• 2,675 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

I don't want him to grow up to quick

#52 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,743 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

I didn't want Emelia to grow up quick either, and she turned 10 months old yesterday.  So yeah.  :lol:

#53 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

Mine turned 18 3 weeks ago. :lol:

But I still have a 2 year old to enjoy.  I recommend having multiples at all different stages of your life..:lol:..if you can. 

Our nightly routine now consists of 5 minutes of Lego building before we go to the crib.  She is so damn adorable.

#54 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

10 months already!!!

Wow, that flew by.

His routine has taken a turn for the needy. I am breast feeding him in bed because the little porker has gotten up to 13 lbs and is hard to hold even with the boppy pillow. But he will not fall asleep or stay asleep unless he is next to me.

Please give me advice to fix this one.

#55 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

There's nothing to "fix"  <3

#56 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 21,597 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

Agreed.  Sounds like you are doing just fine.   :heart:

#57 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

Ok.

Question: has anyone used the Ferber method of self soothing?

#58 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,743 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

We did a variation of it.  Emelia has always been a perfect sleeper, and then around 7/8 months, she didn't want to go to bed and we had to rock her.  We wanted to get out of that habit, so we would put her down, let her cry a few minutes, go in, pick her up, she'd stop crying, put her back down, leave, let her cry a few, go back in, etc.  until eventually she just fell asleep.

Now when we put her down, she goes right to bed.

I couldn't imagine doing a full on cry it out for 30 minutes.  Just awful!

I know it works for some, but I don't think it would have worked for us.  What we did seemed to do the trick!

#59 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 21,597 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

I know it works for some, but I don't think it would have worked for us.  What we did seemed to do the trick!

That's exactly the thing.

What works for some does not work for others.

I have 3 girls and I had to take different approaches with each of them.

Even with the most experienced parents (if there is such a thing) it's all trial and error.

So just try to relax and don't worry about what the books and the "experts" say.

Take the advice that works for you and forget the rest.   :smile:

#60 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

I think in going to do a vartion. I would never let him cry for that long.

I was just wondering what has worked for others

#61 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

that method sounds a lot like what I used to do.  Go in, let him know you're there.  Rub his back.  Go back in a little while later than the first.  Just keep doing that and he'll get the deal.

#62 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:51 AM

St what age did everyone start to get your babies to self soothe?

#63 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,301 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

Not for a month or two for me. I think at this time I did a wicked lot of laundry and ran the dishwasher a lot- would put them in the stroller by the machine and let the white noise keep them sleeping....before they had those nifty white noise cds. :lol:

#64 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

I do a load of baby laundry almost every day. :lol: Last night he was so sick that after 3 hours of trying to get him to sleep I put him in his swing and he drifted off.

#65 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,301 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

Keep at it mama- aint nothing we tell you here going to change things or make it perfectly right for what you going though except to know- you're doing it excactly right mama. keep doing that. this early in the game all they need is leaning against mamas boob is exactly where they need to be. It's all you can do. Cuddle that baby. 

#66 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,301 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

Soon enough he's going to come at you as a man...so cuddle him him down while you can. :smile: 

#67 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:07 AM

I love to cuddle with him.

I just want him to be able to sleep without having my boobie or me right next to him. :wink:

#68 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

Well last night I started to get baby moon to fall asleep in his crib.

After 2 hours he did and slept till 6 am.

Only bad thing was that I slept that long too and my boobies are engorged. ;)

Pumping and happy to do so this morning!

#69 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

Well sleeping through the night was a fluke. :lol:

#70 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

Ok, two nights in a row he has slept through the night.

It is still a struggle to get him to fall asleep in his crib rather than laying with him till its dark and I can move him from our bed without waking him up.

#71 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,301 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

Remind me how old he is? If I remember he is still really little. I know my way was way different than a lot of peoples' ways... i feel like every family can say the same thing I just did because there are different factors for each that take a real importance where in other families not so much...So It's really important to me that nothing I say is ever taken in judgment, or even advice, so much as "this is what worked for me, given the circumstances I was under."

#72 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,301 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

I love to cuddle with him.

I just want him to be able to sleep without having my boobie or me right next to him. :wink:

Oh see :lmao: Yeah good luck with that. I don't know what they told you, but that's not how babies are built. 

Edit: That wasn't flip- that's having had two children- I don't know what else you expected it to be other than the primary source of everything that baby needs which is 1) nourishment and 2) comfort- all of which he gets from your tits. Babies need their mamas right next to them. All the time. It's how it is. Give into that- and you will sleep so much more, and so will he. 

I know the physicality of it all can wear on all of us mothers- It sure as shit did on me at the end of nursing my second, I was all - get away from me I need my body back...It just seems to me (and Ii really really hope you take this in kind as help and not judgement- cause mean is not what I mean, i promise....) but as a new mom- maybe try to let go of all some of the things you think you need to happen, or ways it needs to go that will work for you- and more let it go and listen to what your baby wants and needs and do that...go with that...you don't have to work right now right? So why do you need him to sleep through the night if you can sleep together peacefully midmorning? 

#73 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,301 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

At 4 months old you have decided to breastfeed as a primary source of nourishment- realistically you are looking at him sucking on your tit any  time he calls upon it until you decide otherwise. It is so worth it I promise you. Although I would love to hear in this forum of a nursing mother that fed on a schedule. 

Personally I fed them whenever they wanted, which saved me from getting up and fixing a bottle and tyring to rock them to sleep and then slipping them into bed without noticing I was gone. It was far easier for me to turn over when they cried, stuff a boob, sleep, oh did you need more? stuff a boob, sleep- woo hoo daddy has gone to work! more room in the bed! snuggle... fucking...who am i kidding- there's no fucking. that' not what this time is about. And that is perfectly okay.  

#74 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

He is four months old and for the past week sleeps through the night.

And I want him to sleep through the night so I can sleep at least 8 hours so I'm not tired all the time and give him the best care that can.

I also might not be working a job but have a lot of other things that I must take care of that would be easier if we all slept.

My biggest concern is not learning how to self soothe. He is starting to fall asleep in his crib just not on a regular basis.

#75 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

As for feeding he is having issues and started Zantac as well as probiotic to help him poop.

I hope once he can eat and poop without problems he will be happy again.

#76 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

So this kid does not want to fall asleep.

This continues to be a nightly struggle. Only good thing is he sleeps between 10-11 hours.

#77 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:21 AM

So, he's obviously falling asleep?  :lol:  10--11 hours?  That's pretty damn fantastic.

#78 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:51 AM

But I get what your saying.  It's work to get him to sleep.  10 hours.  amazing though.

#79 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

Yeah I'm freaking lucky he sleeps that long.

I also give him an hour of boobie time at bed time

#80 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

That's why he's sleeping so well.  Sounds like he's a smart little bugger.

#81 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:08 AM

Since we have been on the road for Canermans surgery he has begun to be hard to get down again. It's 10 and he is nursing again :(

#82 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

Update : baby moon is finally going to sleep at night without having to have me with him.

I waited until after the month of traveling with Cameraman for his surgery and our move to Brooklyn before I started his sleep training.

He is doing very well. He cries sometimes but nothing like it was before.

I find myself wanting to cuddle with him more during the day now. ;)

#83 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

yay!  Thanks for the update.  you're a great mama Tiff.  :)

#84 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

Thanks

The last few months have been crazy.

#85 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 699 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:55 PM

Our nighttime routine involves cuddles on the couch, 'Good Luck Charlie' and a whole lot of wet willies, nuggies and other childish stuff.  God, what happened to me?

lol.

#86 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

Sounds like nothing has really changed except now, you have someone that enjoys the same things you did/do.  :lol:

Fun, love and family~

#87 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

my evenings are a lil nuts right now.  the 2 1/2 year old (Ana) moved upstairs and has taken to her new routine.  However, she REALLY doesn't like going to bed without Mommy saying good night.  She'll also do typical 2 year old shit and fight for every second and minute before bed.  She will eventually get in the crib and cry it out for a few if I'm on bedtime assignment.  sometimes she reacts positively to Lisa going to her afterwards, sometimes she does not.  trial / error, rinse / repeat.

The (almost) 6 month old (Molly) gets her bath / bottle / bed right around the same time. from 6 -8 it's a juggling act,  depending on how tired / hungry she is, we decide the plan for who goes first

Molly will wake up at various times throughout the night as she figures out how to deal with an arm or two, and learning to self soothe.  Lisa feeds her somewhere around 4, which is further and further away from the 1-2am feeding a couple months ago.  Once we get past her need to eat in the middle of the night I think we'll be ok. (Lisa anyway, as she deals with the feeding / pumping / what have you.

neither Lisa or I plan anything, ever, from 6-8. it's all hands on deck.  dinner with the boys, or a night with the girlfriends starts at 8. :lol:

#88 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:31 AM

Our nighttime routine involves cuddles on the couch, 'Good Luck Charlie' and a whole lot of wet willies, nuggies and other childish stuff.  God, what happened to me?

lol.

That sound great