IUD side effects

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#101 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:16 PM

sweet erin, i was in flower drum song in high school. still love to watch it, lol.

#102 Amber Morgaine

Amber Morgaine
  • VibeTribe
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:02 AM

Glad you're doin' better momma!

#103 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:07 PM

musicmomma .. updates on your health?

#104 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,203 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:14 PM

Hey sorry for the intrusion, but don't want to ask elsewhere.

I'd like my wife to go on non hormonal BC. She is minus a thyroid due to cancer, so I was thinking the copper IUD would be the best choice. Are there more non hormonal methods a woman could use?

#105 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

Try a Vasectomy? ;)

#106 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,203 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:59 PM

Try a Vasectomy? ;)

Hell no. I don't do surgery and we may want more kids. In her case it's to regulate pregnancy as well as menses.

#107 Elphaba

Elphaba
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:58 PM

Hell no. I don't do surgery and we may want more kids. In her case it's to regulate pregnancy as well as menses.

insertion of an iud isn't the most pleasant experience either. vasectomies can be reversed in most cases for 8 years. why put your wife through more? man up! take on some of the responsibility for birth control and your wife's health.

#108 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,203 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:48 PM

insertion of an iud isn't the most pleasant experience either. vasectomies can be reversed in most cases for 8 years. why put your wife through more? man up! take on some of the responsibility for birth control and your wife's health.

I do take responsibility, I just pretty much refuse to go under the knife, once let alone twice to reverse it! There are a million options out there, it's just that most of them are available to women.

#109 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,385 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:35 AM

josh you shouldn't be askeerd of a little ol' puncture wound ;)

but don't do it if you want to have more kids. but please do it when you're done. it was the best gift my husband ever gave me :heart:

#110 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,203 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:49 AM

josh you shouldn't be askeerd of a little ol' puncture wound ;)

but don't do it if you want to have more kids. but please do it when you're done. it was the best gift my husband ever gave me :heart:

I'm absolutely terrified of doctors, needles hospitals, etc....I mean deathly and utterly afraid to the point where it looks like a comedy routine.

We do want one more child...my wife would like a little girl. Until then, she needs time to heal from this kid...which is why we're going the BC route.

#111 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:29 PM

non-hormonal will not regulate periods and isn't necessarily any healthier or safer than hormonal methods.

#112 Bonsai

Bonsai
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:18 PM

Sooo... at long last I've decided to have my Paraguard removed for sure. I have my yearly appointment on Monday, and I'm scheduling the removal then. Hopefully I can get an appointment in a month or so.

I'm leaving a monogamous relationship, and I've decided that the possible side effects, should an infection be incurred, are too much of a risk.

Not to mention my skin is DISGUSTING. I've used tons of different skin washes, and I wash my skin twice every day. NOTHING works, and it's been getting worse and worse. Heads up to ladies considering the Paraguard: it causes acne for sure!

My skin was never this oily until I had the IUD inserted. And my hair is definitely dull.

I'll probably try a low-progesterone pill again. I originally went off the pill I was on before because it caused me to be depressed, so I'm a little scared. But I was also in a very different, much less happy place in life then than I am now, and I was also on an antidepressant, which I believe could have actually been CAUSING the depression rather than treating it. :rolleyes: In any case... I'll try it and see how it goes...

#113 Bonsai

Bonsai
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:56 PM

Wow, re-reading this thread makes me realize that it could also potentially be the cause of the inexplicable tiredness that I experience despite very healthy eating, sleeping, and exercising habits!! :rolleyes:

Can some of you who have had an IUD removed brief me on what to expect during and immediately after the removal? It would be much appreciated.

#114 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

Relief. SOme discharge and slight cramping. But mostly, relief. :funny1:
It's weird.

#115 Bonsai

Bonsai
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:33 AM

Got it out! It WAS a relief. Definitely hurt a bit for a few minutes during the extraction but I'm glad it's out. Feels too unnatural for me to have a foreign object up in there.

:gop:

:lol:

#116 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:16 AM

good for you! :heart:

#117 Kenjifujima

Kenjifujima
  • VibeTribe
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:00 AM

Life is amazing right now is out for me. HAIR alone? Like Wow! Drain, which in reality has done for me. E 'is continuous.

#118 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:16 PM

huh?

#119 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,999 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

spam :)