• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#51 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Melissa just txted me: Holy shit Mom just called from dad's cell
I txtd back: yup, it's a whole bunch of crazy wrapped in withdrawal and sprinkled with denial. I'll txt you when Dad gets home so you can call him on the home phone

#52 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

The Judge remanded Mom to a locked inpatient facility for a term of no less than 30 days and only her Dr can say when she can be released.

#53 wookie luvvah

wookie luvvah
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Nothing wrong with that right now.  <3

#54 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,657 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

P. I am so sorry. You strike me as such a strong person, but you should haven't to be this strong.

Thanks for sharing so we can support you.

xoxoox

#55 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,590 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Thoughts n' prayers that she puts the time to good use. <3

#56 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

She's gonna hafta talk to the staff in order for that to happen :/

she asks them "are you an md?" and if they say no, she turns and faces the wall until they leave

#57 Lostsailr

Lostsailr
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

<3 <3 <3

#58 Slarti

Slarti
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

Slarti healing vibes have now been cast out in your direction, which I think is to the southwest :)

#59 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

all my best wishes for you and your family, pa. :heart:

#60 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,775 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:32 AM

Hang in there, mama. Glad she's in a safe place.

#61 Janine H

Janine H
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

Holy crap! So sorry for what you're going through. Ugg , your kids must be so confused...sending <3

#62 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,346 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

<3

#63 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,859 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

:heart:

#64 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

tired. just tired. The Dr described her opiate and valium levels as "Saturated"    my sister and I went through and calculated that in less than 48 hours, she took 13 oxy's, and since March 5th, she's gone through more than 200 valium

She's totally delusional. She thinks my Dad is doing this to her because he wants to get rid of her, she thinks Melissa and I are plotting to take her stuff, she thinks she went to the hospital because she fell and the Dr's are holding her there because my Dad told them to. Melissa and I had to divide up everyone in her cell phone contact list and call them and explain "if you've gotten any phone calls from Mom between Sunday and Wednesday morning,,," She called my 85 year old Mema and told her that Daddy was planning to kick her out, that Melissa and I were stealing her stuff behind her back, that she wanted a divorce, that she was going to kill herself and my Dad, so Dad Mel and I have been calling Mema on a daily basis. She INSISTS that she's going to press charges on her friend Linda and have her arrested and jailed for touching her meds without her permission, she INSISTS that she's going to file reports on Mandy and Phil (the cop) for filing false reports and lying,,it's just insane. I have no idea how much the withdrawal is talking and how much the bipolar is talking. It's just vile and hard not to take personally

#65 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,590 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

((((PA and Fam))))

<3

#66 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,146 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

She's totally delusional. She thinks my Dad is doing this to her because he wants to get rid of her, she thinks Melissa and I are plotting to take her stuff, she thinks she went to the hospital because she fell and the Dr's are holding her there because my Dad told them to. Melissa and I had to divide up everyone in her cell phone contact list and call them and explain "if you've gotten any phone calls from Mom between Sunday and Wednesday morning,,," She called my 85 year old Mema and told her that Daddy was planning to kick her out, that Melissa and I were stealing her stuff behind her back, that she wanted a divorce, that she was going to kill herself and my Dad, so Dad Mel and I have been calling Mema on a daily basis. She INSISTS that she's going to press charges on her friend Linda and have her arrested and jailed for touching her meds without her permission, she INSISTS that she's going to file reports on Mandy and Phil (the cop) for filing false reports and lying,,it's just insane. I have no idea how much the withdrawal is talking and how much the bipolar is talking. It's just vile and hard not to take personally

Might be a good idea to take her phone away for the time being.  Any chance her doctor can help with that?

#67 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,095 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

(((Ravn)))

Love, Strength & Fortitude

#68 PieDoh

PieDoh
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,341 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

hoping she is feeling more rational.

#69 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,538 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

The Judge remanded Mom to a locked inpatient facility for a term of no less than 30 days and only her Dr can say when she can be released.

Sometimes you have to put someone in a safe place with medical supervision.

#70 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,761 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

i'm so sorry you & your family have to go through this, ravn :heart:

i hope your mom gets the help she needs :heart:

#71 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,441 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

#72 hippiechickme

hippiechickme
  • VibeTribe
  • 670 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Hoping you and your family have a better day today. 1 day closer to healing!

#73 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,775 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Sometimes you have to put someone in a safe place with medical supervision.
This. I second taking the phone. It'll be harder for her to paint pictures that do nothing but hurt the people trying to help her most is she's not able to call people. And staff may be able to trade compliance for phone privileges.

I'm so sorry you're seeing her go through withdrawals. I know how hard it can be. The suicidal mom thing ... Since she's in a place whereshe shouldn't be able to succeed, hopefully this, too, shall pass. It was just the full moon, the other night, so that should stop being a factor, at least for another few weeks. And in a few weeks, it'll be less wd, which'll be great.

It is the change of season, and for some people, that's a switch (usually to mania, but not always. Sometimes the depression just lifts.). If it's too hard or it hurts too much to visit and listen to what the wd is making her say, it's really okay to take a day or few off, look after yourself, your own family, cook for your dad, etc....... You know this isn't really your mom. Wd's like a freaking demon, and she's going to be possessed, for a while. You are stronger than this, because you know it's temporary. That said, don't martyr yourself. You will know what to do. Trust yourself and love yourself. You're worthy.

#74 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,859 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Such solid, wise words Sarah :heart:

#75 foo

foo
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

<3

#76 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

I love you guys :heart:

I've stopped answering her calls from the hospital.  She gets phone priviliges from the phone by the nurses station twice a day, but I just can't deal with listening to her talk bad about my Dad, calling my sister in law a queer bitch, accusing my sister and I of doing this so we could steal her stuff

I just can't

#77 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,248 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

Yup don't take her calls. Listening to that stuff is just validation to her. I hope u get some time to relax peg

#78 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,775 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

Yup don't take her calls. Listening to that stuff is just validation to her. I hope u get some time to relax peg

Yeah. Maybe hurt your knee, or something, so you have to chill out for a couple of days. <3 ;)

#79 Slarti

Slarti
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

hi SarahB :)

#80 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,775 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

hiya, slarti! :) Please send my love to all. :)

#81 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,590 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

I love you guys :heart:

I've stopped answering her calls from the hospital.  She gets phone priviliges from the phone by the nurses station twice a day, but I just can't deal with listening to her talk bad about my Dad, calling my sister in law a queer bitch, accusing my sister and I of doing this so we could steal her stuff

I just can't

Boundaries. They are good. <3

#82 pixiebug

pixiebug
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

:heart: love can be really excruciating at times.

#83 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

we went to visit today, Dad and I.  I didn't want him to be alone

holy shit, she's still fucking delusional. She's chatty and friendly, but she still INSISTS that she's going to see Linda thrown in jail for touching her meds and she INSISTS the reason she's in treatment is because of her trichotillomania, even though she hasn't pulled her hair in YEARS :(

#84 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,775 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

Sure, mom. trichotillomania. If she'll take meds for her trich ;), that's great.

Happy Spring! :)

trich or treat? :cheesy:

Love you. :) <3

#85 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

The good: She admitted she's addicted to pain pills and valium
The bad: The counselor told my Dad there is more "wrong" with Mom than we thought
The Ugly: The counselor said when she is lucid, she is very sweet and personable. But when she flys off the handle, it's really bad.

#86 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

you and your family have all the good vibes the curs and i can send your way. :heart:

#87 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,346 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

<3

#88 pixiebug

pixiebug
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

:heart: hope all is, at the very least, calm...