

#93 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:20 AM

I'm still trying to wrap my damn head around this, and I just can't

(((((Rose, Nucka, Julia, Scotty and Matt)))) :heart:

#94 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,551 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:20 AM

I found some PM correspondence I had with him a little over a year ago. He was looking for some advice or direction. I have no idea if I helped him or not, but I would have liked to have met him in person.

#95 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:22 AM

:sad: terrible news.

#96 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,777 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:23 AM

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0DcWIwsybiM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#97 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,777 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:25 AM

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oZHkFbqbccA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#98 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,777 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:26 AM

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2ICyZN8UiXI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#99 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,035 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:35 AM

thank you Sarah :heart:

#100 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:40 AM