casual drumming percussion djembe

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Rhythmdvl

Rhythmdvl
  • VibeTribe
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

My wife and I'll be bringing a our djembes, a couple extras and a small handful of rhythmmakers. Since we're also bringing our 4 y.o. (with a burgeoning sense of rhythm that's been awfully fun to watch), I figure it's best to get a feel for things ahead of time.

What's the scene like? Do we want to connect with folks ahead of time or do circles just crop of here and there? Thoughts?

#2 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,757 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

Most drum circles seem to start at gregoir's tent.  They quickly move away from there in a glorious lighted fashion.

#3 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,509 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

Most drum circles seem to start at gregoir's tent.  They quickly move away from there in a glorious lighted fashion.

He really is the best drum circle lighting guy in the business!

#4 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

I should bring this:  (not for me to play, for others to play, cause I can only keep time and simple fills).

Need a bunch of Bateries or something to plug it into, prollu batteries.

qad1dd55_l.jpg

#5 Rhythmdvl

Rhythmdvl
  • VibeTribe
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

That sounds mysteriously awesome. But what does it mean?

#6 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,539 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

Oh yeah, it's awesome all right. Look for a guy in an orange hoodie and start drumming outside his tent.

#7 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

i'd say they appear there and there, but i bet there are also some pre planned too.

not sure if i've ever heard any in Family, but i only go there to get to Boardie Camping once and a while.

make friends with the neigbors and who knows, or walk aound and look for other folks w/ their junk drums out.

the one thing i see over and over again, these musical folks all seem to like playing when ever they get a chance :)

#8 murman

murman
  • VibeTribe
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:52 AM

My wife and I'll be bringing a our djembes, a couple extras and a small handful of rhythmmakers. Since we're also bringing our 4 y.o. (with a burgeoning sense of rhythm that's been awfully fun to watch), I figure it's best to get a feel for things ahead of time.

What's the scene like? Do we want to connect with folks ahead of time or do circles just crop of here and there? Thoughts?

sounds great, drums happen when they happen , build it and they will come. sit out around your camp or my favorite is near the statue where theres grass and water i like playing for the boaters . the thing around campsites that you might be bothering someone ,...

#9 murman

murman
  • VibeTribe
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

build it and they will come..... start playing where ever and those with instruments (drums). will gather ..best place i think is near the statue near the campers before entering through the first check point that way you have grass, and a great view of water, nice breeze . down side being at a camp site is that it may get to crowded, you may bother others...... and this way its at a central place where every one will know . although i got to carry my beast from VIP to there its worth it........drum on

#10 joeberry77

joeberry77
  • VibeTribe
  • 7 posts
  • LocationWarren, CT

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

If I'm not busy working the vibes, I'll be around the staff/vip tenting (i'll try to make my way over to west camping) bearing my cajon, darbuka, bongos, and a bunch of random noisemakers. So look for the kid whose sitting on a box that makes a lot of noise.

---Stay Classy

#11 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

Its cute that you think you will have time for that.

:censor:

#12 joeberry77

joeberry77
  • VibeTribe
  • 7 posts
  • LocationWarren, CT

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

So I guess look for the kid whose carrying a box that's not making noise...

#13 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,757 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

Prolly an empty copy paper box, prolly

#14 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

Let's just hope it's not a box of Jingos.  :fierce:

#15 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,509 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

:lol:

#16 PieDoh

PieDoh
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:53 PM

/startacongaline?

#17 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,432 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

:lmao:

The noob is strong in that one.

Have fun breaking him   :funny1:

#18 Rhythmdvl

Rhythmdvl
  • VibeTribe
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:10 AM

We've broken the drums out at just a few fests. There would be so much more room in the van if we just left them at home, but better to have and not play than want to play and not have!

#19 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

:lmao: