Photo
- - - - -

Educated guesses or confirmed day/time slots?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#51 VSCT

VSCT
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

how do we know it is a sat. slot?

#52 T_Bone1

T_Bone1
  • VibeTribe
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

That's an interesting point.  If we assume the Crowes are Sunday night then maybe the Roots are the Saturday night non-traditional band?  But TTB and Phil are still definitely Friday.  Grace Potter is 4pm on Saturday.  We are still missing a band for before Phil on Saturday night even if Phil/Roots are playing the slots occupied by Primus/STS9 last year.   

#53 TheOriginalSuburbanHillbilly

TheOriginalSuburbanHillbilly
  • VibeTribe
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Would be nice, but ....

He plays Mohegan Sun July 24th

Actually the 24th is a Wednesday. The 25 he'll be in Boston and 27th in Brooklyn. He was just added to a bunch of festie dates, I think it's a real possibility...

#54 VSCT

VSCT
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

right so plant for friday night?

#55 CTMuleman

CTMuleman
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,981 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

Would be nice, but ....

He plays Mohegan Sun July 24th

Actually the 24th is a Wednesday. The 25 he'll be in Boston and 27th in Brooklyn. He was just added to a bunch of festie dates, I think it's a real possibility...

:lol:  The venue name is Mohegan Sun!

Realistically there's no possibility of Plant at Vibes this year.  There's no way either promotor would allow a competing show so close by within a few days.

Too bad as he'd make a nice addition to the lineup!

#56 neurotech

neurotech
  • VibeTribe
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

David Byrne. It must be.

#57 neurotech

neurotech
  • VibeTribe
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

David Byrne.

#58 T_Bone1

T_Bone1
  • VibeTribe
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

I don't know.  He's playing two shows in New Jersey, one in New Haven, 1 in southern Mass, and 1 at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester.  All during June.  Also why would they announce him now (or soon?) but not when the lineup was initially revealed? 

#59 neurotech

neurotech
  • VibeTribe
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

He has a new album coming out in September, and is playing at least one other festival in early July: 

80/35 Music Festival in Des Moines, Iowa

#60 notfadeaway

notfadeaway
  • VibeTribe
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

This is a great thread! I really appreciate the sound sleuthing going on. Not to mess w/ anyone but...why are you insisting we are looking for a Saturday night closer? Other than recent tradition w Janes and Primus? Phil is listed as headlining 2 nights- I'm assuming they are the closers both nights. They won't play the same night as DSO (Thiursday). So, does Phil play Fri-Sat or Sat-Sun? You see in either case I think he closes Saturday night. I think this crazy big yet-to-be-announced act could close either Friday or Sunday.  Or am I wrong? BTW- great work to assume contractual obligations might be a performance clause due to proximity and good to look at other acts in the area. But I remember Janes Addiction not having another east coast gig and actually a tiny tour starting w/Vibes. Peace!

#61 T_Bone1

T_Bone1
  • VibeTribe
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

The Black Crowes are closing out Sunday.  It's the only day the have open.

So right now we've got:

Thurs:

DSO (traditionally a pretty light day and always headlined by DSO)

Friday:

Phil & Friends

TTB - saturday not free and sunday already stacked

Galactic - artist website

Railroad Earth - 2:30 artist website

John Scofield - artist website

Saturday

Phil & Friends

Grace Potter at 4PM

Roots(? lower on the card than Grace - so presumably they play earlier)

Sunday:

Black Crowes - only day free

John Butler Trio - confirmed by artist website

So when you look at Saturday night and Ken Hayes statement about another headliner coming - I think its pretty certain that they'll add a headliner there for the Janes/Primus slot.  I wouldn't be suprised to see one more sub-headliner for Friday night too. 

#62 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,995 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

Randy Orton vs. Big Show

Chris Jerico vs. Fandango

#63 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,764 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

please god let them be wrong about the crowes playing sunday :plain:

they are SOOOO not a band appropriate to rage to then hop in a car and drive, IMHO

just sayin :dunno:

#64 VSCT

VSCT
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Ok so looks like there is a sat and thursday slot still open.

WSP would be nice!

#65 T_Bone1

T_Bone1
  • VibeTribe
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Wow my breakdown was dead on!  Artist announcment on June 10th absolutely screams Mountain Jam conflict.  I bet its Panic or Mule with the smart money on Panic.  

#66 T_Bone1

T_Bone1
  • VibeTribe
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

Still slots on Thursday and Friday with a headliner TBA on Saturday.  By the way, I love this lineup - tons of great music on there. 

#67 Bcore15

Bcore15
  • VibeTribe
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

So anyone still think Robert Plant wont be added i bet hes the major announcement they hada wait to give the Mohegan show some tickets

#68 VSCT

VSCT
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

I am digging the lineup as well. 
There is obv. some conflict thus why we wont find out the major artist till june. Ken even said so.

I imagine it is a mountain jam conflict.

Either way cannot wait till July.

#69 VSCT

VSCT
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

Wow my breakdown was dead on!  Artist announcment on June 10th absolutely screams Mountain Jam conflict.  I bet its Panic or Mule with the smart money on Panic.  

Yeh I cannot imagine Mule having a reason to not announce until after mountain jam. On the other hand if VIbes announces WSP is playing MJ has a ton to lose.

So yeh I agree money is on WSP.

#70 T_Bone1

T_Bone1
  • VibeTribe
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

No chance its Robert Plant.  He's playing in Brooklyn on Saturday night (which is the night Vibes needs a headliner) and promoters won't allow him to headline a festival in Bridgeport the same week he's playing at Mohegan Sun. 

It's most likely someone at Mountain Jam.  The June 10th announcement date is the Monday after Mountain Jam ends.  Its way too big of a coincendence.  Plus Ken Hayes said its contractual reasons why they couldn't announce the headliner earlier.  Mountain Jam would have a clause in their contract preventing the announcement of another festival date within the area.  It's gotta be WSP, Primus, Gov't Mule, Avetts, Lumineers, Franti, or Dispatch.  Panic's current tour ends July 20th in Alabama.  Primus was there last year and 3 years ago.  Mule seems unlikely since they are in Europe through the 21st and then Warren is going some shows out west with symphonies starting on July 30th.   I'd assume they are rehearsing from the 22nd through the 29th.  Avett Bros and Lumineers are booked.  Franti and Dispatch are outside possibilities.  

It's gonna be Panic.  I'll bet anyone a beer.  You can name 5 bands and I'll take Panic, loser buys the winner a beer at Vibes.   

#71 CTMuleman

CTMuleman
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,981 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

Yeh I cannot imagine Mule having a reason to not announce until after mountain jam. On the other hand if Vibes announces WSP is playing MJ has a ton to lose.

So yeh I agree money is on WSP.

MJ likely prevents any of its headliners from announcing other competing festivals until after MJ. That would include Mule regardless of Warren's affiliation with MJ. Mule also has a June 2nd date at Ives in lolDanbury. With that being said, I think Warren will be preparing for the Western symphony shows and that it won't be Mule. I hope I'm wrong!

Franti is my guess. Everyone jump!

#72 happypixie

happypixie
  • VibeTribe
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

Tom petty makes sense. That would make alot of campers happy.

I think Crowes on thurs would make more sense. Campers only show means they will sell more campers tickets (even if they do not camp) Sunday many of the tribe has to leave early so they will miss out on it,

#73 VSCT

VSCT
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

On Sunday Vibes usually has a CT resident discount. Like $20 for the day. Thus having bands like the Crowes will draw a lot more CT folk out for the day.

Also keep in mind it isn't until recent that there have been more and more bands on thursday.

#74 T_Bone1

T_Bone1
  • VibeTribe
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

I was banging the Tom Petty drum very loudly.  But now that his Beacon shows have sold out (so there's no reason to not announce him now) and that Vibes has said a major announcement on June 10th (of all dates, why this one? Mountain Jam ends the 9th).  I don't think its gonna be Petty.  Is Franti a major artist?  Not to me and I hope not to the Vibes bookers.  I still think it's gonna be Panic. 

#75 happypixie

happypixie
  • VibeTribe
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

shhhh don't pop a girls bubble. :) It still could be tom.

Panic would be great. I like franti not sure if he is major. But he does do a fun show.

I am still holding out hope for tom till told other wise :)

#76 Sensei Miller

Sensei Miller
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

Franti would be a good interlude so that people in the crowd can know exactly how good they're feelin', but alas I don't think he's big enough for all the hooplah. 

#77 T_Bone1

T_Bone1
  • VibeTribe
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Well Vibes has confirmed on their facebook page that its not Tom Petty or Panic.  Which 1.) has me very bummed and 2.) has me fearful that its Franti.  It could also be Dispatch.  Those two have the obvious Mountain Jam connection.   

Joe Bonamassa popped onto my radar because of his beacon theatre shows on May 16-18.  Those still haven't sold out, that could be the hold up.  Bob Seger's Mohegan Sun show is this weekend.  I don't know why they'd wait a full month after the show to announce him to lineup.  Plus he's off the road starting at the end of May.  Yes is out they added a Saturday show in lovely Holyoke MA.  BB King's Fairfield show passed, so I think we can take him off the radar.  

So that leaves my potential guesses as Franti, Dispatch and Joe Bonamassa.  I don't see any other legit possibilities though.  Anyone else have any ideas?

The other contractual conflict is possibly a band that's going to announce their summer tour but hasn't yet.  So they don't want their Vibes appearance to be announced until their other shows are announced. 

#78 happypixie

happypixie
  • VibeTribe
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

I am now thinking...hmmm they said huge......could it be????

fat+albert+junkyard+band.jpg

#79 T_Bone1

T_Bone1
  • VibeTribe
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

Pearl Jam or John Fogerty?  Can a little boy dream?

#80 VSCT

VSCT
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

Well Vibes has confirmed on their facebook page that its not Tom Petty or Panic.  Which 1.) has me very bummed and 2.) has me fearful that its Franti.  It could also be Dispatch.  Those two have the obvious Mountain Jam connection.   

Joe Bonamassa popped onto my radar because of his beacon theatre shows on May 16-18.  Those still haven't sold out, that could be the hold up.  Bob Seger's Mohegan Sun show is this weekend.  I don't know why they'd wait a full month after the show to announce him to lineup.  Plus he's off the road starting at the end of May.  Yes is out they added a Saturday show in lovely Holyoke MA.  BB King's Fairfield show passed, so I think we can take him off the radar.  

So that leaves my potential guesses as Franti, Dispatch and Joe Bonamassa.  I don't see any other legit possibilities though.  Anyone else have any ideas?

The other contractual conflict is possibly a band that's going to announce their summer tour but hasn't yet.  So they don't want their Vibes appearance to be announced until their other shows are announced. 

Link? I saw nothing on the facebook page

#81 Bcore15

Bcore15
  • VibeTribe
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

Maybe Govt Mule they get back from overseas a week before

#82 T_Bone1

T_Bone1
  • VibeTribe
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

https://www.facebook...&type=1

#83 VSCT

VSCT
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

yeh not gonna believe it.

Would they really say yes it is this band.

#84 T_Bone1

T_Bone1
  • VibeTribe
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

You are right they wouldn't say yes.  But they wouldn't say no if it was.  They'd just remain silent. 

#85 VSCT

VSCT
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:31 PM

not always the case. I speak from experience. Anyways we will just have to wait and see

#86 neurotech

neurotech
  • VibeTribe
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

Interestingly, in response toy prior guesses I got responses of "no" or "not this year". However, in response to "David Byrne", they replied, "Dream!" So what do you make of that?

#87 T_Bone1

T_Bone1
  • VibeTribe
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:20 AM

not always the case. I speak from experience. Anyways we will just have to wait and see

I'd be thrilled if you are right.  Maybe they are trying to lessen some of the WSP chatter since it looked so obvious that it was him?

Byrne has a ton of tour dates in the Northeast in June but he also lives in Brooklyn and doesn't have any dates during Vibes weekend.  He's possible but the June 10th date doesn't make much sense for him. 

#88 VSCT

VSCT
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

Bryne would be awesome.

#89 neurotech

neurotech
  • VibeTribe
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

June 10 could make sense if the venues that had shows previously scheduled have concerns that provides could divert people to vibes from their shows. His summer tour starts the next day, June 11.

#90 Bcore15

Bcore15
  • VibeTribe
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

David Byrne is open and Govt Mule is a long shot but no one else at Mountain Jam is really available or fits the slot

#91 neurotech

neurotech
  • VibeTribe
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

Wallflowers are doing a bunch of shows and not that weekend but I don't know if they are HUGE. Stones are too HUGE.

#92 T_Bone1

T_Bone1
  • VibeTribe
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

David Byrne is open and Govt Mule is a long shot but no one else at Mountain Jam is really available or fits the slot

Dispatch

#93 Bcore15

Bcore15
  • VibeTribe
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

Artist with special guests i dont see Dispatch doing that but Mule and Byrne always brings friends along

#94 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

I'm going with Kid Rock or Madonna

#95 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Black Crowes show in Cooperstown on 7/26 has been rescheduled for Sept.

#96 T_Bone1

T_Bone1
  • VibeTribe
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Artist with special guests i dont see Dispatch doing that but Mule and Byrne always brings friends along

Why do you think there will be special guests?

#97 T_Bone1

T_Bone1
  • VibeTribe
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

Black Crowes show in Cooperstown on 7/26 has been rescheduled for Sept.

Interesting, hopefully Vibes is shuffling things around.  It could be a postponement initiated by the Cooperstown venue though. 

#98 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,764 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

i doubt it has anything to do with vibes...they havent changed the line-up on the links here :dunno:

altho i think a slot right before phil on fri would have been awesome

but what do i know :dunno: :funny1:

#99 Bcore15

Bcore15
  • VibeTribe
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

Why do you think there will be special guests?

http://ctboom.com/wh...t-announcement/

The vibes organizer said himself on the radio

#100 T_Bone1

T_Bone1
  • VibeTribe
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Was he more explicit in the radio interview?  Because I can read that article to mean that there's special guests but not necessarily with the major headliner.