Photo
- - - - -

Who's got a great camping chair recommendation?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 greenbud

greenbud
  • VibeTribe
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

I don't normally sit at the vibes, but when i do..... 

#2 VSCT

VSCT
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

41SUtFM1T8L.jpg

or the portable hammocks are a good bet.

#3 greenbud

greenbud
  • VibeTribe
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

yow. unless that folds into a tiny stuff sack..... 

#4 VSCT

VSCT
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

it's inflatable, and the hammock packs up into a bag as well.

If you want just a regular camping chair, hit up home depot, walmart or one of those places. I rec. getting the oversized chairs though.. More room and more comfortable. You can even splurge and go for one that has a shade canopy over it.

#5 hippieskichick

hippieskichick
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationAlbany NY

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

greenbud, are you hoofing it in from miles away? I noticed on another post you said you were backpacking in... I'm just thinking you'd have a whole lot more fun if you brought more stuff.... No vehicle? 

#6 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,795 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

If you want just a regular camping chair, hit up home depot, walmart or one of those places. I rec. getting the oversized chairs though.. More room and more comfortable. You can even splurge and go for one that has a shade canopy over it.

A bit oversized with a higher back so you can lean back in comfort.

#7 greenbud

greenbud
  • VibeTribe
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

I'm not actually "hoofing" it b/c I live in Manhattan and I can take metro north up to Bridgeport and I'll just grab the shuttle to the site.  I did the same last year but had late arriving friends who i saved a car spot for.   So this year I'm going to be super light on supplies because no one's coming in with reinforcements.  Yes, I would LOVE to have a vehicle... maybe if some kind soul from manhattan or surrounds wants to a random stranger to help with the cost of gas/tolls and all the supplies etc. I'd become a much happier camper :bouncey:     If not, maybe I can launch out on foot into bridgeport and grab beer and/or food.    

getting to the chair question - I'm not saying I'm going to be "alone" for the four days b/c that's just crazy, but I want to treat myself to comfort considering my circumstances.  When I look online the chairs can be really expensive. I see a coleman that got #1 rated for about 35 bucks - but the fun ones look to be more like $75-100.  And anyway, how many reviewers online are using these chairs at festies? (ummmm, none)  

#8 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

while it's a little late inthe game, might i suggest you post about looking for a ride over in the looking for a ride section.

i am already stopping in Queens to pick someone up, or i would have been able to help you out.

http://www.gathering...-the-next-show/

i picked up a nice heavy duty chair from Modells this year, but can't find it on line.

#9 greenbud

greenbud
  • VibeTribe
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

thanks, feck... just did. 

#10 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

good luck

#11 VSCT

VSCT
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

when are you coming in. thursday, friday?

I have a friend coming from NJ, might be able to give yah a ride.

#12 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,626 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

i like the directors style chairs with the aluminum frames

i hate the "butt sling" chairs that wreck your back

mine is shaped like this

487541696_923.jpg

#13 greenbud

greenbud
  • VibeTribe
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

VCST - thanks so much! i'm going up on thursday and I'm perfectly content just taking the train and shuttle but it's awesome you and your friend made the (potential) offer!  And being that I'm meeting someone with a full-kitchen etc. I'm going to just use my old chair - i'll now be in comfort and no need to spend the money on an archie bunker chair! :)