Photo
- - - - -

QUESTION. How can an intelligent, educated person possibly believe astrology has any merit?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,812 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

"ROB BREZSNY. Many of the debunkers who're responsible for trying to discredit astrology have done no research on the subject. They haven't read smart astrological philosophers like Dane Rudhyar, don't know that seminal astronomers Johannes Kepler and Galileo Galilei were skilled astrologers, and aren't aware that eminent psychologist C.G. Jung cast horoscopes and believed that "astrology represents the summation of all the psychological knowledge of antiquity." 

The closest approach the fraudulent "skeptics" usually make to the ancient art is to glance at a tabloid horoscope column. To match their carelessness, I might make a drive-by of a strip mall and declare that the profession of architecture is shallow and debased.

That's one reason why these ill-informed "skeptics" spread so many ignorant lies. For instance, they say that astrologers think the stars and planets emit invisible beams that affect people's lives. The truth is, most Western astrologers don't believe any such thing. 

In his book "Cosmos and Psyche," Richard Tarnas says the planets don't CAUSE experiences. Rather, they are signals of the unfolding evolutionary pattern. Just as clocks tell time but don't create it, the heavenly bodies show us the big picture but don't make it happen. 

Quoting ancient Greek philosopher Plotinus, Tarnas writes "the stars are like letters that inscribe themselves at every moment in the sky. Everything in the world is full of signs. All events are coordinated. All things depend on each other. Everything breathes together."

#2 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

"Quoting ancient Greek philosopher Plotinus, Tarnas writes "the stars are like letters that inscribe themselves at every moment in the sky. Everything in the world is full of signs. All events are coordinated. All things depend on each other. Everything breathes together."

Love that!!!  

#3 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,660 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

I think so TEO... 10 years ago I was intelligent and educated and I believed that P*t was evil and worse for you than smack.

#4 JLP

JLP
  • VibeTribe
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

I heart Rob

#5 JLP

JLP
  • VibeTribe
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

"Quoting ancient Greek philosopher Plotinus, Tarnas writes "the stars are like letters that inscribe themselves at every moment in the sky. Everything in the world is full of signs. All events are coordinated. All things depend on each other. Everything breathes together."

Love that!!!  

me too Nikkiblue!