health travel flying camping help tips diet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sothankyoumusic

sothankyoumusic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'm camping and traveling by car the first 3 weeks but then am flying 3 times over the following 5 weeks. Does anyone have any tips to stay healthy?

At home I am mostly vegan have been able to eat only organic food for the past month. I'll have meat and seafood in my diet from time to time but only when it's from whole foods or i know where it came from and how it was raised (without antibiotics, hormones or gmo feed for basics).

I am bringing a list with me of the produce with the least amount of pesticides and will focus on eating those foods most of all. I also came across this awesome blog with a great super mix to bring for traveling: she mixed hemp, bee pollen, maca, cacao, and shapeshifter. 

tumblr_moph0d8u6T1qi4v3uo1_500.jpg

Any tips or insight would be much appreciated!

#2 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,096 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

I would think it would depend upon where you're travelling. Farmers' markets and health food stores are pretty easy to find in a lot of places. :)

#3 namaste

namaste
  • VibeTribe
  • 495 posts
  • Locationpine plains, ny

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

how about individual packets of protein drinks?  you can get them made of hemp or pea, or rice flour?  There's lots of flavors and you can mix them with water or juice for variety.  I am not as strict as you, but a very serious celiac and I know your frustration!  I guess if I were traveling for that length of time I'd look up health food stores and farmer's markets in advance and have a cooler with me for the driving portion.  The flying is going to be trickier.  Check with the airlines to see what they will allow you to bring on the plane beforehand.  I'd think a small packet of the protein, closed of course might be ok, then you can buy water or juice on board to mix.  It's gonna get old fast, but it's just for the flight. :)  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: health, travel, flying, camping, help, tips, diet