10 replies to this topic

#1 mydland89

mydland89
  • VibeTribe
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

Hello,

\

I don't think that anyone on here will remember me, but I was on here a lot back in 2002, and 2003...I was a boardie..went to the Epic Vibes in Mariaville that featured Phil Lesh and friends for both friday and saturday night...Great great festival and time that year...I also went to the vibes the following year in which the allmans were the big act along with James brown..lol...great time still...not as great as the year before but nonetheless still a great time....

Okay well Im Billy murphy, aka mydland 89 or murph7489...cant remember my login back on the old board..lol...so, basically I remember Leda..and a few of the others...but down to business...what I am writing this for is, I am wondering how the festival is in relation to the years that I went when it was on the Indian lookout country club...is the camping pretty much the same..all on site? what I am basically asking is, can I expect the same rules and and same freedoms that I enjoyed while at the place in Mariaville back in 2002...

Thanks for adding Mule to the list, it is making me want to come back in addition to phil it should be like old times again....\

Respectfully;

Billy Murphy

#2 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 24,602 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

Welcome back mydland89!

Yes, things are much the same.  There is a most helpful faq section on the Vibes website, that should get you up to date on any changes:  http://gatheringofthevibes.com/faq

On the family forum page you will find the boardie camping pass request thread.  The place to go to request camping in the area with our boardie family.  If you are going VIP, you will also find many of our boardie family camping there.

Peace, Love & Music

#3 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

I've been every year but one since 1999 and I can tell you Seaside park is a vastly superior experience to ILCC in every possible way that matters to me. 

#4 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,951 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:25 AM

:bigsmile:

#5 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,142 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

i remember you! and welcome home! :jump:

#6 Mindbender

Mindbender
  • VibeTribe
  • 190 posts
  • Locationby the waterside

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

Welcome back! :welcome:

As someone who missed several years and came back last year (and again this year), all I can say is if you liked it then, you'll like it now, and prolly wonder why you missed any of them. :dunno:  Prolly.

#7 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,836 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

Welcome back   :boardie:

#8 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,004 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:22 AM

Welcome home bro!

#9 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,752 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

i was a big time regular from early 2002 thru 2005.. took a small break.. then been back in full force for a couple years...   i remember that '02 vibes like it was yesterday... one of the most amazing weekends of my life.. and that's tough to say as it was a month after my brother(also a boardie) passed away...  that '02 vibes really opened my eyes to how many people care and show love.. even the small things to just make me smile...   even when i was missing from the boards for awhile.. when i came back. i was welcomed with open arms... a true family...  at least 20 or so people i still keep in touch with since '02... and the many more that i see at vibes each year is like a wonderful family reunion and it's like we never missed a step.   love you all.

#10 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

i remember you as well! :)

#11 PieDoh

PieDoh
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

02 was great. the only difference between ILCC and Seaside Park is the ocean breezes at Seaside... and there's lots more nakkid wommins.