Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:59 AM
Trying to stay away from looking it up on the intenet, b/c the ones I have all seen thus far that resemble what she has do not have a good prognosis.
I hope I have better news tomorrow after we visit with the vet.
Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:04 AM
Please let tomorrow's news be good.
Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:20 AM
Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:29 PM
Pogo is in good health - she has lots of energy and eats/drinks well, is playful, etc... So I am hoping that is a good sign that this is something that can just be removed and she can go on being happy and healthy. Our appointment is at 12:20 today, so I am trying to keep a positive outlook for that. I think the fact that she is chewing at the bump is the sign that it needs to go. We gave her some pain medication from a pervious surgery and cleaned/dressed the bump last night and she slept well. Now she is up here on the sofa chilling with me. I really hope to return with some good news later on today.
Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:45 PM
Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:06 AM
Everything will be ok, no worries
Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:34 PM
I will report back once she is out of the surgery on Monday, it's really hard not to imagine having her loving energy in my life on a daily basis, I am so happy that she is still going to be strong and healthy!
Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:27 AM
Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:17 PM
Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:36 PM
((((Pogo Puppy Vibes))))
Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:04 PM
So, that's a bit of a concern, but not much... I will report back tonight once we have her home safe and sound again.
Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:57 PM
Tyler and I were joking about how Pogo wanted to be like me and get surgery too, so she nibbled on that weird lump and t-dah! A week out to the exact day from when I had my surgery! Life is so funny...
We go pick her up in the next hour - fingers crossed that the problem is fixed and she can come home with us tonight. Can't wait to have some puppy love back in the house!
Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:32 AM
They had to give her a general anesthesia and go back in and make sure everything was okay and that the bleeding had stopped. The vet was cool about it, they didn't charge me any more money, and I know general anesthesias are a big expense - she only had a sedative and local anesthesia for the first surgery that took place this morning.
The lump is going to be biopsied b/c with the weird bleeding, we need to make sure it isn't anything harmful. If the biopsy comes back as questionable, at least they can go in and remove more tissue to ensure that she remain healthy.
She is awake, a little groggy, happy to be home and eating and drinking fine. We picked up some thick fresh hamburger patties and cooked them up for her dinner. She has to wear a "cone of shame" when we can not supervise her, and she doesn't like it, but will have to wear it tonight when we go to bed.
She has 8 staples at the surgery site, so she is a bit of a Frankenpuppy right now.
I am happy she is back home, the staples will be removed in 10 - 14 days, the biopsy results will be in in 3 -5 days, and hopefully I will have more good news to report when we get the results.
Thanks to everyone for the pawsitive vibes!
Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:52 PM
Phew. Not entirely bad news, I guess. Here's to a long and healthy life for our Pogo Puppy!
Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:32 PM
Thanks y'all. Good news indeed!
Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:26 AM
Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:00 PM
She's really a smart pup and attentive to what we say - I was amazed that we could have her heal up without the cone of shame.