Thursday or Friday Late night?? Which is better this year

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 MidnightJester

MidnightJester
  • VibeTribe
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

Simple question or not.. I know a few Serious kung fu people out there this year they add the kung fu all stars.  I know some serious Deep banana heads. Which will have the more wild pumped up night.. Friday gets the single day ticket boost to help out Deep Banana. Will know the answer for real next week but what do you guys think???

Last year Thur was a wild night by itself... Friday was better.. Sat set the place on fire but the fuse got lit early on Thursday I think. What do you think about last years late night set up????

#2 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

idk, i'm usually asleep by then

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,437 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

Stoked for Thursday night!   :dance:

#4 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

i think i had just got up and started cooking the bacon when the Sat/Sunday late night crew got back last year.

i will have it ready for them again this year.

#5 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,156 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

Time to make the bacon

Time to make the bacon

Time to make the bacon...

#6 DaMoGan

DaMoGan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

idk, i'm usually asleep by then

This.

Call me old, but even in college I was always (well... almost always) the guy going to bed unreasonably early.  I love me some fun, but I also love me some Zzzzs! :bed:

#7 VSCT

VSCT
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

Friday night.

DBB blows. Same old same ole.

Just my opinion.

As for Kung Fu they get better every time I see them plus I heard some spoilers about who the secret artists will be with the band, and well let's say it is awesomesauce.

#8 MidnightJester

MidnightJester
  • VibeTribe
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

VSCT I  am with you.. I wouldn't say DBB blows.. but they havnt blown my mind in the 10 timnes I have seen them.... I am thinking that The Thursday Late night act might beat the FRI late night act...

any info on who the secret dojo all stars are??????? details details

#9 VSCT

VSCT
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

This is from their facebook page:

Heres a leak WIKI didn't spring.. KUNG FU's DOJO ALLSTARS at Gathering Of The Vibes (include but not limited to) Nigel Hall, Jennifer Lynn Durkin, Robert Volo, Bobby Paltauf, Ryan Cavanaugh.. and more surprises in store!

#10 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,360 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

kung fu is the only latenight act that i am looking forward to...i mean, i will go to deep banana for a bit but they seem to lose my attention the past coupla years...:dunno:

sat is too *unsk* for me so i will find other ways to be sketchy :devil:

the dojo allstars list looks awesome so far! :dance:

#11 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

When I hear DBB has actually been rehearsing together, I'll get excited about them. 

#12 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,392 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

Friday night for th esimple reason that by saturday night, people will begin to wind down. Unless the weather is extremely favorable and fatigue reigns lightly upon the tribe.

#13 MidnightJester

MidnightJester
  • VibeTribe
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

Huh?? Ill take Friday as your answer. how you got that answer is some thought.. I love it though..  Even when the weather was 100 the nights were raging. Rain, shine, heat. we take it all

#14 tommacco

tommacco
  • VibeTribe
  • 601 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

thursday for sure.

#15 VSCT

VSCT
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

When I hear DBB has actually been rehearsing together, I'll get excited about them. 

Sooo true.

#16 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,388 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

people still like dbb? :dunno:

#17 MidnightJester

MidnightJester
  • VibeTribe
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

Looks like Thursday is starting to pull away as the better Late night act. Who knows DBB might go "Ape shit and Banana crazy" on us all and be a big surprise. But I fear no surprise and just the same o same o from them. Nothing to light me up and make me go bonkers...

#18 MidnightJester

MidnightJester
  • VibeTribe
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:35 AM

Thursday here we come....... Sooooo soon you can almost taste it and feel it... Actually been feeling it for a while now.