• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Beth

Beth
  • VibeTribe
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hey Now Boardies,
   I bet someone here might know the answer to this.....We have a RV pass and are going VIP for the first time this year. We also have someone who is disabled and needs a mobility scooter. Because he has the scooter now we don't need to be really close to the field but we do need to be up on the east side for accessibility. Does VIP kind of guarantee we will be east side or should we get a handi- pass too? I'd rather save the Handi camp pass for someone with a regular weekend camping pass who really needs it.      
         Thanks for any advice. See you in July ! 
                   Beth

#2 hippiechickme

hippiechickme
  • VibeTribe
  • 671 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

VIP is usually right next to handicamp on east side!

#3 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,467 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

yup, you should be fine...just mention to the parking person that you need to be in a spot as close to the paved road as possible...it should be fairly easy to accommodate as there are paved roads all around VIP...see you in VIP :D

edited to add: der! you are RV, too so you will almost assuredly be on a paved road...no worries whatsoever! :wink:

#4 cassady

cassady

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 18,221 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

officially answered....:) <3

#5 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

VIP is usually right next to handicamp on east side!

This.  You'll be just a little bit further away in VIP than handicamp, but it REALLY depends on the SIZE of theRV you're bringing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but If it is less than 25' (in which case you don't need a RV pass), they will let you park the RV in VIP (except you can't use a generator).  If it is over 25', you will be parked on the waterfront and will be considerably farther away than VIP or Handicamp. If you are parked in RV camping on the water, you need a RV pass and you can use a generator.  In this case, you'd still have access to the VIP swag, showers, tent, meals, platform, etc., you just wouldn't be parked in VIP.

#6 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,467 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

sean, there are rvs over 25 feet parked along vip camping on the road, ie taboomas...i am sure that if they show their handicapped placard that they will be accommodated...i would think? maybe a call to the league office to double-check might be in order to ensure no surprises? :dunno:

#7 cassady

cassady

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 18,221 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

ummmmm...................guys?

again......

officially answered.... :) <3

#8 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

Wait. Who are you? a voice of authority? I ain't buying it :funny1:

#9 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,357 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

He's keeping secrets from us.   :sad:

#10 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Yeah, and what is the answer?

ummmmm...................guys?

again......

#11 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,525 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:39 AM

Yeah, and what is the answer?

Soon   :duck:

#12 Beth

Beth
  • VibeTribe
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

Thanks all , 
    Question answered promptly in PM. Soooooooo excited !  Just have to say again....Vibes is the most accessible festie around. We also do daily dialysis treatment in the camper. Our first trip doing it away from home was Vibes last year. We were very nervous but everything worked perfectly and we got to enjoy all 4 days (and nights  :bigsmile: ) For the first time in a decade.
          See you all in July, Stop by the sunset creek camper( with all the String Band stickers) for cocktails !
                                      Peace,
                                       Beth and Bear

#13 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,553 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

:smile:    :dance: