Desmond swims and goes fishing!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

Last week I was talikng to my next door neighbor's who just got back from wintering in Florida. I told her to look out for our new cat Desmond. She then told me she has seen him swimming and a few days earlier he and tiger were eating a fish by the waters edge and tiger was dry and Desmond was soaked. He came in a couple of nights this week soaked to the bone with no rain in sight. Amy and I are hoping he jumps in with us when it warms enough for us to swim. Yeah, my boy is part coon cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie:

#2 LisaMarie

LisaMarie
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

Desmond that cat that could swim :cool:

#3 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

:lol: cool :)

floyd is my only cat who even remotely likes the water. we have caught him sitting in puddles. he has yet to join me in the hot tub though :coffee:

#4 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:01 PM

Well I figure he initially fell in playing on the dock and decided to go with it. He has always had a strange fetish for water. Even last year as a kitten he stuck his whole head in the water bowl more than a few times. As Amy has pointed out he is definately my cat, just so long as he does not develop a penchant for warm scented oils covering his body. If that happens I'll know he's my brother from another mother.:devil:

#5 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,711 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

that's funny! Tiger has an obsession with the toilet (if ever a cat wanted to figure out how to flush it on their own, that's him!) but that's about as far as his fondness for water goes.

#6 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,390 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

There is one breed of domestic cat, the Turkish Van, that loves water. Perhaps, your cat is this breed?

#7 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:21 PM

Being from the humane society we are not sure of his heritage. When we brought him to the vet last year they guessed a healthy dose of Maine Coon Cat due to long hair, bushy Tail, and size. I'll look up the Turkish Van thank you! Ray:wink: