We need to get these guns out of our schools

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

I'll sleep better at night once I know these types of weapons are off the streets

Day-Care Boy Threatened With Suspension for Lego Toy Gun

The mother of a 5-year-old Massachusetts boy who was threatened with suspension from his school’s after-care program after he made a gun out of Lego pieces and pointed it at other students says she believes the school mishandled the situation, but the district said the boy was disruptive and disrespectful, and it’s standing by its action.

Sheila Cruz, 33, of Hyannis, Mass., said this week that she was “dumbfounded” when she got a letter from Hyannis West Elementary School last. Dated Jan. 25, 2013, the letter, sent by the school’s day care program, said Cruz’s son, Joseph, had gotten his first written warning the day before for “using daycare toys inappropriately.”

“Please be reminded that a second written warning will result in two weeks out of day care,” the letter added.

Joseph’s offense? While in the school’s after-care program, he used Lego pieces to make a toy handgun. Joseph used the object to “taunt other students with it while simulating the sound of gunfire,” according to a statement from the Barnstable Public School district.

More

Of course it's going to be tough to take them all away
Gun Gesture Gets 6-Year-Old Suspended

#2 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,591 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Remember a number of years ago when toy guns were in the media as well?

#3 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Remember a number of years ago when toy guns were in the media as well?

Yup, while I thought it was silly, there are toy guns out there that are realistic looking enough that they could easily be mistaken for the real thing. Years ago my buddy and I had a car full of kids trying to fuck around with us using a toy gun, I don't think they'll ever try anything like that again   >:

#4 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,591 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

:eek:  I would bet not!

#5 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

When I was a kid in the 1970s, we used sticks on the ground as "guns" when we played outside. And if we couldn't find sticks, we'd use our hands with the thumb up and index finger out. 

What a world we have today. I think I was born in the nick of time to enjoy such freedoms as a kid. 

#6 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,525 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

they should give kids grenades in their lunchboxes