I need validation

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,824 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

that I'm on the right path, following something good, treating others well.  I wonder how God feels about me taking all these man-made medications.

#2 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,030 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:39 AM

Similar to the way he feels about man made clothing, housing, tools, etc.  :heart:

#3 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,731 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:01 AM

Well I don't worry about God, but I am always happy to see you are not jumping off things.  I am sure those man made things help with that.  

#4 Jabadoodle

Jabadoodle
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,558 posts
  • LocationBoston MA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:03 AM

Similar to the way he feels about man made clothing, housing, tools, etc.   :heart:

:thumbup:   It's all god's works, right? You're god too, Ryan.  

#5 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,973 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

Ryan.... I know your on a good path. Your a good man you treat others well and you are a fine example for others to follow.

As far as the man made medications...... They are always a work in progress.

Stay strong bro :heart:

#6 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,032 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

Don't let the switch of seasons fool you. (btw, most meds are based in plants)

This is the voice of God. I say April to June is statistically peak suicide season, so if you're thinking of messing with something, don't do it now, 'cause you're way too smart for that. And I love you and I want you to take good care of you, and Natalie and your parents, and you again, because you're a kind heart.

#7 Phinnegan

Phinnegan
  • VibeTribe
  • 265 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, NJ

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

I feel compelled to interject that if we're speaking of the Magian God (the God of the Hebrews, Christians & Muslims, Yahweh, Elohim, Adonai, Allah), then the question is moot - the thundergod becomes all at once, as it was, is and ever shall be: such a being would be devoid of personal feeling, completely consumed by His Omniscience, and hence would hold nothing against His people - you can see it in the way that He pardons his errant disciples even if He also condemns them to Hell (Sheol just gets a bad rap by the way - it's its own kind of paradise, with whores of Babylon & tricksters & riffraff: sound familiar?)....

And if we're speaking of The God which is solely a metaphysical projection of our Unconscious, the question is also moot, since no feeling can survive in the Wilderness of Our Mind....

So the question seems to come back (as allways) to us - are we not happy enough with the product of our selves in the here & now?

And if the answer is no, then there are an infinite number of possibilities as to how to change that! Not one!

I myself have been nearly miserable for years, but I relish in the agony!

I'm preparing my Self for The Afterlife of this particular Here & Now (Central New Jersey) when I will sell everything I own & free my mind of The Entrapments Of Coincidence on my Heroic Journey back to The Heaven Of The Otherspace (California)....

As allways, the question is where is the journey leading us - to Hell (Central New Jersey) or Heaven (California)....

Or somewhere in between (the mountains)?

But maybe this is just The Me Of April speaking....

Anyway, I'm here for you too if you need a different perspective; or a hug; or a ride to California....

And I'm definitely certain that any deity worthy of our cognizance doesn't care how many drugs you need to feel sane as long as you glory in the essence of your being!

#8 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

Been asking myself similar questions lately, Ryan. I Sometimes wonder if there might be more organic or self motivated alternatives (diet, exercise, etc.) to my biological systems' need to attain better "balance". . I'm sure I could implement more of these, but since I've bought into the "I'm too busy for that" mentality of modern life, I will continue to feed the pharmaceutical corporate beast and eat their candy, until I decide to do better by myself...On the plus side, I've had physical and emotional stability for about a decade, so the damned little pills seem to be effective...

#9 PieDoh

PieDoh
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,523 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

heal the body and the mind will follow.

#10 Phinnegan

Phinnegan
  • VibeTribe
  • 265 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, NJ

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

Or, as George Clinton would say:

#11 Lostsailr

Lostsailr
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,335 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

isn't messing with meds when things seem pretty good, the classic start of big issues?

The question may best be asked of a psychiatrist.

Keep safe, 'cause you seem pretty good to me now.

and for validation, take your parking stub to the hotel service desk.

:heart:

#12 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,731 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

isn't messing with meds when things seem pretty good, the classic start of big issues?

The question may best be asked of a psychiatrist.

Keep safe, 'cause you seem pretty good to me now.

and for validation, take your parking stub to the hotel service desk.

:heart:

This.   take your pills.  Well not the answer to all of your problems they certainly help.

#13 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,114 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

God is prolly proud of you brother...he's big on those who help themselves!

#14 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,824 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

I appreciate the concern and get the muisunderstanding but I wasnt saying that I'm gonna quit/alter my medications. I took the time to get letters from my Doctors so I can bring meds into Mountain Jam and Gathering Of The Vibes.  I'm staying medicated, so I can see all of my friends at festivals :) :) :)

#15 Lostsailr

Lostsailr
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,335 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

I'm glad Ryan. Seems like trying any natural alternatives would best be tried with medical supervision.

I equate meds a bit to things like glasses.  If you need them to see more normally, why would one deprive themselves of them?

While I hold little trust in the Pharmaceutical companies, a good dr. seems to be able to help balance some of the imbalances.

I've known more than a few who decide to opt out when things are good, hence my earlier concern.

Take care of yourself.  Want to see you happy and healthy this summer!

#16 megmyster

megmyster
  • VibeTribe
  • 987 posts
  • LocationNo place, like the right time

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

You've got good people surrounding you~ that's validation enough!

#17 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,604 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

Says it all right there :)

You've got good people surrounding you~ that's validation enough!

#18 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,032 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

Exactly, lostsailr. Meds are glasses that help the brain see clearly. Nutrition balancing, exercise, inner work, therapy, can all help, as well. Anyway, ryan, i posted a pic for you on fb of a local car rental company. And you're doing great, comparitively speaking ... Today, in CO, a bipolar father of 3 with PTSD from being an EMT in a war zone wrote his own obit, went missing, and the police have found his car near a lake, but they haven't found him yet. Another friend's SO had a heroin relapse, the other night. Spring is springing up everywhere. Love and strength to all making effort to prevent the other shoe from dropping, despite lots of stuff going on.