Any Epipen Advice?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 KindGeeGirl

KindGeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:46 AM

I learned how bad my bee allergy is so I have added an Epipen to my list of things I carry on me.  Has anyone brought one to a festival before?  Have you flown with it?  Is it considered something people can abuse?

I plan on taping the prescription to the needle and packing it for Vibes. I want to leave it in my backpack but I don't want to have to worry when I enter the concert area each time.  Then again I don't want to need it and not have it.

Man I'm old  lol  I never really cared before.

#2 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 29,932 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:53 AM

You can fly with it, request a manual inspection. Keep your script paperwork with you just in case there are questions. 

KindBeeGirl. :funny1: 

#3 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:06 AM

Lol, sure it can be abused....think about it.   But I'm not sure if anyone has figured out they can abuse it.

I got stung the other day for the first time in years and no reaction.....no epi pen around so.....a good thingy!

#4 Jim

Jim

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:11 AM

I don't think that'll be an issue... wouldn't it have a prescription label on it  with your name anyway? 

#5 KindGeeGirl

KindGeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

They don't come with the label on it because it comes in a two pack package with one dummy for learning how to use it.  I am happy I remembered that I should tape a label (refilled prescription so I could have a label) to it or else I would have been screwed.  I'm not worried about entering Vibes, I am worried about the concert area.

I was stung at Sterling Stage last year just as we were about to leave.  Security hooked me up with an Epipen.  I paid them back with one this year.  I may be old but I have an Epipen to save lives  :cheesy:  

#6 KindGeeGirl

KindGeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:26 AM

I guess you can abuse anything.  Stupid humans.

Wish I wasn't allergic.  But with my history I am lucky I have been able to leave NYC in the first place.  Let alone go camping.

Pisses me off that a little thing like a bee can take me out.  Fuckers  :lol:

Lol, sure it can be abused....think about it.   But I'm not sure if anyone has figured out they can abuse it.

I got stung the other day for the first time in years and no reaction.....no epi pen around so.....a good thingy!

#7 KindGeeGirl

KindGeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:27 AM

"manual inspection"  sounds hot  :naughty: 

You can fly with it, request a manual inspection. Keep your script paperwork with you just in case there are questions. 

KindBeeGirl. :funny1:

#8 Jim

Jim

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:28 AM

FYI you can always call Vibes Hotline: (203) 908-3030 if you have any issues... 

Have a great VIBEs

#9 KindGeeGirl

KindGeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:30 AM

Good idea, thanks  :)

FYI you can always call Vibes Hotline: (203) 908-3030 if you have any issues... 

Have a great VIBEs

#10 KindGeeGirl

KindGeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:33 AM

Better yet, I am gonna put the hotline number on the Epipen.  Can't hurt.

#11 territoryranger

territoryranger
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

Don't never remember seeing any bees at the vibes,except for the 10ft tall one, peakin at primus. :bee:  

#12 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

i have to carry one too. usually not an issue anywhere. however, it's a FANTASTIC idea to put the hotline # on it. it's also the best idea ever to let everyone know who you are camping with where it is - i keep mine in the cooler - it's too hot to be leaving it in car/tent... and still not freezing in cooler. 

no bee stings 2013!

#13 KindGeeGirl

KindGeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

NICE  :)

Don't never remember seeing any bees at the vibes,except for the 10ft tall one, peakin at primus. :bee:  

#14 KindGeeGirl

KindGeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

Yeah I figure if they give me a hard time I will point to the number and say to call them with any questions.  And for the record I don't blame them.   Security is a hard job and we all need it.

I keep one in my backpack, one upstairs and one downstairs at home.  Both kids know how to use it.  I have been carrying one since September and abuse it by leaving it out in hot weather.  It is still clear and good to use though.  But you are reminding me that I should take better care of them.  The are mad expensive and thankfully my insurance covers it.  I will put the new ones I got for just the label in the fridge for safer keeping.  THANKS  :)

)))Bees(((

i have to carry one too. usually not an issue anywhere. however, it's a FANTASTIC idea to put the hotline # on it. it's also the best idea ever to let everyone know who you are camping with where it is - i keep mine in the cooler - it's too hot to be leaving it in car/tent... and still not freezing in cooler. 

no bee stings 2013!

#15 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 8,466 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

:lmao:

#16 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

bees are beautiful, amazing creatures that we need..... but i hate them.

ha

they wanna kill my ass

#17 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,284 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

I take mine everywhere, Vibes, planes, concerts, no issues.

#18 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 29,932 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

I take mine everywhere, Vibes, planes, concerts, no issues.

Is that for your moron allergy? :lol:

#19 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,284 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

:lol  Saves on the knuckles.

#20 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,541 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

bees are beautiful, amazing creatures that we need..... but i hate them.

ha

they wanna kill my ass

Queen Bee :)

#21 Slarti

Slarti
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

my advise is to be careful and make sure your friends who are not allergic, get stung first and often :lol: :grin:

#22 Slarti

Slarti
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

in fact I hope everyone in this thread gets stung 25 times, before you get your next sting.  I'll even take a few myself. :lol:

#23 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,808 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

Dont worry i can always go all Travolta Pulp Fiction on yer azz.

pulp_fiction_stoltz.jpg

Now where did i put that little book?!