Photo

Oh What Fun.. (revolting content enclosed)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

Sorry for the disgusting content,    I'm bored.   

I've been dreading this for a few years already, but tommorrow's the big day.        My first Colonoscopy!!!  LOL.

Yup, they recommend men get one when they reach age 50, much like they recommend the digital prostate exam starting at age 40.   

Although they knock me out for the actual procedure, it's the "prep" that's no fun.      Can't eat for the entire day before, only a clear liquid diet (Juices, soft drinks, bouillion, broth, popsicles, jello, italian ices).   Although I've been steadily consuming those things, I've been starving all day.. I'm not used to anything other than 15 minute grazings.     Making me a little light headed actually.    So this is what Hunger feels like? 

Then at 5pm today, I took the first of two cleanse treatments.    The second one tommorrow AM.     (the procedure is at 10am-12pm tmmorrw).    Well, I won't go into details but let's just say that the cleanse is doing what it's supposed to do.     OMG.    Didn't take long to kick in either.       Being more than 50 feet away from the Bowl is not an option right now.   

Well, all things considered, I'm OK with jamming the world's most expensive sex toy up my bum.    Hopefully it's all clear, but if there is something growing inside me, better to discover it earlier than later...before it's a real issue!  

I can't wait to show the videos!!   LOL. 

I think I'm headed to the Chinese Buffet after this ordeal.      I earned it. 

#2 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,614 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

i've had three i think.   they're not so bad but the dr makes the difference.    hope you have a good one and good luck!  

they are worth it.   my mom might be alive today if she'd gotten one

#3 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

Sorry to hear about your mom.     

#4 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,420 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

i had my first at 42 due to high risk (family history). 

the prep is horrific - you'll be shitting clear liquid at the end but the journey there is brutal.  :afro:

the 10 seconds after the doctor injects the anesthesia are absolutely euphoric. :bigsmile: i fought to stay awake

as long as possible to enjoy the one and only positive of the whole procedure but you won't make it much

past 10 seconds.  :zzz:  

they did cut out a polyp which has a risk of becoming malignant so i suppose it was worth it.  

go easy on the food afterwards. i downed a massive raw fruit/veggie smoothie right after and had

bad cramps for 2 day.   :angry1:

good luck eddy. 

#5 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:24 AM

the prep is horrific - you'll be shitting clear liquid at the end but the journey there is brutal.  :afro:

the 10 seconds after the doctor injects the anesthesia are absolutely euphoric. :bigsmile: i fought to stay awake

as long as possible to enjoy the one and only positive of the whole procedure but you won't make it much

they did cut out a polyp which has a risk of becoming malignant so i suppose it was worth it.  

go easy on the food afterwards. i downed a massive raw fruit/veggie smoothie right after and had

good luck eddy. 

Thanks and glad to hear you may have avoided some more serious issues.      

I suppose it makes sense that power-eating immediately after might be ill advised..      Actually, I just got a head of steam on a health kick, and have been dropping some pounds.     So I probably should keep it tame for that reason alone.      But I'm just having food halluecenations right now.     I've become emotionally involved with all of the food commercials on TV.   LOL. 

#6 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,675 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

They do a digital at 40 now? Did they do away with the old thumb up the pooper? :undecided:

#7 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,614 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

definitely eat light afterwards, you probably won't be the ravenous you're expecting right off the bat, either

#8 CTMuleman

CTMuleman
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

I've had two.  Other than the night before cleansing, it wasn't bad.  When I woke up I had absolutely no indication of what had happened.  The Dr. even gave me pictures!

Pro tip. schedule it as early as possible in the morning.

#9 CTMuleman

CTMuleman
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

They do a digital at 40 now? Did they do away with the old thumb up the pooper? :undecided:

yeah um, what do you think they mean by digital?  digit of a finger  :rolleyes:

#10 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,893 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

Night of a thousand waterfalls. :eek:

The propofol is great for the three seconds before lights out.

#11 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

Damn. Well I still got 4 years to hope they find a better alternative to check out the old pooper. :lol:

yeah um, what do you think they mean by digital?  digit of a finger  :rolleyes:

#12 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

Procedure at 11-12ish.   Light lunch afterward.      Do you think going on an agressive 2hr Mt Bike ride later that night is a bad planning?    Like 5:30pmish?       it'll probably rain and get postponed anyway, but I was wondering if it's even a consideration at all?

#13 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,614 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

i don't think you should, but if they remove any polyps, absolutely not.    wait and see, at best.

#14 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:35 AM

I have been getting them every 2-3 years since 1987, I have had some close calls due to family history.  As long as I keep it up I don't get cancer.

#15 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,969 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:46 AM

I've had 2.  first one 10 years ago.  The prep is unreal...

They had rolled in a monitor and asked me if I wanted to watch.   I think that is the standard joke.  I was out 10 seconds later....

digital....  you funny terrapin.

#16 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 422 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

it'll all work out fine. :rimshot:

i had a "double header." colonoscopy and endoscopy, back to back.  besides the "prep," i remember nothing more than seeing both hoses hanging there prior to the procedures.

#17 PieDoh

PieDoh
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,469 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

you got this eddie!

had a colonoscopy a couple years ago...no polyps, pictures were cool..

#18 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,512 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

good luck EZl!!

#19 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

That was easy.      I had the colonoscopy done, and there were no issues.   

The Dr's office was a major colonoscopy production house.    Three Dr's going at it hard...people all over the place, in for the same thing i was there for.      As such, the had their shit together (for lack of a better term).    They operated like a well oiled machine, and got people in and out of there.  

To put me out, they used the sedative that killed Michael Jackson:  Proponol.     I can see why he liked it.    Took me down in seconds.     Next thing I knew, i was waking up, encouraged to get dressed, and leave!!

My buddies were awaiting me, we went right to a pizzeria.    The ride there was amuzing, becuase all the air that they pumped inside of me to inflate my colon was coming out.         I didn't power-dine, even though I wanted to.   I kept it tame with only 2 slices.    Once we got home, i capitolized on the residual loopiness of the Proponol with a little partying of my own.   made for a groovy afternoon.

I even managed to be productive an get my neighborhood 4 mile walk in.

Anyway, back to your regularly schedule programming.     Yeah, the worst part of this is the prep, not the procedure.    No pain at all. 

#20 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,546 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

Tabbooma is requesting flowers and possibly a reach around when he gets his. Glad it went well ;)

#21 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

Tabbooma is requesting flowers and possibly a reach around when he gets his. Glad it went well ;)

I talked about this thing pretty matter of factly with some of the folks at work...many are guys in their late 20's to 30's.    I was really surprised at how many of them were very vocal about being dead against having Dr's put fingers or scopes up their butts.       (which sounded like me at that age).          To some extent, I actually felt that by talking about it openly and frankly, I may have dispelled some of their fears or something.   Talked some sense into them ("if all it takes is a finger or a scope to head off a real problem, them man up, bend the fuck over, and get it done").    Being one of the older guys in this office, I'm like the only one they know who had to go thru this...      Reminds me of when I was the first kid on the block to Poke Smot.  LOL.    Although Poking smot is far cooler than having a scope up er bum, any day of the week.

#22 -Q-

-Q-
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

It's a non brainer to get this done. I had my last week my older brother never did. :-( it can save your life

#23 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

I'd like to say "lolEddieKebab", but I fear this is in my not-too-distant future. 

#24 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,619 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

I talked about this thing pretty matter of factly with some of the folks at work...many are guys in their late 20's to 30's.    I was really surprised at how many of them were very vocal about being dead against having Dr's put fingers or scopes up their butts.      

What's wrong with people?

This simple procedure could be a life saver.

#25 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

The world's most expensive sex toy! 

#26 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,893 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

I don't like the old white glove test I get annually, but it can be a life-saver. My doctor just keeps going until I'm pinned against the wall and can't move away from him. 

Last time I told him he should be buying me dinner and a movie first. He said, "I'll light a candle and put on some Barry White."

#27 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

It only took three technicians to chase me around room and put on the heavy restraints yesterday, but they got it done despite my hysterical crying and all the heavy objects I threw at them.   Insurance may cover the procedure, but probably not the damage to their facility.   LOL.

#28 Ketel1

Ketel1
  • VibeTribe
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

here's a little hint for first timers...or your next one in 5 years....

use a little vaseline on your pooper.  Near the end when all thats coming out is acid it will save you from lots of soreness and ouchieeeeeee! That liquid gold hurts like a mofo......

#29 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

I go in singing Backdoor man and shoot finger guns and wink at the nurses when I sing the little girls understand line.

#30 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,997 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

guys think it will make them gay, or something

:dunno:

(or maybe they're afraid they'll like it)  :eek:

That is just ridiculous. 

Glad all is well Eddie!   :)

#31 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

here's a little hint for first timers...or your next one in 5 years....

use a little vaseline on your pooper.  Near the end when all thats coming out is acid it will save you from lots of soreness and ouchieeeeeee! That liquid gold hurts like a mofo......

thanks for the timely advice   LOL.   Yeah, my normal 60 grit generic TP was not my friend after a while.

#32 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,964 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

Digital means the Dr. goes all the way up to the watch.

Burberry-Sport-Digital-Watch_1.jpghttp://www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp

Dingleberry Sport Model. :lol:

#33 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

:shocked:

#34 Ketel1

Ketel1
  • VibeTribe
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

thanks for the timely advice   LOL.   Yeah, my normal 60 grit generic TP was not my friend after a while.

Sorry for my tardiness, I just read your post today!  Glad all went well!!

#35 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,903 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

good luck eddy. 

did they let you keep the polyp?

#36 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

once the droogs kick in there is no remembering, so there is nothing to be afraid to like, well except the droogs.

i didn't even seem to have any bad reactions to the prep,  

#37 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

A facebook meet up in my hometown with a girl who I went to school with from 3-9th grade but hadn't seen since the 80's revealed she worked for my old GI Doc who I have had maybe 4 procedures done when she was working for him, thankfully she wasn't assisting my doctor any of those times.  

Not a job I want someone I used to play truth or dare with as kids doing.

#38 Lostsailr

Lostsailr
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

Just had my second (follow up was today actually) All good.

Doctor roofied me good, so all I remember was the anesthesia nurse pushing the plunger and sweet bliss after that.

Really not that bad.  even hitting the john all evening wasn't too bad.... just made sure to stay up late enough to be able to sleep in 1-2 hr spurts (pun intended)

#39 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,420 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

did they let you keep the polyp?

nope. i assked butt they had to send it out for biopsy

the doctor was a real character - straight out of a seinfeld episode. remember when morty gets his wallet robbed in the doctor's office?

they did provide me with a locker to put my valuables in. i had to put on a paper dress that was open in the back and do the walk

of shame down the hallway. totally humiliating. 

#40 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,619 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

i had to put on a paper dress that was open in the back and do the walk

of shame down the hallway. totally humiliating. 

Lots of places will give you a robe to go with your dress.

#41 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,420 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Lots of places will give you a robe to go with your dress.

that wasn't offered. they did offer me these paper booties to put on my feet since i had to remove my socks.

i declined as the paper dress was emasculating enough.

#42 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

i thought they protected my dignity about as well as they could have.   I had to change into the backless cloth robe in the relative privacy of the curtain surrounding the bed.     And once I was in the robe on the bed, I was covered with a big blue sheet.     The whole bed was wheeled into the "procedure studio"...       I didn't have to do any walks of shame.         When it was all over, the bed was already back in the curtain enclosure.   I was handed my clothing and told to get dressed, and be gone.

#43 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

And fart out all the air because they blow up you colon like a ballon.

#44 Nuthatch

Nuthatch
  • VibeTribe
  • 640 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

For next time..............I try to schedule mine for Monday mornings (or any day after a day I am at home).  Then you can have a full prep day as opposed to a "start the prep at 5pm" day.  You really want to make sure you are fully "cleansed".  Afterwards (for this procedure or the endo), It usually good to eat probiotic yogurt or other pb foods.

Glad it worked out for you, you will always remember your First!   :)