Photo
- - - - -

Anyone listening to Weiner's resignation???

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,026 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

WTF is going on? People are hooting and hollering?? :lol:

#2 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

is his wife there?

#3 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

wrong forum'd

#4 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,026 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

Hecklers making penis jokes. It's either O and A, or someone of their ilk behind it. :lol:

#5 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:36 PM

I heard his package is going to run for his seat.

#6 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,048 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

Weiner's pulling out?

#7 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,302 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

Weiner's pulling out?

:rimshot:

#8 wonka

wonka

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 6,646 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:54 PM

Weiner turns out to be pussy (yes, I think that if Bill Clinton can be prez after Monica, that he should have been OK for sexy texty time)

#9 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:58 PM

Weiner turns out to be pussy (yes, I think that if Bill Clinton can be prez after Monica, that he should have been OK for sexy texty time)

I seriously haven't followed this story too closely.

Though I sorta agree that given who get to stay in office, it seems wrong for this one to have to go, I have seen some headlines have past by that do make me wonder

Some were like the 17 year old girl one. Turns out that's just a headline.... nothing to the story but a juicy sounding headline.

But I've seen some stuff about him asking people to lie about went wrong, etc. that makes me wonder. Don't know if these were just more headlines or if there was more meat to the story :dunno:

#10 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:03 PM

I don't see how this guy could be expected to keep his office. He lied about what he did, tried to cover it up, and got caught.

If he was 100% honest from the minute he was caught, I can see an argument for him not having to resign. Once he conspired to deceive his constiuents, and was caught, he's not going to be an effective legislator.

#11 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,795 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:05 PM

How many times does this need to be repeated to politicians???

IT'S NOT THE CRIME, IT'S THE COVER UP!!

#12 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

I don't see how this guy could be expected to keep his office. He lied about what he did, tried to cover it up, and got caught.

If he was 100% honest from the minute he was caught, I can see an argument for him not having to resign. Once he conspired to deceive his constiuents, and was caught, he's not going to be an effective legislator.

I think if that's all there is to it, given that he did admit to it within a couple of weeks, and since no laws were broken, and not even any sex or unwilling participants (afaik) he could have, given his district. We have legislators in there that have lied about much more important things.

Though the fact that he's not a Republican complicates it, because GOP legislators get preferential treatment and Dem. legislators have a professional party propaganda machine working 24/7 against them.

I do think bottom line is, there's one or more things here we don't know. At least yet.

#13 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

the only reason he has to resign is because the media has been having a field day w/ this (3 weeks of daily, embarrassing headlines) & his party doesn't have the balls to stand by him.

as far as i know he hasn't broken any laws, but unfortunately this story just won't die which in effect makes him unable to do his job effectively

#14 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:16 PM

I seriously haven't followed this story too closely.

Though I sorta agree that given who get to stay in office, it seems wrong for this one to have to go, I have seen some headlines have past by that do make me wonder

Some were like the 17 year old girl one. Turns out that's just a headline.... nothing to the story but a juicy sounding headline.

But I've seen some stuff about him asking people to lie about went wrong, etc. that makes me wonder. Don't know if these were just more headlines or if there was more meat to the story :dunno:

I think we've seen all the meat we need to in this story. :D:

#15 wonka

wonka

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 6,646 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

the only reason he has to resign is because the media has been having a field day w/ this (3 weeks of daily, embarrassing headlines) & his party doesn't have the balls to stand by him.

as far as i know he hasn't broken any laws, but unfortunately this story just won't die which in effect makes him unable to do his job effectively

having balls to stand by weiner :funny1:

#16 wonka

wonka

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 6,646 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

#17 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

IT'S NOT THE CRIME, IT'S THE COVER UP!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

And this asshole was trying to put the blame on others while lying about it for over a week, not to mention trying to get others involved to lie about it.

#18 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

Clinton did NOT have sexual relations with that woman. As he defined sexual relations, they did not include getting blown.

Very simple.

#19 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:35 PM

Clinton did NOT have sexual relations with that woman. As he defined sexual relations, they did not include getting blown.

Very simple.

As the court defined sexual relations. He specifically asked for a definition, and it specifically did not include it.

When he said that to the American people.... other story.

#20 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:37 PM

Very simple.

linguistics master, he was. "it depends on what your definition of "is" is."

#21 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:43 PM

This whole debacle has fallen flaccid.

#22 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:47 PM

I'm willing to bet that this is going to be ah real hard-on the wife...... :gop:

#23 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:48 PM

Hecklers making penis jokes. It's either O and A, or someone of their ilk behind it. :lol:

well played, sir!!!

He was greeted by some cheers when he entered the room at a community center in his home district to make the announcement. One onlooker, however, heckled Weiner by shouting "pervert" and later yelled insulting questions as Weiner spoke. The heckler turned out to be a writer for shock jock Howard Stern who goes by the name Benjy Bronk, and he offered little explanation for why he taunted Weiner.

http://www.cnn.com/2...html?&hpt=hp_c1

#24 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,351 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:50 PM

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Exactly.