no longer comfortably numb

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 blackthunb

blackthunb
  • VibeTribe
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:35 AM

My youngest daughter graduated on Monday. My husband is in Afghanistan. He missed it. We lost our home last November and he could only find work overseas as a contractor. Sometimes the loneliness is overwhelming. But I see other people who are going through so much worse than I. I feel selfish for my pity party. I am going to vibes to reconnect with the joy of being alive.

#2 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:14 AM

aw, that's sad that he had to miss her big day. it must be hard for you to feel both joy and sadness at something that is supposed to be a happy occasion. :heart:
and just because others seem to have it worse, knowing that doesn't mean your pain is any easier to bear. any idea when he will be able to come home?

#3 blackthunb

blackthunb
  • VibeTribe
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:31 AM

Thanks for the note cj. We are hoping he comes home in December, but job market here doesn't look so great. He loves what he does, and there are not alot of jobs here. He is a technical trainer, helping Afghanis learn how to run the monstrous power plants.

#4 blackthunb

blackthunb
  • VibeTribe
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:32 AM

Is that a picture of your son? He is so cute!

#5 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:38 AM

yes, that is my son and thank you. that shot was taken a year ago july. i actually have that one framed and hanging on the wall, i love it so much.

did you make it to vibes and feel some joy? :)

#6 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,293 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:50 PM

So sorry to hear that!! My nephew returned from Afghanistan recently and is waiting on his next orders, which will probably be to return.

Sending you good vibes for your husband's return in December. Keep hope alive blackthunb!! :smile:

#7 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,194 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:38 PM

Love & Light

Our struggles are not to be judged against another's. :heart:

#8 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,077 posts