8 replies to this topic

#1 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 682 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:09 PM

Finally, I get to let the big dogs run.

The last few weeks have been rather tedious as most workouts have been at a slow (yet long), easy recovery pace as I have begun tapering for my first Half Iron even at the end of the month. However, tomorrow is my first actual triathlon of the season, so it's my 'tune up' event if you will. It's only a short distance course (1200m swim, 33k bike, 7.5k run) which is something I rarely have a chance to do anymore being more a long course guy now, and my coaches instructions are: OPEN IT UP!

Finally.

Last year I ran with three of my lighter, fitter training partners, all of whom caught and passed me on the run (not to surprising actually). But I've worked hard on my run over the past few months and can now maintain a pretty steady pace on tired legs. I have dedicated lots focus to my swim technique in recent months as well as figured out an ideal race nutrition strategy that works for me. Furthermore, I'm infinitely more skilled on the bike this year.

So the game plan as of this morning is to get out front and stay out front. Being nearly 28 lbs. lighter this year, those same training partners of mine will need to be ready to suffer if they ever want to catch me this year. To boot, there's a good chance of thunderstorms tomorrow and, as much as that might suck for some, I tend to perform well in harsh weather conditions given that I am a glutton for self-punishment as I similarly train in all types of weather all year round.

I shaved my 'taper beard' so I'm all nice and aero now, so it's all systems go for tomorrow. "Flight 420, ready for take-off...."

#2 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 682 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:29 AM

http://fatandthefuri...tock-triathlon/

Great day!

#3 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:25 PM

Congrats! :rose:

#4 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:57 PM

awesome! :Phishfolk:

#5 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,359 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:59 PM

Good read. Inspiring. Nice wook! :gop:

#6 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,596 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:04 PM

Good luck. Go get em fella. :rose:

#7 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 682 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:41 PM

First major event done! Now the focus switches to Septembers race in Cancun, Mexico!
Bring on the heat.

http://fatandthefuri...welland-review/

#8 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:35 PM

awesome! :Phishfolk:

#9 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,777 posts