Photo
- - - - -

Now there're as many states that have approved same-sex marriage as there were states that seceded from the Union Halfstar reutrns the day DE appoves

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,916 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

Top 11 states Ranked in alphabetical order

1. Connecticut

2. Delaware

3. Iowa (This really kicks ass, midwestern oasis)

4. Maine

5. Maryland

6..Massacusetts

7. New Hampshire

8. New York

9. Rhode Island

10. Vermonnt

11. Washington

special mention: District of Columbia

I want to see Hawaii, California, Oregon, Colorado, Michigan, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, North Carolina, New Mexico, Florida and New Jersey join the list in the next two years.  Bummed the Minnesotans voted it down.

#2 hippieskichick

hippieskichick
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,728 posts
  • LocationAlbany NY

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

It will be a cold day in hell before a few of those legalize it, unfortunately. Too much of a religious stronghold. It may even become legal on a federal level before they make any state actions. I grew up in the south, and they're always dead last to change anything like that. 

Eg: Mississippi didn't legally abolish slavery until '95. And that was mainly because someone noticed it, and made a stink. I will tell you from first hand experience, in the south there are many many people who still wish that hadn't happened.

And the same goes with gay marriage. It may become legal, but there will forever be people out there who see themselves as a higher class than others.  :angry:

#3 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,916 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

Legislators in Minnesota (whose voters voted it down in November) and Illinois are voting on the issue this week.

I know Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina etc won't support marriage equality but if North Carolinans can vote for an African-American for President, they might vote for marriage equality.

#4 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,916 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

Well welcome to the terrordome royal