Photo
- - - - -

Who needs compromise and bipartisanship anyway?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,774 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

Tea Party Groups Urge Tennessee Sen.Alexander To Retire

CATHERINE THOMPSON  8:18 AM EDT, THURSDAY AUGUST 15, 2013

tennessee-senator-lamar-alexander-ap-cro

Twenty Tennessee-based tea party and conservative groups published an open letter Wednesday to Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN) urging him to retire, the Wall Street Journalreported.

"During your tenure in the Senate we have no doubt that you voted in a way which you felt was appropriate. Unfortunately, our great nation can no longer afford compromise and bipartisanship, two traits for which you have become famous," the letter read, according to the Journal.

"America faces serious challenges and needs policymakers who will defend conservative values, not work with those who are actively undermining those values," the letter continued. "Quite honestly, your voting record shows that you do not represent the conservative values that we hold dear and the votes you have cast as Senator are intolerable to us."

The letter encouraged Alexander to retire rather than take on a primary challenger, according to the Journal, although no Republican has yet come forward to challenge Alexander's seat in 2014.

#2 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

Tea Party and GOP will split soon I am guessing.  It is Tea Party's fault they lost so much last cycle, and they have enough influence to screw GOP in primaries but not enough to win General Elections.  Should scrap two party system anyway.

#3 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

The problem with partisanship, is that it is basically just gimmes for each congress perosn. It usually wholey molests the constituency of one side or the other. The reality is, this country is about to face a massive civil upheaval. Perhaps not violent. But allt he same, the lines are being drawn and sides are being chosen. The game of "we'll work together as good cop, bad cop to get our way over the people" isnt gonna fly anymore.

Frankly, I'm looking forward to watching this shithouse burn down..

#4 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

Frankly, I'm looking forward to watching this shithouse burn down..

I'll bring the beer

#5 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,639 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

In before the move.

#6 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

In before the move.

Yeah, thanks. Could you move over a little? you're big in here..... :funny1:

#7 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,639 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

Just because you look emaciated...:rotf:

#8 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,039 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

Just because you look emaciated... :rotf:

Madonna'd

#9 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,639 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

sd-2.jpg

:lmao:

#10 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

Seems to me IMHO, that compromise and bipartisanship don't have much to do with Politics or Religion these days.

#11 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,639 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

I know...just having a little fun at TASB's expense.

#12 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

yup and I was just sayin, just sayin.

#13 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

TASB, I agree I think our society might be headed for a major social upheaval, I simply hope it's not a violent one... and I also hope it waits until I'm in a position to be with the right people and set up correctly to weather the storm so to speak...I'm still a few years away from that so either I hope it waits a while or I hope I'm wrong :lol: