• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#51 smagnolia

smagnolia
  • VibeTribe
  • 365 posts
  • LocationRutland, VT

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

thats cuzz most of us lost many A ez-up at the last year at ILCC ;)

I'm guilty of that one.  Lost a brand new new that year, along with many others, as you've pointed out.  I think I spent all of ten minutes in it~

#52 IT_Buzz

IT_Buzz
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

I haven't lost one yet, but I do tend to lose almost anything I lend out at Festies*.

*Festies = A new delicious cereal packed with all of the minerals and vitamins a festy-goer needs! Pick some up at your local festival today!

#53 Sensei Miller

Sensei Miller
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

Sorry for the bippity BUMP!  But...

La Casa dePot is having a sale on 12 foot plastic gutters.  They're like $7.

I never thought of putting a gutter on the EZ-UP until I saw it mentioned here and it's a freakin' great idea if you ask me.  Go ahead, ask me.  I'll tell you it's a great idea. 

No more funneling rain on to the front third of your nice tent!

The plastic gutters are light, cheap, and easy to rig however you want.  Plus the 12 foot length makes it perfect to hang at a slant and drop water a foot aside of standard 10 ft EZ-UPs. 

I'll probably punch a few holes in mine and rig it up with some ties and/or clips.  Also considering getting two and cutting both into 4 foot segments for easy transport.  Then just clip 'em together so they're slightly overlapping etc...

#54 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,370 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

the gutters work so well for velcro cuz we have 6-8 ez ups all together and in a thunderbobby situation, there was always a spot or two that just became a waterfall :one:

but it certainly is a great idea even if you only have one...just be mindful where you are funneling the water to :wink: :lol:

#55 Sensei Miller

Sensei Miller
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

That's the beauty of it...I funnel it all the way to the baseball field where I've rigged a $1 WookWash. 

In seriousness, absolutely!  Be mindful of your neighbors!  Having 2 helps you to divert the water to an appropriate location. 

lol @ "ThunderBobby Situation"... that's a serious little situation indeed.

#56 CTMuleman

CTMuleman
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

I never thought of putting a gutter on the EZ-UP until I saw it mentioned here and it's a freakin' great idea if you ask me.  Go ahead, ask me.  I'll tell you it's a great idea. 

The plastic gutters are light, cheap, and easy to rig however you want.  Plus the 12 foot length makes it perfect to hang at a slant and drop water a foot aside of standard 10 ft EZ-UPs. 

I'll probably punch a few holes in mine and rig it up with some ties and/or clips.  Also considering getting two and cutting both into 4 foot segments for easy transport.  Then just clip 'em together so they're slightly overlapping etc...

You have the right idea.  Try rigging it up at home to get the technique down.  Don't want it interfering with fun time!

pro tip: Schmoop buckets make great downspout receptacles!

#57 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,901 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

That's the beauty of it...I funnel it all the way to the baseball field where I've rigged a $1 WookWash. 

In seriousness, absolutely!  Be mindful of your neighbors!  Having 2 helps you to divert the water to an appropriate location. 

lol @ "ThunderBobby Situation"... that's a serious little situation indeed.

What wook would pay $1.00 for a wash?

#58 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,901 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

Thanks for the tip, I'll be heading to HD this weekend.

#59 Sensei Miller

Sensei Miller
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

Oops, I was unclear. YOU pay the Wook a dollar for them to take a shower.

#60 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,901 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

Oops, I was unclear. YOU pay the Wook a dollar for them to take a shower.

You could fool a couple of them, the ones that don't know what a shower is.  

#61 EyesOfTheWorld

EyesOfTheWorld
  • VibeTribe
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:15 PM

Posted in the wrong spot earlier. Looking for something really light and easy to carry — anyone have any experience with the Quik Shade Go Hybrid Backpack Canopy? Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

#62 bostonhibiscus

bostonhibiscus
  • VibeTribe
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:48 AM

We got a great Coleman easy up with battery operated lights in it.  Only cost about 75 at Target.  Good luck in your search. 

#63 VSCT

VSCT
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

This is the weekend to buy ez-ups. Most stores will have them on sale for the 4th of july.

#64 Sensei Miller

Sensei Miller
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

Awesome pro tip!

I loves me some EZ Ups.

The Colemans really are quality products. The added privacy/wind walls are great add-ons.

#65 VSCT

VSCT
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

just in quickly looking dicks sporting goods, and sports authority have them on sale

#66 OpusX

OpusX
  • VibeTribe
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHartford

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

I really recommend dropping 20 bucks at Job Lot and getting yourself a cheap rug to put under the EZ up.  

#67 Sensei Miller

Sensei Miller
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

Yup! Went yesterday, and the plastic-style outdoor mats are $12.

Also lots of great golf umbrellas. I snagged a Calloway 60in for $10. Normally 50.

#68 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,882 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

i scored a basic blue ez-up brand from kmart for $60 a few years ago.  no issues so far & seems pretty sturdy.

Those are awesome...paid about the same...been treating them like crap for years and they keep doing the job!!!

#69 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,882 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

I really recommend dropping 20 bucks at Job Lot and getting yourself a cheap rug to put under the EZ up.

I keep telling myself that and never do... This is the year!!! Awesome idea!

#70 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,229 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

Yeah - those little Seaside Park ankle biters can be a real bitch.

Especially at night.

#71 Sensei Miller

Sensei Miller
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

Are you talking about bugs or lot kids?

#72 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,229 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:14 PM