4 miles in 30 minutes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chelonian Princess

Chelonian Princess
  • VibeTribe
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Started something new in my fitness routine-running! I have been running on the treadmill at the gym since November. I run 30 minutes and see how many miles I can do. When I first started I did 2.5 miles in 30 minutes. Today was my fastest run. I did 4.1 miles in 30 minutes. Do you time yourself? I have been thinking of running a 5K this summer!

#2 hippieskichick

hippieskichick
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,887 posts
  • LocationAlbany NY

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

That's a pretty decent clip!  :clap:  I've never been a distance runner myself, no matter how much I try. I'm better at short burst stuff. 

I did, however, recently get a pair of the barefoot running shoes, and although my pace is a little slower than normal (5.5-6 vs 6.5-7 mph) I can run for longer distances, so maybe they are the key. I bought myself a nice treadmill last fall, and I'm wanting to work up to a 5k soon. I think I'll give my new barefoot shoes a go at it, once I get totally used to them. 

#3 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 699 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

Started something new in my fitness routine-running! I have been running on the treadmill at the gym since November. I run 30 minutes and see how many miles I can do. When I first started I did 2.5 miles in 30 minutes. Today was my fastest run. I did 4.1 miles in 30 minutes. Do you time yourself? I have been thinking of running a 5K this summer!

If you are planning on running 5k, I STRONGLY recommend getting outside more often and getting off the treadmill.  Running on a treadmill does not simulate what you can actually do outside.  It's apples and oranges.  I'm not trying to be pesimistic, but I also don't want you to be discouraged when the time comes for your race.  Trust me - been there.

Having said that, congratulations!  Keep up the great work. 

#4 Ahmet Adoudi

Ahmet Adoudi
  • VibeTribe
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

That's very good. Adoudi likes the runs too.