6 replies to this topic

#1 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,594 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

I feel much better now

Obama pledges greater transparency in surveillance programs

President Barack Obama announced plans on Friday to limit sweeping U.S. government surveillance programs that have come under criticism since leaks by a former spy agency contractor, saying the United States "can and must be more transparent."

"Given the history of abuse by governments, it's right to ask questions about surveillance, particularly as technology is reshaping every aspect of our lives," Obama told a news conference at the White House.

Saying that it was important to strike the right balance between security and civil rights, Obama said he was unveiling specific steps to improve oversight of surveillance and restore public trust in the government's programs.

"It's not enough for me as president to have confidence in these programs. The American people need to have confidence in them, as well," Obama said.

The announcement - made just before Obama heads for summer vacation on Martha's Vineyard - may be greeted as at least a partial victory for supporters of ex-NSA contractor Edward Snowden who is now in Russia, where he was granted asylum last week.

More bullshit here

http://www.reuters.c...E9780UY20130809

#2 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,288 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

... only after he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

#3 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:06 PM

1-31-13-1.png

#4 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

1-31-13-7.png

very interesting sport stats there, no?

#5 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,288 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:15 PM

I like sports stats, not sure these fall into the same category, as I find sport stats fun, and politic statistics mind numbing.  :lol:

Otherwise, I think the first one is more interesting.

The second one reflects who is in charge, and the other side getting mad?  Both sides should be mad at everyone in charge.

#6 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,594 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

Judging by your baseball team you seem to find sport stats pretty mind numbing too  :funny1:

#7 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,288 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

Judging by your baseball team you seem to find sport stats pretty mind numbing too  :funny1:

Hey, I wasn't there this year for the draft this year and was stuck with drek.  I did finish second last year.  All the other years, well I have no comment.  :lol: