custody / visitation question - how screwed is he

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

so "this guy" has only been allowed to have supervised visits with his 3 yo kid since he could not / would not complete a MA druug program.

the other day he got stopped, frisked, held and given a DAT for MJ posession.
not sure if he had photos or prints taken.

If his pleads or is found to be guilty and his ex wife finds out, and goes back to family court - how screwed is he ?

#2 Tooozday

Tooozday
  • VibeTribe
  • 333 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:58 PM

What's a DAT?

Supervised visits would likely continue. Visitation with children is not supposed to be used like a hammer, as a "punishment" for something else. However, it does not bode well for "this guy" to get either unsupervised visits or custody. YMMV.

#3 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:52 AM

yeah, that was my thought too, that his visits would just continue to be supervised.

#4 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:48 PM

thanks - i can't say i agree with some of his decisions.

DAT = Desk Apperance Ticket

#5 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:29 PM

Was the original problem simply MJ or something else. If it was MJ and he couldn't control himself for a month then it doesn't really sound like he cares that much about visitation. Also sounds like the mother is using their kids as a weapon.

#6 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

Was the original problem simply MJ or something else. If it was MJ and he couldn't control himself for a month then it doesn't really sound like he cares that much about visitation. Also sounds like the mother is using their kids as a weapon.

confirmed + agreed