• LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:19 AM

http://touch.latimes...e/p2p-76995071/

#2 Uncle Coulro

Uncle Coulro
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:18 AM

I didn't try to look it up in the Constitution of the State of Tennessee, but in most states, family court judges (and magistrates under their appointment) have a lot of discretion as to what constitutes protection of a child. The parents' biggest mistake was taking their penny-ante pissing contest to court. 

#3 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,809 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

seems like b.s overreach to me - overreach based on personal views not protection of the child. Protection from what?

#4 Dr. StrangeHat

Dr. StrangeHat
  • VibeTribe
  • 422 posts
  • LocationWestbrook, ME

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

This wouldn’t have been considered over-reach if the judge had just stopped here:

Ballew said the name Messiah could cause problems if the child grows up in Cocke County, which has a large Christian population.

But she over-stepped her bounds and the separation of church and state by taking it a step further with the following,:

"The word Messiah is a title and it's a title that has only been earned by one person and that one person is Jesus Christ," the judge said.

$10 says the ACLU steps in to make an example of this situation.

#5 Jam Fan

Jam Fan
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

what makes Cristian mythology different than Greek mythology?  Next will judges say I offended Zenu worshipers with the amount Theatons i carry?