Ever just felt so lost

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 forestdancer

forestdancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:33 PM

In the past two years my life has change so much. I was dating, a guy i had a crush on in HS.. 10 years later, who also had a kid but that does not bother me (I love them both very much). I was living with friends, going to concerts, festivals. I was happy and so much in love. I noticed the more in love I got the more some friends pulled back but it wasn't that bad. Then as some of you know I got real sick at vibes ended up having cancer and going through surgery and chemo. During that all I moved in with my boyfriend, and closer to my family so they could help take care of me. Most of my friends back off even more to the point of barely being there. I was so sick to care at the time. Then I got better started going back to work, became engaged, bought a house. Starting to get happy again after all that happened. Getting married in a couple months. I have amazing family, in-laws. But super close friends are lacking. I have 1-2 closes one (thats gram-man) But I barely get to see them. My best friend over about 8 years barely talks to me anymore. I thought of writing her a letter about how I feel cause I dont think I could do it face to face right now. I see my friends moving on in there lives and not including me and it hurts. Not sure what I did or it just part of the changings of time. Now my life is work which keeps me so busy, fixing up the house, t-ball games. I love my fiance but i'm so out of it I sometimes take it out on him and thats not far.

Not sure what I am asking here. I just needed to vent instead of cry at work. Thanks for listening!

#2 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:11 PM

(((((((((((forestdancer)))))))))))) :heart: It's real hard to be left behind. I think you should definitely reach out and let your friends know what you've been through and that you're ready to become a part of their lives again.

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:02 PM

(((((((((((forestdancer)))))))))))) :heart: It's real hard to be left behind. I think you should definitely reach out and let your friends know what you've been through and that you're ready to become a part of their lives again.

This, as well as remember our lives are all moving and changing, it could be you that has gained a different life perspective that is leaving them behind. Friends come in and out of our lives over time and the deepest friendships seem to be able to weather the outs and pick back up without skipping a beat when the timing is right. Maybe it is time to look towards developing some new friendships based on your new awareness and place in life.

All best in finding the balance that is best for you. :heart:

#4 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,078 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:14 PM

:heart:

#5 Jabadoodle

Jabadoodle
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,611 posts
  • LocationBoston MA

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:04 AM

I usually don't read this forum, but I happened in here tonight and, well, forgive me...

Time changes things and friends fall away. It defiantly can suck. Though my situations aren't
too similar to yours, I've been thinking lately about all the close friends I once had that now
we just don't connect like we used to. Anyway, do what's in your heart, but I wouldn't write
a letter if it's going to come out like you're chastising her for not being close anymore. Rather,
reach out to her, maybe even a couple of times if necessary. Try to rebuild a new friendship
with her based on now.

I'm sure you are grateful for what you have, but let me say this anyway. To me, you seem blessed.
You have a beautiful child or two in your life. You have a partner that you love and that loves you
back. You have family that takes care of you when you need it. All of that shows that you are a
good person, which many people are not but are striving to be. You even have a good friend or
two, even if they aren't at hand. That's a lot.

#6 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:31 AM

sounds as if you have a busy life! make sure you make time for YOU. reach out to your friends..hopefully you can reconnect..or make some new friends.

#7 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:52 AM

Adapting to changes....it's hard. :heart:

#8 forestdancer

forestdancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:18 PM

Thank you all so much for your reading my vent, your words and love! My world has changed more than them. It took me so long to get to happiness and it was with them now I have to re-adjust after all that has happened and its not easy. I am very grateful for all that love me and are in my life! And very grateful for all of your and your support

Thanks you!

#9 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:45 PM

:heart: :dance: :heart:

#10 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,729 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:11 PM

:heart:

#11 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,451 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:22 PM

(((forestdancer))) i hope i have a chance to meet you at vibes this year :) :heart:

#12 forestdancer

forestdancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:26 PM

(((forestdancer))) i hope i have a chance to meet you at vibes this year :) :heart:

yes I am going!!! I am volunteering so i can afford it! and camping by Gram-man

nervous cause none of my old crew is going but excited to meet some amazing people!

#13 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:52 AM

make sure you come by to visit us! :heart:

#14 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:35 AM

nervous cause none of my old crew is going but excited to meet some amazing people!

Looking forward to meeting you!!

#15 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,701 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:11 PM

me too! :) :heart:

#16 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

Sweet, you'll be right near us too! We'll make sure you have lots of fun. :)

#17 forestdancer

forestdancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:34 PM

It was great meet all of you that I got to meet! See you again next year! :heart:

#18 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:56 PM

great to meet you too!!! :)

#19 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:27 PM

:heart: :smile:

#20 mamapajama

mamapajama
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:00 PM

I think you are even more awesome than I had already gathered here. Thank you for sharing Weds. time with us and for giving us our first (and so far, only ;) ) golf cart ride when it was most needed.
-Kerri