Photo
- - - - -

Best Inflatable Chairs/Couches, Camping Chairs?

chair couch inflatable camping furniture comfort matress

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vibesquestions

vibesquestions
  • VibeTribe
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Does anyone have suggestions for a couple that is looking for the best festival inflatable "furniture" out there in terms of comfort, quality/reliability and ease of transport? Or even some unique non-inflatable camping chairs.

I was looking at Amazon and this inflatable couch and air mattress both have high ratings but would much rather hear some real feedback, maybe there are some other places or websites with something better for a music festival. Links are below for the ones that potentially look good.

Ideally we'd like to have something we can use at the campsite, an air mattress for the tent that will comfortably fit two people (I'm 6ft, she's 4'11'') and will stay inflated at least through the night, and something that we could bring to the concert area so that we can be comfortable through many hours of Phil, maybe doze off for a little bit if need be.

I know we've all seen some cool stuff out there at shows, now where do I find it?

Inflatable Sofa for campsite / concert area:

http://www.amazon.co...=I2OVTXFI28UZQN

Inflatable mattress for the tent:

http://www.amazon.co...=I3NGL0CIUOC3F7

Suspiciously cheap inflatable chair with high ratings:

http://www.amazon.co...=A1TWKI2370UMZV

#2 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

The neighbors last year had inflatable couches, seemed to work good, Tabbooma likes his coleman camp chairs... ;)

#3 Mindbender

Mindbender
  • VibeTribe
  • 190 posts
  • Locationby the waterside

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Re mattresses: I have several Coleman Queen-size inflatables, have used them indoors only but they've lasted for years. Of maybe four or five of them, only the oldest one has any leak and it's very slow - a 200-lb guy still has air in his mattress in the morning, but could use a touch of reinflating for night #2.

iirc they come in two types of "thickness" (i.e., height off the ground) - more is better.

Full disclosure: I <3 pretty much all Coleman products, ymmv.

#4 deadandgrateful

deadandgrateful
  • VibeTribe
  • 834 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Large inflatable whales... For raping...

#5 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Muaaahh ha ha haaahhh!!

1209-huntsman.jpg

#6 kenbud

kenbud
  • VibeTribe
  • 247 posts
  • LocationDub V

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Re mattresses: I have several Coleman Queen-size inflatables, have used them indoors only but they've lasted for years. Of maybe four or five of them, only the oldest one has any leak and it's very slow - a 200-lb guy still has air in his mattress in the morning, but could use a touch of reinflating for night #2.

iirc they come in two types of "thickness" (i.e., height off the ground) - more is better.

Full disclosure: I <3 pretty much all Coleman products, ymmv.

I got my double stuff queen air mat, love it. you wont be laying on the ground. Make sure to pump it up every morning after sleeping or before you go to bed to keep firmness. With it being hot in tents the plastic stretches a lil more.

Chairs, I stick with the fold ups with bags/slings to carry em around. Coleman has many fine "fat ass" chairs for better leg(ball) room. 

I'm with ya, almost everything I got is coleman, I was gonna take a picture last year (should have since something have broke since then, crappy fan/lights) to send in with all this coleman shit to see maybe I could get a festie sponser. :) 

I've seen inflate couches, but never heard good things. mostly some ass with a smoke pokes a hole in it or something lame like that. 

#7 VSCT

VSCT
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

I have both of these, and I know of some other boardies who do as well.

Love em

http://www.amazon.co...nflatable chair

and

http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_sg_2

The couch price is awfully high right now. I think I paid $40, so you might want to shop around.

#8 hippieskichick

hippieskichick
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,765 posts
  • LocationAlbany NY

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

Seems like anything inflatable outside of your tent, in general pop, is at a huge risk. I couldn't see anything lasting the entire weekend, unless you're camping off by yourself, and you/your group is the only ones near it.

I like those double seater foldy camp chair/couches - those are pretty cool, and might be fine to go park it in for some jams...

#9 luciano

luciano
  • VibeTribe
  • 13 posts
  • Locationnew york

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:20 AM

i have purchased several inflatable chairs and sofas but unfortunately none of them were really any good, the folding chairs at sports authority are pretty easy to lug around and a lot more comfortable. but if u really want luxury and can carry it around the zero gravity chairs are really cushy but they will set u back about 45-70 bucks but they are pretty durable

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chair, couch, inflatable, camping, furniture, comfort, matress