IUD side effects

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#51 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:33 PM

wende, mike and i have way too much sex to not be protected 24/7. lol. we really can't have any more kids now. :lol:

#52 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:34 PM

I would recommend exploring the energic and esoteric aspects, before having your tubes tied. The same goes for vasectomies.

could you expand a bit on that? :huh:

#53 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:42 PM

The following is a thumbnail, which taken out of context, and without the ancient definitions applied to many of the terms, lacks much of the esoteric/spiritual meaning/explainations: (i.e. practices are employed so that during the sexual act, energy is transformed to raise the kundalini, rather than spilling the seminal fluids)

Question: If a woman has altered her normal sexual functions, (i.e. her fallopian tubes have been hindered) or if her normal sexual functions have been altered by some other physical system, or perhaps if the man has a "vasectomy," what probabilities do they have of sexual transmutation? Would these persons be able to create the Superior Existential Bodies of the Being?

Samael Aun Weor: The resource of man is necessary before all. You must take into account that the Sun (The Cosmic Christ) is making a marvelous experiment in the test tubes of Nature; it wants to create Men [Editor: Read the glossary entry for Human Being, and the Introduction to Revolutionary Psychology]. We know well that the race of "humanoids" is necessary to be able to capture determined types and sub-types of cosmic energy, which later it transforms and re-transmits to the inferior layers of the planetary organism (a sad situation for the "humanoid," true?). Without doubt, the Sun wants more, and has placed within the sexual endocrine glands of the "humanoid" the Seeds of the Man. Such seeds are able to develop if we co-operate. If we don't co-operate, the Sun's experiment fails.

During the first eight centuries of Christianity, many Men were created; in the Middle-Ages, the creations were very rare, and now they are even rarer.

For a real Man to exist, it is necessary that the seeds for the Superior Existential Bodies of the Being, situated in the sexual endocrine glands, develop suitably. Such seeds are unable to develop if co-operation does not exist within us. It is also unquestionable that such seeds are unable to develop in an unfavorable environment.

When one makes glandular experiments, when one ties the tubes, when one has glandular transplants, or if you graft into the organism the glands of a monkey, or other similar things, the conditions which result will certainly not be happy. How will the seeds of a Man be able to germinate in such an organism?

#54 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:40 PM

it's been 2.5 weeks since i took the iud out. since then i've lost 6 lbs without changing anything, must have been mostly water because the bloating is gone. my skin has cleared up, my hair is shiny, i'm not achy all the time, my tummy is much more settled.

i also have more energy and don't feel fatigued all the time.

#55 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

wonderful news! :heart:

#56 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:22 PM

thanks! i'm sort of amazed and horrified at the same time

#57 safireblues

safireblues
  • VibeTribe
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:05 PM

I've used withdrawal for 6 years, no pregnancy. I hated birth control. Now, I'm in my 30s and fine with getting pregnant but so far, no babies.

#58 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:17 PM

i got my iud out on tuesday and feel a bit better already. i can see my face clearing up too. its only been less than 48 hours though so i don't expect much. :monkey:

#59 JamOnIt247

JamOnIt247
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:26 PM

but you've already seen a difference momma? Thats gotta be very comforting to you still!

You seem very happy today!! That makes me happy too! :heart:

#60 JamOnIt247

JamOnIt247
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:27 PM

did the doctor suggest any certain bc for you?

#61 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:45 PM

i got my iud out on tuesday and feel a bit better already. i can see my face clearing up too. its only been less than 48 hours though so i don't expect much. :monkey:

I hope things keep looking up. Definitely keep us posted, Missy :heart:

#62 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:07 PM

no, he didn't jammy. he did tell me that most of the women he removes the iud from come back to him in 6 months or so to get something hormonal to stop menses. i told him i wont' be one of them, thank you.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjWn-ueeeLw"][/ame]

#63 Luna

Luna
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,784 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerze

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:09 PM

but you've already seen a difference momma? Thats gotta be very comforting to you still!

You seem very happy today!! That makes me happy too! :heart:

:heart::heart: great to hear

#64 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:34 PM

the first week was amazing for me .. so many things i didn't even associate with the iud started to clear up.

#65 JamOnIt247

JamOnIt247
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:36 PM

its nice when things start to make sense right? :lol:

Im so happy that I have all you ladies here to share your information and wisdom!
I know NOW that I will never EVER get an IUD. TYVM!!!

:heart:

#66 Bonsai

Bonsai
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:56 PM

I'm considering having mine taken out and going back on the pill now. I don't think I'm experiencing any side effects (that I can tell) but I've started to just feel weird about the foreign object embedded in me aspect of it all. Not sure if it's better than being on hormones or not. :rolleyes: I won't go back on the pill I was on before that was heavy progesterone and made me nutso. Will probably try one with more estrogen this time. Have an appointment in May to discuss with my doctor. Not psyched about any option right now. :rolleyes:

#67 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,146 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

Yea, thats how I felt Bonsai except I did indeed have side effects that, like Allison said, didn't really realize I had until I did take it out.

#68 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,096 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:58 PM

I just want to say thanks. A college pal's wife was just diagnosed with Wilson's disease. I passed that link on to him.

In a monogamous relationship, I am a big fan of VCF.

#69 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:05 PM

I LOST 3 LBS SINCE YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy: :bliss:

#70 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,146 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:30 PM

:lol:

#71 irie

irie
  • VibeTribe
  • 618 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

my friend went on the nuvaring cause she wanted NO more kids (she was 30 & had 5 kids already).

now she has 6 kids.

#72 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:02 PM

don't laugh wende... i've done everything in my power other than cut off a limb trying to get below a certain number and i finally did. jesus, i fasted for 6 days and it didn't help. let me be happy. its not like i NEED to lose the weight but the fact that i did nothing other than get the iud out and dropped 3 lbs in 24 hours

#73 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,146 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:51 PM

um, huh? Are you serious?

#74 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,146 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:53 PM

ok, let me explain myself.... jesus, I thought it was funny because I said the same exact thing when I had it taken out. Stupid IUD's.
~That is all

#75 Spiffy

Spiffy
  • VibeTribe
  • 478 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:52 PM

glad you are feeling better now that it's been removed-- but can i throw a word of caution in there re: the nuva ring? several of my friends have used it for less than 2 months because the hormones were making them CRAZY! i witnessed drastic mood swings in ordinarily stable people...

I WAS ONE OF THOSE FRIENDS!

#76 Spiffy

Spiffy
  • VibeTribe
  • 478 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:00 AM

um, huh? Are you serious?

she's quite serious. its not nice to laugh at other people. especially with the hormones flying around in this thread!
whoa, i almost got hit in the face by a bitchy hormone! WATCH OUT! :funny1:

I have completely cut birth control out of my life. It made me a crazy person, seriously it was really really bad. 3 diff types w/in a year and a half fucked me up big time. I'm back to being celibate, and if I do end up having sex with someone then we're using condoms. I have a couple left in my night stand from my last relationship, hopefully they'll still be good when the time comes :lol:

#77 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:11 AM

and if I do end up having sex with someone then we're using condoms. I have a couple left in my night stand from my last relationship, hopefully they'll still be good when the time comes :lol:

:funny1: i have a couple you can use if you need, lol, i hope to not have to use them more than a few months, lol :clapping:

#78 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,146 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:22 AM

NOBODY WAS LAUGHING AT ANYBODY. Don't be so damn paranoid. Seriously, all I can say is WOW! What the fuck ever!

#79 Spiffy

Spiffy
  • VibeTribe
  • 478 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:38 AM

:heartbounce: wende, i only wish the best for you. despite any misunderstandings/difference in opinions we may have.

#80 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:44 AM

:lol:

#81 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,146 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:02 AM

Spiffy, if you were being sincere, I thank you and I appreciate that and right back at you ten fold. I don't think our opinions were too far from eachothers, just perceived wrong. And well, If you weren't being sincere then so be it.
I'm glad to be of humor to you both.

#82 Spiffy

Spiffy
  • VibeTribe
  • 478 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:13 AM

i was being sincere. I hope you and I can be friendly when we see each other this summer. no more name calling, its not necessary.

#83 Elphaba

Elphaba
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:33 AM

ok, let me explain myself.... jesus, I thought it was funny because I said the same exact thing when I had it taken out. Stupid IUD's.
~That is all

this seemed like a reasonable explaination for the ":lol:"

she was agreeing with you, musicmomma.

now if it were me, i might laugh because i've watched my cousin sweat and spit 3 pounds of water a few hours before a wrestling match. but i'm a lot more sarcastic and harder to read on the internet. not to mention i have zero compassion whining about birth control because i have practically never dealt with it. i also don't understand why women don't put more responsibility on men to take on the risks of consuming, injecting and surgically implanting hormonal things into their bodies to prevent pregnancy. it seems that just saying no to them might inspire them to do so.

anyhow, it seems everyone should just relax before feelings get hurt, or attack me because i really don't give a shit. :lol:

#84 Luna

Luna
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,784 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerze

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:05 AM

this seemed like a reasonable explaination for the ":lol:"

she was agreeing with you, musicmomma.

now if it were me, i might laugh because i've watched my cousin sweat and spit 3 pounds of water a few hours before a wrestling match. but i'm a lot more sarcastic and harder to read on the internet. not to mention i have zero compassion whining about birth control because i have practically never dealt with it. i also don't understand why women don't put more responsibility on men to take on the risks of consuming, injecting and surgically implanting hormonal things into their bodies to prevent pregnancy. it seems that just saying no to them might inspire them to do so.

anyhow, it seems everyone should just relax before feelings get hurt, or attack me because i really don't give a shit. :lol:

It would be nice if men did more so all those poor women wouldnt have to deal w/ all the side effects :heart:

#85 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:10 AM

mike has already said a million times he'd take a pill if he could.. he's SO getting snipped. :lol:

#86 Elphaba

Elphaba
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:11 AM

mike has already said a million times he'd take a pill if he could.. he's SO getting snipped. :lol:

that is awesome! i'd like to buy him a case of beer! :rose:

#87 irie

irie
  • VibeTribe
  • 618 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:15 AM

is that like asking if you need help bringing in the groceries right after you came in with the last load? :lol:

#88 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:52 AM

well, he's said it many many times over the last 15 years. its just NOW that he needs to get it done cause HE told me i'm done having babies. so since he told me he has no choice. i'm not going to use any hormonal birth control again until i die. lol. :lol:

#89 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,096 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:43 AM

This may be a stupid question. When an IUD is removed, is it like, -BOOM!- , instant menses? Like, um, 3lbs. of menses? :eek: If so, wow! Or does its removal promote the release of retained water, or something? If I knew the answer, I wouldn't be asking. :peace:

#90 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:13 PM

so far for me sarah, when i had my iud removed in 2003 i never got any return of menses but was pregnant in 2 months. this time around its only been out since tuesday noon time and i have gone from 120 on wednesday to 116 this morning doing nothing different than before. no period yet but i feel as if it won't be too long before i have it. i'll keep you updated. i will say my face is totally clearing up and the weight is just melting off my body. :bliss:

#91 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,882 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:19 AM

glad you are feeling better now that it's been removed-- but can i throw a word of caution in there re: the nuva ring? several of my friends have used it for less than 2 months because the hormones were making them CRAZY! i witnessed drastic mood swings in ordinarily stable people... i hate hate hate condoms but i'm glad they're working for some of you. i am very happy w/ my regular bc prescription, altho i know the regular dose of estrogen has adverse reactions for some women-- i have heard that the low estrogen versions can be much more tolerable if you are sensitive to the hormones. best of luck everybody & your vajayjays :)

I'm using nuvaring and haven't noticed any changes other than a little more discharge than before. Not enough to be a nuisance though. I like it so far. I would have stayed on depo forever, but my doctor urged me to come off it because of how it depletes calcium levels.

I mainly decided to go with nuvaring because if there are adverse effects than you just take it out and it should be a relatively short time to go back to normal. Low commitment. :smile:

#92 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,096 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:08 AM

thanks
Posted via Mobile Device Powered By Terrapin

#93 Spiffy

Spiffy
  • VibeTribe
  • 478 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:16 AM

I mainly decided to go with nuvaring because if there are adverse effects than you just take it out and it should be a relatively short time to go back to normal. Low commitment. :smile:

the NuvaRing irritated me internally, and an ex referred to it as my "glowstick" which he would on occasion lasso out. I know you're not supposed to, but I could feel it. it IS low maintenance tho :funny1: I'll give ya that one :wink:

#94 Amber Morgaine

Amber Morgaine
  • VibeTribe
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:10 AM

I was on depo for nearly a year & bled for a good half of it.... not regular @ all (& I was regular before) It was crazy... I would bleed for like 2 weeks, stop for 2 weeks, bleed for almost the whole month, stop 3 weeks, bleed a week... etc.... I wanted to stop after the first shot, but the docs said that I should even out.... I didn't..

I started having these spells where I would feel really cold, but would start this crazy clammy sweat, all over, and feel like I was about to faint. I'd literally have to hold myself up to not pass out or fall down.... The freakiest part was that my eyes would be open but everything would fade to black... The 1st time it happened I thought I seroiusly went blind... (then my sight came back after a few mins) It was fucking scary!

I asked my Dr if it could be because of the depo's reaction with all the bleeding draining me soooo much... I asked if they would test me for anemia 'cause I figured I must be short on iron w/ all the blood loss..

The Dr brushed it off, refused my request to be tested for anemia saying it couldn't be connected & that I should just continue with the depo because my body should become fully adjusted within a year....

So I got one last depo shot & after another 3 months of hellishly prolonged & unscheduled visits from ant flo & scary near-faintings... I was pretty all set with the idea of putting bc hormones like that into my body again!

I'm fairly certain that the Dr was wrong about the near-fainting incidents being unrelated to the depo.... after I stopped the depo my cycles regulated & the freaky near-fainting stopped. (Hallelujah!)

After that experience I will never trust what a dr says over what I know & feel is going on inside my own body...

#95 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:04 PM

amber, i was actually close to killing myself on the depo shot. i have NEVER felt that terrible ever in my life before. i must say i have quite a great doc though cause when i told him about it instead of laughing and telling me i'm wrong, he told me all about the mirena iud and sent me to a women's hormonal psychologist. within a few weeks the depo had worn off and my iud was in. i loved my iud the first time around, never had any issues. got it out, made lyndsay, had lyndsay and got the iud put in again. i had no issues once again until i hit a little over 2 years. i'm pretty sure i won't ever use hormonal therapy again unless i go have the personalized treatment done, you know?

#96 Amber Morgaine

Amber Morgaine
  • VibeTribe
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:55 AM

yeah... I'm straight with being pumped full of hormones.... besides all the scary med issues it just generally made me super bitchy... like actually want to resort to violence bitchy at times.... I feel so much more sane w/ my hormones the way they should be naturally!

#97 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:04 AM

i've been iud free for a week now and feel so much better. i haven't sweat in my sleep in 7 nights... i sleep so much better. :heart:

#98 Spiffy

Spiffy
  • VibeTribe
  • 478 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:27 AM

i've been iud free for a week now and feel so much better. i haven't sweat in my sleep in 7 nights... i sleep so much better. :heart:

:heartbounce:

#99 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,096 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:30 AM

that's great! :heart:
Posted via Mobile Device Powered By Terrapin

#100 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,422 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:55 AM

i have no experience with the IUD, but am happy getting it out is working otu for somany of you. don't htink i will ever be getting one now.

but music momma thanks for that video! I danced to that song a few years ago and it totally brought me back, I enjoy being a girl (buum)!