Photo

I really like Valentine's Day...anybody else?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 megmyster

megmyster
  • VibeTribe
  • 987 posts
  • LocationNo place, like the right time

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

I always was taught to celebrate with friends and family...make it a day to say thanks for them! Get to have nice dinner and share presents with both :-)  Got some decorations up...now just have to make some cards..! However...this year I do have a hot date :gregoir:

#2 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

tumblr_mbjwiefwVE1riyrfgo1_400.jpg

#3 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

I like Valentines day.   :)

#4 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

me too

#5 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,258 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

We really don't celebrate Valentine's Day.

Or Steak & BJ Day, come to think of it.  

Just the usual :heart: 365 days a year.   :smile:

#6 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

My mom always gave me a V-day gift.   I don't mind the day but it's not a mandatory to celebrate for me either  :heart:

#7 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,795 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Hallmark sure does!

#8 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,359 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

yup.  very much!  :heart:  

as a kid, my dad would always bring my sisters and i a single red rose and a little heart-shaped box of chocolate when he came home from work on Valentine's Day.  for my mom he'd bring a dozen roses and they'd always go out and do something special that night, just the two of them...which didn't happen often with 7 kids!  in our house, Valentine's Day was a day to celebrate love in ALL its forms.  i always liked that.  

Jason and i have our own tradition, rather than candy and flowers and gifts and whatnot, to instead make something heartfelt for each other each year that we can give to each other on 2/14.  the gifts we've made these last 5 years have become our most prized possessions - the things we'd grab first in case of a fire after Lucy, Sammy and Frodo were safe.  

for me it's the book he adds to each year telling our story with words and illustrations.  for him it's the little scrapbooks i make of photos of our favorite moments from each year, with little notes on love and happiness.  they tell our story and every year when we give them to each other on V-Day, we start from the beginning and relive all the moments that went into making us US.  it's a great tradition we started 5 years ago, and one we'll continue for...well, i guess for as long as we're physically able.  

so yes...i LOVE Valentine's Day, and eagerly anticipate it every year.  which reminds me, with only 2 weeks to go i need to get going on this year's scrapbook...thanks for the reminder!

:bouncey:

#9 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,359 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

it all started with this :grin:

P6060045.jpg

#10 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,945 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

I like valentines, I like the cards, the candy and celebrating with Megmyster.

#11 megmyster

megmyster
  • VibeTribe
  • 987 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Yes ry...we always have fun! Miss thug...you guys rock..!!

#12 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,359 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

you're not so bad yourself Megmyster :) :heart:

#13 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Sort of shitty of whoever created the event to but it in the dead of winter so people have to buy flowers.

#14 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,359 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

nobody has to buy flowers.  or cards.  or candy.  or anything for that matter.  you don't have to celebrate it at all if you don't want to.  and if you DO care to do something thoughtful for somebody on 2/14, it needn't be something you bought in a gift shop, or florist, or in an emergency grocery store stop.  to me that sort of defeats the purpose.  

i'm not saying store-bought candy and flowers and cards are thoughtless...in fact they can be really sweet depending on the giver and the spirit with which they're given :)  but with a whole world of sweet gestures available to me, they wouldn't be my go-to unless maybe i was making the candy, or picking the flowers, or creating the card myself.  

#15 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

nobody has to buy flowers.  or cards.  or candy.  or anything for that matter.  you don't have to celebrate it at all if you don't want to.  and if you DO care to do something thoughtful for somebody on 2/14, it needn't be something you bought in a gift shop, or florist, or in an emergency grocery store stop.  to me that sort of defeats the purpose.  

i'm not saying store-bought candy and flowers and cards are thoughtless...in fact they can be really sweet depending on the giver and the spirit with which they're given :)  but with a whole world of sweet gestures available to me, they wouldn't be my go-to unless maybe i was making the candy, or picking the flowers, or creating the card myself.  

Amen! <3 

#16 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,808 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

Not as much as Cap't Morgan I bet.  :rolling:

#17 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

I always was taught to celebrate with friends and family...make it a day to say thanks for them! Get to have nice dinner and share presents with both :-)  Got some decorations up...now just have to make some cards..! However...this year I do have a hot date :gregoir:

<3 cute. sweet. love.

#18 Goodvibrations2013

Goodvibrations2013
  • VibeTribe
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWest Haven , CT.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

I was always the one that never got a Valentines card in class..well, maybe one from the teacher..lol

#19 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

it all started with this :grin:

P6060045.jpg

Really cool idea...and very cute!  Prolly going to borrow/steal the idea.

In reference to nobody having to buy flowers, cards, candy....SOME (not me) people feel they have to in order to keep up with everyone else....like the people who have to buy the in fashion this or that.  While I don't feel the need to buy $100 roses (delivered), I got some really nice supermarket flowers last week for $3.47 that have lasted a week and I think 5 candle lit meals.  Prolly going to start growing my own since we have a grow light to keep plants alive during the winter and to start our outdoor garden early.  Also, post it notes beat the hell out of any store bought card IMHO and are so much fun to write and leave in random places.  Coming home to find one on the door for me or opening my work book to find one....so special.  Like wise leaving them all over for her to find is a great way to create smiles...and smiles are good. 

#20 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

yup.  very much!   :heart:

as a kid, my dad would always bring my sisters and i a single red rose and a little heart-shaped box of chocolate when he came home from work on Valentine's Day.  for my mom he'd bring a dozen roses and they'd always go out and do something special that night, just the two of them...which didn't happen often with 7 kids!  in our house, Valentine's Day was a day to celebrate love in ALL its forms.  i always liked that.  

Jason and i have our own tradition, rather than candy and flowers and gifts and whatnot, to instead make something heartfelt for each other each year that we can give to each other on 2/14.  the gifts we've made these last 5 years have become our most prized possessions - the things we'd grab first in case of a fire after Lucy, Sammy and Frodo were safe.  

for me it's the book he adds to each year telling our story with words and illustrations.  for him it's the little scrapbooks i make of photos of our favorite moments from each year, with little notes on love and happiness.  they tell our story and every year when we give them to each other on V-Day, we start from the beginning and relive all the moments that went into making us US.  it's a great tradition we started 5 years ago, and one we'll continue for...well, i guess for as long as we're physically able.  

so yes...i LOVE Valentine's Day, and eagerly anticipate it every year.  which reminds me, with only 2 weeks to go i need to get going on this year's scrapbook...thanks for the reminder!

:bouncey:

LOVE this!   You guys are the best :heart: 

#21 August West

August West
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,227 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

i once went to a wedding on Valentines day.  huge failure, the marriage not the wedding.

i remember valentines day 1990.  that sucked too.

that out of the way

wishing you a valentines day filled with silly little hearts and hugs and kisses etc...:heart:

#22 megmyster

megmyster
  • VibeTribe
  • 987 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

August...thanks for that trip down memory lane :lol:

#23 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,258 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

:lol:

555350_329653740472264_1904204560_n.jpg

#24 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,368 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

You'll probably think I'm Sir Grumpalot here, but FUCK NO!!!!

When I'm in a relationship it makes me feel stressed and pressured. And when I'm not it makes me feel lonely.

So I have to go with lose-lose for V-day!

#25 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,779 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

ditto jcs

poopy vee day :moon:

#26 megmyster

megmyster
  • VibeTribe
  • 987 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

JBetty...very funny ha!

#27 megmyster

megmyster
  • VibeTribe
  • 987 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

.....excited for presents and celebrating. Thanks in advance to all my loves :heart: :dance:

#28 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,873 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

If there's anyone in the world that should get exactly what they want,  it's thug. and I love her stories of love and tenderness and meaning to her...that V day is one of em is sweeter still because I bet you all she has an equally sweet story about how he makes her happy in the every day. Yay! Winning! I am so glad you found the man that loves you just exactly perfectly for you. It melts my heart and makes me cry tears of joy for you. Fuck you- making me cry and shit.

I imagine when that the one meant for me won't need a day specified to let me know how sweetly, tenderly, intimately, humorously, voraciously he loves me, and he does it anyway....I can take a hit- give it to me, I dare you, plunge your dagger in my heart! I'll live. And thrive. And open up to you and show you bounty like no other.=)

#29 August West

August West
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,227 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

I dare you, plunge your dagger in my heart! I'll live. And thrive. And open up to you and show you bounty like no other.=)

no wonder i dont understand this shit

is this what it really takes?

#30 August West

August West
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,227 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

#31 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

I have no idea either. I just tell her that i love her everyday, and rub her feet when she asks.

#32 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,079 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

I get my grandma flowers and my mom either flowers or a plant, depending on what's good at trader joe's. Love is for every day. My aunt used to get me chocolate and those Necco hearts, when I was a kid. I should get her some, this year.

#33 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 471 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

don't care for it at all.

#34 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,359 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

(((bounty)))

i love you Wit :heart:  will you be my (other) Valentine?  i promise i won't make you cry (much) :devil:

#35 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,906 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

When I'm in a relationship it makes me feel stressed and pressured. And when I'm not it makes me feel lonely.

what they said

#36 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,873 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

I was talking to cupid. It was meant to be poetic. :lol:

#37 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,906 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

, I dare you, plunge your dagger in my heart! I'll live. And thrive. And open up to you and show you bounty like no other.=)

I think you have to understand the code ... well...  plunge...that's plunge.   Dagger and heart...  you can figure that out, right?

:P

#38 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,873 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

(((bounty)))

i love you Wit :heart:  will you be my (other) Valentine?  i promise i won't make you cry (much) :devil:

:loveeye: I would love that.

#39 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Pippa and Maria are gonna be pissed!   :lol:

ditto jcs

poopy vee day :moon:

Yep, really cannot stand it!  Although, Thug and Kiltboy's tradition is pretty neato. :)

IMO, for the most part it's forced schmoop, over priced dinners, pressure to get gifts, etc..  Bleck, no thank you!  I'd rather stay home, make dinner and drink wine.  Wait, I do that most nights.   :lol:

#40 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,288 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Not really a fan, luckily the Lizzard doesn't think too much of it either. We'll get each other a card, usually they're joke cards.

We don't need a specific day designated to celebrate. But I am happy for my friends who are into the day!

#41 megmyster

megmyster
  • VibeTribe
  • 987 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Out of my thread haters..!! haha :-)

#42 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Out of my thread haters..!! haha :-)

Haters gonna hate.  :P  :lol:

#43 paco

paco
  • VibeTribe
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

not a fan. what julius said. lot of pressure, mostly artificial. 

#44 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,995 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Pippa and Maria are gonna be pissed!   :lol:

Yep, really cannot stand it!  Although, Thug and Kiltboy's tradition is pretty neato. :)

IMO, for the most part it's forced schmoop, over priced dinners, pressure to get gifts, etc..  Bleck, no thank you!  I'd rather stay home, make dinner and drink wine.  Wait, I do that most nights.   :lol:

THIS.

#45 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Pass

#46 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

thug i love that little pic - so cute and clever!

#47 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

If there's anyone in the world that should get exactly what they want,  it's thug. and I love her stories of love and tenderness and meaning to her...that V day is one of em is sweeter still because I bet you all she has an equally sweet story about how he makes her happy in the every day. Yay! Winning! I am so glad you found the man that loves you just exactly perfectly for you. It melts my heart and makes me cry tears of joy for you. Fuck you- making me cry and shit.

I imagine when that the one meant for me won't need a day specified to let me know how sweetly, tenderly, intimately, humorously, voraciously he loves me, and he does it anyway....I can take a hit- give it to me, I dare you, plunge your dagger in my heart! I'll live. And thrive. And open up to you and show you bounty like no other.=)

Awww.. That was beautiful, Wit.  <3 

#48 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Not as much as Cap't Morgan I bet.   :rolling:

:lol:  I know.  He is such a romantic... lol. 

#49 August West

August West
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,227 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

1000185.jpg

#50 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,258 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Plow Me  :lol: