Seany's Parenting Advice Thread

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,462 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:57 AM

Sean is full of great advice when it comes to parenting, so I thought I would share with others...no sense keeping all this fabulous wisdom to myself. 

I'll start with the most recent...I was talking about how my 15 year old son was conflicted because he was talking and flirting with two different girls he likes, but he kind of felt bad and wrong about it, so sean suggested, "The way he should reconcile that one is by getting them into a menagie trois." 

#2 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,462 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:59 AM

I'm at Vibes last year and wanted to get something from the vendors to bring home for my kids. I said my daughter was easy, there's lots of clothing and jewelry and pretty things I could get for her, but I didn't know what to get for my son. Sean says, "Buy him a bowl." 

#3 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:01 AM

Two years back...

Wit: I'm thinking I should set some rules for Jerry at Wormtown

Me: Yup. No penetration. :funny1:

#4 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:04 AM

Sean is full of great advice when it comes to parenting, so I thought I would share with others...no sense keeping all this fabulous wisdom to myself. 

I'll start with the most recent first...I was talking about how my 15 year old son was conflicted because he was talking and flirting with two different girls he likes, but he kind of felt bad and wrong about it, so sean suggested, "The way he should reconcile that one is by getting them into a menagie trois." 

I'm pretty sure this would work one way or another. And if it doesn't, what's the downside? :dunno:

#5 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,462 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:08 AM

Right, all he has to do is even get one of them to agree and he wins. :lol:

#6 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

See? How is this bad advice? :lol:

#7 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:18 AM

I'm at Vibes last year and wanted to get something from the vendors to bring home for my kids. I said my daughter was easy, there's lots of clothing and jewelry and pretty things I could get for her, but I didn't know what to get for my son. Sean says, "Buy him a bowl." 

Just being practical and pragmatic... ;)

#8 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,462 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:18 AM

:facepalm:

#9 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:21 AM

:D

#10 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:25 AM

best.thread.ever.

#11 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:30 AM

We should have started this a two years ago. Most of my pearls of wisdom have probably been forgotten at this point. :(

#12 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,462 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:39 AM

I was talking about how Jerry and I had a conversation about checking in more often because he wasn't calling me as often as he should. Sean says, "Just kick his ass. Every kid needs a good ass kicking every once in a while. Just kick his ass!" 

:lol:

#13 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,462 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:43 AM

Some of you may remember when a few years ago I came home from work and went to the bathroom only to find all of my vibrators sitting on the bathroom counter. Holy hell who did that? I couldn't figure out who would do that, my son or my daughter, so seany says, "You should just randomly start making buzzing noises when they're around and see which one blushes." 

I have to say, he installed a lock on my bedroom door so you need a key to get in, so that particular issue shouldn't be a problem anymore. :lol:

#14 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:59 AM

I was talking about how Jerry and I had a conversation about checking in more often because he wasn't calling me as often as he should. Sean says, "Just kick his ass. Every kid needs a good ass kicking every once in a while. Just kick his ass!" 

I am with Seany on this one!

#15 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,772 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

this thread :lol:

#16 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,826 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

:lol: indeed

#17 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,854 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

Brilliant!

#18 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

"The way he should reconcile that one is by getting them into a menagie trois." 

this actually works.  I'll testify.  These two chicks that hang out at my place were totally hatin on each other...  

we drank some hurricanes and next thing u know everyone was getting along just fine

#19 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,462 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

:lmao:

Who are you talking to I know how to slay poon. :lol: I am NOT giving Jerry lessons on that other than wrap it up and don't bring home babies. :lol:

#20 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:21 AM

Omfg :lol:

#21 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,462 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:11 AM

A couple of weeks ago Sean and I are strolling along the beach and there was a little boy playing with a little toy boat in the water, and Sean says to him as we pass by, "Have fun now kid, that's the biggest boat you're ever gonna have." 

The next kid we happen across is methodically building a sandcastle and Sean yells out, "You're doing it wrong!" 

He suggested we run down the beach and stomp over all the sandcastles we come across, just smash em down! 

#22 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,462 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:15 AM

The following week we brought my kids and Jerry's girlfriend to the beach. Sean and I are relaxing watching the the three kids play in the water and Sean says, "See, he's just dumb. You're not supposed to wrestle with your sister in the water, you're supposed to wrestle with your girlfriend! He's doing it wrong! You're totally blowing it dude!" 

#23 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,462 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:45 PM

I'm talking about how sweet my son is to his girlfriend, watching her go to her door and get inside before he gives me the signal we can pull away after dropping her off- sweet stuff ya know? Seany says, "Learn to wash dishes and lick pussy and everything in your life will go better." :funny1:

#24 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

We should have started this a two years ago. Most of my pearls of wisdom have probably been forgotten at this point. :(

Is that from a mixture of old age and recreational medication?

#25 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:19 PM

A couple of weeks ago Sean and I are strolling along the beach and there was a little boy playing with a little toy boat in the water, and Sean says to him as we pass by, "Have fun now kid, that's the biggest boat you're ever gonna have." 

The next kid we happen across is methodically building a sandcastle and Sean yells out, "You're doing it wrong!" 

He suggested we run down the beach and stomp over all the sandcastles we come across, just smash em down! 

Note to self, if at the beach with Seany put sharp pointy objects in Babymoons sandcastle to protect it. :wink:

I'm talking about how sweet my son is to his girlfriend, watching her go to her door and get inside before he gives me the signal we can pull away after dropping her off- sweet stuff ya know? Seany says, "Learn to wash dishes and lick pussy and everything in your life will go better." :funny1:

Ok.... great advice but not necessarily something you say in front of his mom.... :lol:

#26 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,873 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

add cooking & laundry to that list & not only will life go better, but that would pretty much be the perfect man :lol:

#27 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,462 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

Note to self, if at the beach with Seany put sharp pointy objects in Babymoons sandcastle to protect it. :wink:

Ok.... great advice but not necessarily something you say in front of his mom.... :lol:

:lol: Wow- you are both devious! :lol: 

And yeah- I couldn't help but agree but it wasn't something I needed to hear. :lol: 

#28 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,462 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

add cooking & laundry to that list & not only will life go better, but that would pretty much be the perfect man :lol:

I'd swap out the laundry for willing and able to fix my vehicle.  :funny1: 

#29 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

Any new words of wisdom lately?

#30 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,462 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:09 PM

Sean's mostly sticking to sending condoms home to my teen my son...he gave me a stack of condoms from the money out of politics non profit booth represent.us that has funny little messages: 

"Tired of getting fucked by Congress?" "I'd like to 501( c ) you naked" "Is that a super pac in your pants?" :lol:

#31 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,799 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:52 AM

Way to go Seany!  :jamguy:

The sum total of my wisdom is pretty much "let them eat cake."  :lol:

#32 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:11 PM