• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 namaste

namaste
  • VibeTribe
  • 495 posts
  • Locationpine plains, ny

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:55 PM

Got started on my exercise with hula hooping. Question...it kinda hurts my hips, is this normal and will it go away? I do have fibromyalgia and hate exercise so am hoping that a fun thing will keep me motivated. Any ideas?
Karen

#2 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,039 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:57 PM

is it the hoop that is brusing your hips?

#3 namaste

namaste
  • VibeTribe
  • 495 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:50 PM

I think so, when it hits on the side of my hip it hurts, like a bruise, but there's no actual bruise

#4 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,039 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

You'll get used to it. I had that happen when I first started - it went away quickly :)

#5 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,727 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:59 PM

I remember my hooping bruises! :funny1:

#6 namaste

namaste
  • VibeTribe
  • 495 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:42 PM

It's getting better as I improve :) Thanks

#7 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,513 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

look at me, look at me, I'm bumping a 3 year old thread for no apparent reason!!!  :dance:

#8 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,030 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

:funny1:

#9 holysmokes

holysmokes
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

I almost bought a hula hoop for myself at the Troy Farmer's Market a couple weeks ago.  I really want to start hooping, it looks fun. Plus, it seems like it would be good exercise.  Are guys allowed to hula hoop?  I never see guys hula hooping!  What do I need to know about hula hoops before I purchase one?

#10 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,967 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

You should give it a shot, and hopefully you'll catch on better than this guy.

cops-hula-hoop.png

#11 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,030 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

I almost bought a hula hoop for myself at the Troy Farmer's Market a couple weeks ago.  I really want to start hooping, it looks fun. Plus, it seems like it would be good exercise.  Are guys allowed to hula hoop?  I never see guys hula hooping!  What do I need to know about hula hoops before I purchase one?

Wendi makes some sweet hoops.

#12 DanHeather114

DanHeather114
  • VibeTribe
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:27 AM

I'm Ressurecting the Skip it, cause I can't hoop. But im so psyched to see everyone rock it!

#13 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,268 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:11 AM

Some couple at High Sierra taught me the basics, at least with a really big hoop and if all you expect to do is keep it up and not look graceful.   :lol:

I'm hoping for the 201 class at Vibes.

#14 kaylierose

kaylierose
  • VibeTribe
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:12 AM

I'm Ressurecting the Skip it, cause I can't hoop. But im so psyched to see everyone rock it!

hell yeah!!!

#15 jabsz

jabsz
  • VibeTribe
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:22 PM

i remember i was at a show year 2000 new years in portland.  riding the plane there were more fbi guys than passengers because of y2k.  i don't know what would have happened if the computers shut down to make it a national security threat, probably just because we weren't scared to fly.  it was the first time i saw modern hula hooping.  some lady was on stage dressed in space wear and they were following the hooper like it was the most amazing thing they had ever seen.  i rolled my eyes and thought it was stupid, and wished i was somewhere beautiful for new years, like on an island looking at the moon.  well, 6 later i was getting ready for high sierra, and i found myself at the dollar store, with my boyfriend buying glow sticks, by that time fire dancing was all the rage, and i bought myself a hula hoop (made for kids, i didn't realize they made adult ones) and a pair of spinning things that don't light on fire.  what a dork!