Details of CT Gun Control Measure Which Will Pass This Week

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 17,431 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

If I weren't planning to move out of state in the near future, I would be planning to move out of state in the near future...

No sense in my debating the issue, as we've covered it already, but for folks who are interested:

http://www.wtnh.com/...de#.UVohKld3BjZ

#2 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

Lol @ #1, it's up to the individual to register?

On #2 "closing the private sale loophole"....so if I buy a gun from my neighbor I run my own background, he runs it or the magical dragon runs it?

#4....ten rounds max....

Ah screw it, either it's crappy reporting or a half ass law (created without thought or intent) or both. 

#3 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,577 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:37 AM

"Only 7 states and the District of Columbia have any limits on the legal size or use of ammunition magazines. The definition of those regulated large capacity magazines (“LCMs”), with regard to the threshold capacity, varies. New York recently went down to 7 rounds, but apparently is going to go back up to 10. Maryland is at 20 rounds, and may go down to 10 via a Senate bill currently pending in the House. New Jersey and Colorado are at 15 rounds. California and Hawaii are at 10, but the Hawaii law only applies to handguns.

Under the bill, Connecticut will now join these states. An LCM will be defined as one that can hold more than 10 rounds."

Doesn't D.C. have some of the highest rates of gun violence?

This will do absolutely nothing to reduce gun violence and if I read that correctly, those possessing one of these illegal magazines will be charged with a class D felony? I just looked up the class D felonies in CT. People I love would go to jail with other felons who have been charged with other class D felonies like:  "Enticing a minor" "strangulation"  "sexual assault in the 4th degree" identity theft and robbery. .

just what the privatized prison system needs: more felons.

#4 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,128 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

just what the privatized prison system WANTS: more felons.

Ftfy.  :smile:

#5 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,015 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

It's just more professional psychopath grandstanding for their endless mob of uneducated sycophants. In the end, the govt. will get it all. People in large majorities (ones of course, who have a nasty case of statism) absolutely love this shit. So there it is.

:dunno: