• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Hi friends and family,
Some of you already know how devastated NJ and Staten Island were and are from Sandy but getting lost in the news is Coney Island!! Specifically the Coney Island Museum and Sideshow Theatre that was built in 1912.
I myself have been donating my time and Carpentry skills every day that i dont have work. Sundays too. That is all i got ,but they need stuff i know nothing about like audio and theatre stuffs. If anyone knows about such stuff or is interested in helping that would be phenominal!!
Their website is Coneyislandusa.com They have an amazon wishlist but all the audio stuff is gibrish to me.

I really believe in this place and what they do. I am still a little Enthralled little boy of joy when in the crowd at one of their freakshows ,sideshows or burlesque revivals. Thank you for reading this!

#2 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,897 posts
  • LocationLong Beach, NY

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

good stuff roo! keep it up!

#3 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,546 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

great idea, i have an Amazon gift card laying around somewhere, and some of stuff on the wish list is really cheap.

http://www.amazon.co.../ref=cm_sw_su_w

#4 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,745 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

That's awesome, roo!!  Great stuff.

#5 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Thank you Drew ,Feck ,Rich!
I'm doing what i can. I have been posting update photos of the stuff i have built on my fb. Randy Roo
I would like to try throwing a benefit of some kind with music and food but i dont know how to do that. Some of the Audio stuff they need is really expensive. Breaks my heart to know they had perfectly good working stuff that literaly just got put in a garbage bag.

#6 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

My Grandmother Actualy told me she is proud of me when she found out!! Word for word! She grew up on W. 24 and the building is on W. 12.
Turns out as a kid she sold bags of confetti to partiers at the coney island Mardi Gras parade on Surf Ave!!

#7 cassady

cassady

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 18,191 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

<3 <3 <3

you're a good man randy!

#8 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Im glad you think so Butch because Erin and i saved something from the place just for YOU!! Thats why erin asked for your mailing addy!! <3

#9 cassady

cassady

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 18,191 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

awwww

nice!

#10 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 17,289 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Im glad you think so Butch because Erin and i saved something from the place just for YOU!! Thats why erin asked for your mailing addy!! <3

Was it a Shoot The Freak memento? 

#11 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Was it a Shoot The Freak memento? 

Nah nothing that spectacular! I just shoot him with rubber band or a slingshot loaded with a licked gummi bear

#12 noro

noro
  • VibeTribe
  • 545 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

I love that place

#13 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Today is weekend four ,Framing out the dressing room and metal stud for the new stage!

#14 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

<3 <3 <3

you're a good man randy!

This

#15 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:11 AM

This is going awesome! I was able to help frame out the new stage and decking for the new bar (unfortunately the old one was only months old when it washed away!) i had a rough draft blueprint to go off and had to use a Laser level to set the height off a centuries old floor Whew!! This weekend both sat and sun i started the custom from scratch (no plans or blueprints) framing for the shower and bathroom stalls in the performers dressing room. And today right back to work lol No rest for the righteous and weary.. So why cant i get a nap!? hahaha

#16 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

Great work Randy!     It's awesome that you are dedicating time and energy to helping rebuild such a cool place.

I have been to a few events at the Sideshow and the Coney Island Museum (film viewings, etc).   Great folks there :)

#17 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Thank you Karen!! I would give them more if i had it.

I really cannot wait for this seasons shows ,the friday night lineups are awesome!