• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 reba

reba
  • VibeTribe
  • 439 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

I RESCUED A HUMAN TODAY
Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her. I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn't be afraid.

As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn't want her to know that I hadn't been walked today. Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and I didn't want her to think poorly of them.

As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone's life.

She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her. Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship.

A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well. Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms. I would promise to keep her safe. I would promise to always be by her side. I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes. I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven't walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I could save one.

I rescued a human today.

#2 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,291 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:06 PM

i loved that.

thank you :)

#3 Spiffy

Spiffy
  • VibeTribe
  • 478 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

:D thats great :)

#4 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,636 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:53 PM

that is nice. :)

Zevon stood right up against the wall of his cage when i walked toward him. he had ears that were way too big for his head yet and i asked him how many stations he got. :funny1: he and Cassady had just been separated about 30 minutes before i got there, at 4 months old, and they were a little desperate to get back together again. i think he was asking me for help with that. :)

Edited by nancykind, 30 March 2011 - 12:58 AM.

#5 OnBongos

OnBongos
  • VibeTribe
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:40 AM

This is such a wonderful story. I wish everyone would adopt from shelters or rescues.

#6 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,421 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:17 AM

:heart:

#7 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,723 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:44 PM