Peach?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 572 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

Anyone going to the Peach Festival in Scranton?

#2 The Lightman

The Lightman
  • VibeTribe
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Orlando

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

Absolutely.

There will most likely be two djinn!

#3 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 572 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

Like the name, I'm rebuilding my camp's light set-up, post flooding in 2011...

#4 The Lightman

The Lightman
  • VibeTribe
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:43 AM

Anyone going to the Peach Festival in Scranton?

What did you think of Peach?

Vibes VIP blows it away. Musically, Peach was incredible.

Stayed at the artist hotel, by chance. Took a pic with Warren and ate breakfast with Butch at the next table.

Weir did three shows (Two Ratdog and one acoustic) and played schoolgirl with ABB and Tom Thumb Blues with The Black Crowes. Chris Robinson introduced Bobby as the mayor of Peach Fest.

ABB with Krasno, Chimenti, KImock, Jay Lane, Bill Evans and Ron Holloway.

I got lots of video to upload.

#5 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 572 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:15 AM

Didn't go VIP to Peach, so can't compare it to Vibes VIP, which I love!  Overall though, I loved the Peach too.  The whole non-car camping thing worried me, but the shuttle was pretty awesome and a good way to meet people.  I saw things that amazed me at Peach, things that restored my faith in the scene and in people in general.  I saw so much of people helping each other overcome the terrain, get gear moved and set up, it felt so amazing.  The music I saw was incredible, though I am told that by missing ABB on Friday (took me a little trip to the medical tent after turning my ankle on some terrain trying to rush back to camp to grab a sweatshirt after Ratdog) I missed a hell of a show.   I also laid low a good part of the day Saturday (I messed my ankle up pretty good) but was back in the swing by the time Dog took the stage on Saturday.  Brunch w/ Bobby was cool, but worried me a little (he had a LOT of memory lapses with lyrics and such) Peach has definitely joined Vibes as my second MUST ATTEND festival, and the fact that it's right in my own backyard makes it even more righteous.

#6 The Lightman

The Lightman
  • VibeTribe
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

Didn't go VIP to Peach, so can't compare it to Vibes VIP, which I love!  Overall though, I loved the Peach too.  The whole non-car camping thing worried me, but the shuttle was pretty awesome and a good way to meet people.  I saw things that amazed me at Peach, things that restored my faith in the scene and in people in general.  I saw so much of people helping each other overcome the terrain, get gear moved and set up, it felt so amazing.  The music I saw was incredible, though I am told that by missing ABB on Friday (took me a little trip to the medical tent after turning my ankle on some terrain trying to rush back to camp to grab a sweatshirt after Ratdog) I missed a hell of a show.   I also laid low a good part of the day Saturday (I messed my ankle up pretty good) but was back in the swing by the time Dog took the stage on Saturday.  Brunch w/ Bobby was cool, but worried me a little (he had a LOT of memory lapses with lyrics and such) Peach has definitely joined Vibes as my second MUST ATTEND festival, and the fact that it's right in my own backyard makes it even more righteous.

Peach is Wanee north. Take away the terrain, multiply the family vibe and double the venue experience. I had a blast at Vibes, however Wanee is the must attend.

My Peach video playlist:

#7 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 572 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Wanee always looks cool to me, just way too far away for me to travel to from NY.  Who knows though, have reconnected with some friends living in FL, so perhaps next year.