New York Politics - WHAT A WEEK!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

what a fucking shit show... REPs and DEMs arrested all over the state. 

It's a little crazy over in Ramapo and Spring Valley these last couple of days, along with Clarkstown.

I've been paying most attention to the local Clarkstown Issues (Savino's hiring and perceived cronyism from the town board) so I've been on the Patch.  You can probably find this same text at other websites, but it's the overall view of the initial arrests from Preet Bharara, USDA, Southern District of NY. http://newcity.patch...m-nyc-to-albany.  There's a rabbit hole full of articles with different details over the last couple of days. I can't even really keep up. 

They are starting to link these deals back to Hassidic "developers" from Monsey that currently owe CitiGroup $126m, and will most likely keep singing like birds to keep themselves out of jail (and once they are there). And I'm sure most of these low level politicians will be singing as well.

None of this is really "news" as anyone in NY realizes the corruption is layers upon layers more than this, but it is refreshing to see the Fed getting involved, especially in the fucked up little universe that is Rockland County / Town of Ramapo / Town of Clarkstown.  Unfortunately I'm sure that Cuomo will play some chips before this gets to the level of St. Lawerence or Gromack, but we can hope.

:beer:

#2 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

NY politicians are corrupt? No way! :lol:

I've been following it. The best one is the Republican councilman that quarterbacked bribery to get a dem on the repub ballot for mayor. :lmao:

Tell me more about how we have a "two party" system. :lol:

#3 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

yeah man... so awesome. :lol:  and using fraudster Hassid's to bankroll the whole thing.  one google search on Mark Stern and you know more than well enough to stay away.

I love Bharara's words today after they announced Stevenson too (however empty they may actually be): "If you are a corrupt official in New York, you have to worry that one of your colleagues is working with us and that your misdeeds will be reported and reported to us, and that it will be that much harder to escape punishment," Bharara said.

Read more: http://www.dnainfo.c...k#ixzz2PWYFfxe0

#4 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,459 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

As a resident of loillinois, I just have to lean back in my chair and say "El.  Oh.  El."

:funny1:

#5 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,586 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

As a resident of loillinois, I just have to lean back in my chair and say "El.  Oh.  El."

:funny1:

This kinda lookin' like Double A ball to folks in your part of the world? :)

#6 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,459 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

This kinda lookin' like Double A ball to folks in your part of the world? :)

No shit.  About time you Easterners started to catch up.

#7 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

SWEET, the FBI raided Ramapo Town Hall !!!

OMG if they could take down St. Lawrence that would be FUCKING INCREDIBLE.  

what a cesspool it is over there.  this guy is one of the most corrupt around.  he's blatant, he's arrogant, and he's owned by the bloc.  

I really hope this is a direct action as a result of one of his bloc members singing while in custody.  I'm sure that dude they got form Monsey last month isn't trying to save anyones ass but his own.

please please please let this have some teeth.