• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#101 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,816 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

unconditional still has to be within reason I think ... otherwise it's just a theoretical construct like an ideal gas

#102 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

I dunno that seems at face value not to be unconditional then.  Sort of like "I will love you no matter what.....unless it matters to me then I will not love you".  I'm not trying to beat a dead horse or in this case a dead concept....yeah I am.....someone get up on the soap box and change my views please. 

#103 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,386 posts
  • Locationjust outside the box

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:31 AM

I'm late to the party as usual. I agree with Captain...the pet bond is amazing and in my experience its always been unconditional.
I personally don't believe in unconditional love with people though. In my own personal view, there is always something someone can do to break your heart, break your soul, break your spirit, break the bond that holds two people to love, be they blood or romantic.

#104 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

my dad loved me unconditionally. i love my sons unconditionally. and my husband, as long as he takes the trash out and cleans the cat box occasionally. oh wait... 

;)

#105 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,585 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

:lol: Sums!

#106 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

Wow, what a question.

Unconditional love is loving someone no matter what with no expectations or requirements in return.

#107 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,565 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Unconditional love is never having to say you're unconditionally sorry :drool:

#108 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,962 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Love is a state of Being. 
Your Love is not outside;
it is deep inside you. 
You can never loose it, 
and it cannot leave you. 
— Eckhart Tolle
 —

#109 foo

foo
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

I love my child unconditionally. No mater what she does....I will always love her..

I will forever love her.  I love her with all my heart, always have and always will. 

example- if she killed MY mother my heart would be broken however I will love her till the day I die. 

#110 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,438 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

A broken heart has absolutely nothing to do with unconditional love. Someone mentoned that unconditional love cant exist with humans becuz there is always someone can do to break your heart...a "broken heart" is the pain that you feel when you have not let something go. Its the anger and fear of losing what was dear to you, what you relied on, and te "its not fair" or "what did i do" or "how could they do that to me"...all of that is ego bullshit that disappears the minute you let go and move on with the flow. We all have totty and transgress that stuff, and then you will find uncondotional love.

Anyone who is afraid to love because they fear rejection or "being hurt" bythe one they give love to should recognize the fear as the problem. No one can hurt you by withdrawing their love from you...becase no one can ever love you more than yourself, which is always there with you. At least this is tre for ME. YMMV

#111 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,762 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Nice, jwheelz. Thanks, everyone, for sharing. I appreciate it.

#112 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,639 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

A broken heart has absolutely nothing to do with unconditional love. Someone mentoned that unconditional love cant exist with humans becuz there is always someone can do to break your heart...a "broken heart" is the pain that you feel when you have not let something go. Its the anger and fear of losing what was dear to you, what you relied on, and te "its not fair" or "what did i do" or "how could they do that to me"...all of that is ego bullshit that disappears the minute you let go and move on with the flow. We all have totty and transgress that stuff, and then you will find uncondotional love.

Anyone who is afraid to love because they fear rejection or "being hurt" bythe one they give love to should recognize the fear as the problem. No one can hurt you by withdrawing their love from you...becase no one can ever love you more than yourself, which is always there with you. At least this is tre for ME. YMMV

this.

though, I might say that parents deeply wound their children by "taking love away from" them - it causes physical, emotional, psychological damage.

#113 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,762 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Wow, Hoagie. Have you gotten there?

#114 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,438 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

Wow, Hoagie. Have you gotten there?

Occasionally... :lol:

#115 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

My dog has unconditional love for me.

#116 Goodvibrations2013

Goodvibrations2013
  • VibeTribe
  • 110 posts
  • LocationWest Haven , CT.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

My dog has unconditional love for me.

#117 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,639 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

just saw this quote, made me think of your post and this thread

“I love, because my love is not dependent on the object of love. My love is dependent on my state of being. So whether the other person changes, becomes different, friend turns into a foe, does not matter, because my love was never dependent on the other person. My love is my state of being. I simply love.”
— Osho

#118 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

The Love people here have shown for me over the past Decade is a Perfect example of Unconditional Love.

Take Notes.

#119 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

The Love people here have shown for me over the past Decade is a Perfect example of Unconditional Love.

Take Notes.

nice

#120 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Its the love us weirdos have by handing over $180 for a Vibes early bird ticket not knowing what the lineup will be.

#121 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,962 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

1422561_748819378478596_842625120_n.jpg

#122 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,709 posts
  • LocationHawleyville, MA

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

i.e: This person is so good (to my values) that they are not capable of doing something so bad that I would't love them.

I don't think that is quite right. I think love is love. Period. It changes over time, based on things that happen and how we all change and grow over time. But love is love. If I truly loved you then, I love you now, regardless. If it has conditions, perhaps it is not really love?

But maybe I am naive. Perhaps if someone I love betrayed me in some horrible way, or murdered someone, my feelings would change. 

#123 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,962 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

Your emotions would most likely change, however unconditional love is not an emotion.

#124 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,762 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

it's knowing better than to hold on, but to embrace with open arms. :) sometimes it's letting go, 'cause one was holding too close.

#125 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,709 posts
  • LocationHawleyville, MA

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

What I am saying is that all love is unconditional, or it isn't really love.

#126 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,962 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

What I am saying is that all love is unconditional, or it isn't really love.

Amen