Official Occifer Vibes Weather Discussion

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#101 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

pack that Gold Bond for between-the-legs rashes....

#102 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,615 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

I will borrow yours balla.  :lol:

#103 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Hey y'all....    Weather for VIBES is still looking pretty good... strangehat covered some bases for the current forecast... it's amazing , you can look at 10 different weather sites that give you 10 different forecasts...  while i do check on them.. i don't have confidence in those until a couple of days before event..   i follow 5 different forecast models and shifts in jet stream mostly.. the forecast models cover where high and low pressure will be, as well as relative humidity.. blah, blah...  

that being said..  Thursday..  i see a slight chance of shower in the morning...then a decent amount of sun.. low 80's..    Friday... possible shower in the morning.. a little more humid.. low 80's...   Saturday..  cloudy.. humid.. possible rain in the evening(not prolonged rain.. kinda like an hour of it passing through)..  around 80...   Sunday... just like saturday...      All evening and overnight temps will be mid 60's - 70  ..      it's still about a week away... this could all change...  so get your duct tape and cameras ready

#104 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,595 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

I can take 80's and high humidity...thanks OB! I likey this...can't complain 'bout a li'l rain...besides li'l rain water is better than piss n shit water for the young li'l hippie freaks :)

#105 IT_Buzz

IT_Buzz
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:19 AM

Weather forecasters are like your dysfunctional family members. They don't realize that what their spouting is BS, but you have learned to question anything they say to you due to past incidents. 

#106 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:48 AM

Buzzkill... Ouch

#107 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:53 AM

10 degrees cooler sounds good to Tabbooma, hats off to the folks setting up this past week ;) Well that is if Tabbooma wore a hat

#108 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:12 AM

My forecast= if I bring rain gear it will be sunny and hot.  If I forget rain gear it will be rainy and hot.  I'll just bring duct tape and blame OB for and weather related issues I don't like. 

#109 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

Regardless of how my forecast holds up; I still would like an old fashioned duct taping... Would make for classic photo memories

#110 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,595 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

Regardless of how my forecast holds up; I still would like an old fashioned duct taping... Would make for classic photo memories

At least you're trying...weather channel is telling me I have severe thunderstorms in my area (my area :funny1: ) and its sunny and clear skies

#111 IT_Buzz

IT_Buzz
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

At Mt Jam, one of my fellow camp-mates brought a rain suit. It ripped. In the crotch area to be exact. He duct taped it back together. It looked like he was wearing a giant diaper. :hoagie:

#112 IT_Buzz

IT_Buzz
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

Buzzkill... Ouch

No no! I was commenting on how the weatherman LIES to me! Like the time dad says he was going to the store to get my birthday present but never came back. I've said too much...

#113 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,175 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

NOAA's guesses as of today:

• Wednesday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 84. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Wednesday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Thursday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 84. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Thursday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 82.
  • Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 65.

friday looks AWESOME :clapping:

and 65 at night? :woohoo:

#114 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,175 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

NOAA as of this afternoon:

• Wednesday A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
  • Wednesday Night Scattered showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
  • Thursday Scattered showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 81. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
  • Thursday Night Scattered showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
  • Friday Scattered showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 81. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
  • Friday Night Scattered showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Saturday Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 83. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65.
  • Sunday Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 83. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

#115 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

all of those scattered showers and 50% chances are legit...  and , in my eyes, would be welcomed...  no prolonged rain... just a passing shower... Heavy downpours are doubtful

#116 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Good Monday Morning!!!! We are now in range where the occifer's confidence level is high!! And I will be brief in saying that things are taking a turn for the even Better!! Much of the VIBES weekend will be partly sunny... Highs around 80.... Night time lows in 60's.... Chance of shower , briefly, on Friday. Sunday brings in clouds with the threat of of scattered ahowers.

#117 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

Lows in the 60's, hopefully so! Packed a sleeping bag just in case

#118 Speckta

Speckta
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,176 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

Screenshot2013-07-22at90634AM.png

Looks pretty good!

#119 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,615 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

This is so money. :woot:

Better pack long sleeves and be ready to sleep until 930 our so before the heat alarm strikes.

#120 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,175 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

NOAA:

• Wednesday A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 86. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
  • Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 64.
  • Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 81.
  • Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 63.
  • Friday A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 82. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 83.
  • Saturday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Sunday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 81. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

:bliss: :woot:

#121 Mindbender

Mindbender
  • VibeTribe
  • 190 posts
  • Locationby the waterside

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

I just spent a couple of days in NYC in some brutal heat - these latest forecasts are great news!

:yippee:  

(I'm excited.)

#122 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,625 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

That weather forecast looks just exactly perfect.

#123 TigerRose

TigerRose
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

Good. They read my rider.

#124 williscat2000

williscat2000
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,481 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

nice change in weather!

#125 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,880 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

Good. They read my rider.

:lol:

#126 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Only a couple more days for Mother Nature to go a screw things up.... but from checking out the jet stream.. and any possible rain makers... we are are looking in the clear for most of Thursday and Friday...  even humidity may stay low..  dream temperatures with 80 as high.. and mid 60's as low... saturday there is a chance for a brief shower with similar temperature...  sunday is the highest possibility of rain.. even that won't be a huge storm or soaking rain... 

#127 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,175 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

NOAA:

• Wednesday A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
  • Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 62. North wind around 10 mph.
  • Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.
  • Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 62.
  • Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.
  • Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 64.
  • Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 83.
  • Saturday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Sunday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 81. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
  • Sunday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

slight changes but all for the better! :crazy:

#128 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

I now have both of my favorite forecast models on board for an EPIC Weather event for VIBES...  High Pressure rolls in as we arrive Thursday morning.. That will push humidity to the south... and keep things bright and sunny for Thursday thru Saturday.  I am sorry if i keep repeating myself.. but we are looking at some DREAMY weather..   

Thursday Morning.. arrival time... Partly sunny 70-75 degrees..  

Thursday Afternoon..  Sunny .  80 degrees 

Thursday Night .  Clear ..  65 degrees

Friday..   (see Thursday)..  for real.. it's that damn good!!!!!   

Saturday..  some clouds may roll in.. possibly a stray ..and i mean STRAY shower.. still sunny.. 85 degrees. 

Saturday Night...  more clouds roll in... 65-70 degrees...

Sunday... cloudy.. with increasing risk of rain showers as afternoon progresses....  pack your stuff up early

#129 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,175 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

NOAA as of this morning:

• Wednesday A slight chance of thunderstorms before 8am, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 8am. Partly sunny, with a high near 87. Northwest wind 7 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
  • Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 59. North wind around 8 mph.
  • Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. Northeast wind 8 to 10 mph.
  • Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 62.
  • Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.
  • Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 85.
  • Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68.
  • Sunday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 83. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
  • Sunday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
  • Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 83.

:crazy:

#130 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

I now have both of my favorite forecast models on board for an EPIC Weather event for VIBES...  High Pressure rolls in as we arrive Thursday morning.. That will push humidity to the south... and keep things bright and sunny for Thursday thru Saturday.  I am sorry if i keep repeating myself.. but we are looking at some DREAMY weather..   

Thursday Morning.. arrival time... Partly sunny 70-75 degrees..  

Thursday Afternoon..  Sunny .  80 degrees 

Thursday Night .  Clear ..  65 degrees

Friday..   (see Thursday)..  for real.. it's that damn good!!!!!   

Saturday..  some clouds may roll in.. possibly a stray ..and i mean STRAY shower.. still sunny.. 85 degrees. 

Saturday Night...  more clouds roll in... 65-70 degrees...

Sunday... cloudy.. with increasing risk of rain showers as afternoon progresses....  pack your stuff up early

:bliss:   :bliss:   :bliss:

#131 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,595 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

Fuck yeah!!! :crazy: Can I say fuck yeah on a weather thread

#132 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,865 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

This crazy good weather.

If it holds Im gonna to some naked jumping jacks in boardie camping when were all set up.  :crazy:

#133 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Fuck yeah u can say fuck yeah... Especially with naked jumping jacks

#134 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

This crazy good weather.

If it holds Im gonna to some naked jumping jacks in boardie camping when were all set up.  :crazy:

Is this a promise or a threat?   :undecided:

#135 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,015 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

:crazy:

ZOMG....ZOMG....ZOMG....

#136 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,015 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

#137 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,865 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

It doesnt matter....You will take it and like it.

And notice I said boardie....not VIP where all the high class folks are.  :lol:

#138 hippieskichick

hippieskichick
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,887 posts
  • LocationAlbany NY

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

Shit. I'm in his camp. Thanks, awesome weather. Now I have to watch TS flap around like a goon. Naked.

#139 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

Shit. I'm in his camp. Thanks, awesome weather. Now I have to watch TS flap around like a goon. Naked.

20111110234441-simpsons-nelson-hah.jpg

#140 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,865 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

Just close your eyes brahdette....and no peeking at the trouzer snake!!  :joker:

#141 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

Just close your eyes brahdette....it ain't gonna be pretty.

#142 hippieskichick

hippieskichick
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,887 posts
  • LocationAlbany NY

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

#143 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,865 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

:rolling:

#144 paco

paco
  • VibeTribe
  • 155 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Non going people suck ass and should banned from posting till after vibes. They deserve to be punished!

#145 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

Ok.. well.. the occifer only has another couple of weather updates until game time!!!       Not too much has changed from all of my original forecasts...    It's now a "nowcast" situation.. as i will follow what the radar is doing from the midwest and off of the coast..  

Thursday... Sunny, 80      

Thursday night  into Friday morning... there is a slight.. and i mean SLIGHT chance that we get a sprinkle from a small system out in the atlantic.  Low 60's

Friday-- Sunny, Mid 80's     

Friday Night - a few clouds, mid 60's

Saturday - SExy time!!!!   yes.. that's right..  get naked...  wear minimal clothing..  85 and sunny...  show some skin!!!   

Saturday night.. upper 60's...  maybe a quick thunderstorm to cool off the sexy time!!  but not enough to blue ball the situation..      

Sunday brings the chance for a cloudy day with a passing shower here and there.

#146 Slarti

Slarti
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

are you sure we don't have a repeat of the 1938 hurricane that trashed the coast and all the forecasters said it couldn't happen? :lol:

#147 Dr. StrangeHat

Dr. StrangeHat
  • VibeTribe
  • 437 posts
  • LocationWestbrook, ME

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

I'm calling it right now - don't be surprised if we get some rain Friday night.  Latest models are hinting at a possible weak coastal low forming Friday->Friday evening.  It might just brush us, but be prepared.

#148 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,595 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:17 AM

Bring it...I ain't afraid of a little rain....I welcome it....helps me party longer

#149 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,175 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

have gore-tex, will travel

lord knows it got a workout at mtn jam :D :lol:

#150 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,175 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:37 AM

NOAA as of now:

•  
  • Wednesday A slight chance of showers before 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
  • Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 59. North wind around 8 mph.
  • Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 83. North wind around 9 mph.
  • Thursday Night A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 62. Northeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
  • Friday A slight chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 82. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
  • Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 66.
  • Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 84.
  • Saturday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Sunday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 82. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
  • Sunday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
  • Monday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 83. Chance of precipitation is 30%.