The NOT baby thread

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,217 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

I'm breaking up this little baby fest down here with this thread dedicated to everything not babies. :lol: :heart:

So I figured out the reason parents of teenagers often default to saying things like "Because I said so." Its because teenagers are just not rational human beings. They make no sense at all, and trying to reason with  one is folly- you're left either shaking you head in disbelief concerned about the havoc this young one will someday reap on the world, or pulling your hair out, so they default to saying simplistic things.  Case in point: I live with my teenaged daughter and son. That's it, just the three of us. I went to the bathroom this morning and hollered out to Jerry that he needs to put the seat down and he hollered back from the other room to me, "But I didn't even go to the bathroom!" to which I replied, "But the seat is up so you must not have put it down last time you used it." to which he replied, "It wasn't me I haven't even used the bathroom today!" :picardfp: "So it must have been Abby. Abby must have left the seat up last time SHE used it. Abby- do you think you could be a little considerate and put the seat down when you're done in the bathroom?" :lol:

#2 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,436 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

I never understood why women cant just double-check and put the seat down if it's up....

its not like its hard to do....

Its the sort of demand that, if situations were reversed, men would just put the thing down, sit, shit, and leave, without ever even mentioning how you "always leave the seat up".  My mom and I would always argue, she'd yell cuz I forgot, and Id say, why yell, its MUCH EASIER to just put the seat down and save your breath.

#3 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,217 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Because it's my house, my rules!

:lol:

#4 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,217 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Seriously- like we don't have enough inconveniences in the bathroom compared with men? Suck it up and put the seat down. :lol:

#5 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,436 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Seriously- like we don't have enough inconveniences in the bathroom compared with men? Suck it up and put the seat down. :lol:

Again, of all the things one does in a day, flipping the seat down is like, not even doing anything.  Yelling at another human to do it for you is tyranical and is grossly lazy on your part.

:wink:

#6 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,217 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

I didn't yell at him I hollered to the other room. :lol: And certainly I could just do all of the things that he decides he is too lazy to do and things would be much more peaceful in my home, you know really, how hard is it to wash up his bowl left in the morning...and the other few hundred dishes. Or how about instead of coming to get your dirty socks off the kitchen floor I just do it for you son? It's quieter that way! :lol:

#7 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,436 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Not talkin about dirty bowls or socks hanging around common areas.  Talkin about flicking the seat down and peeing, and boom, done.  

If it's so important to you to have it down, make sure its down.  Seems logical to me, and seems your position is the illogical one that we just have to accept.

#8 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,941 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

I never understood why women cant just double-check and put the seat down if it's up....

its not like its hard to do....

Its the sort of demand that, if situations were reversed, men would just put the thing down, sit, shit, and leave, without ever even mentioning how you "always leave the seat up".  My mom and I would always argue, she'd yell cuz I forgot, and Id say, why yell, its MUCH EASIER to just put the seat down and save your breath.

1.  Middle of the night no light, on splash down.  Of course I did laugh hysterically when I heard it happen to the offender years ago.

2.  I request the lid down due to having a couple experiences with cats ending up swimming.  I figure this levels the playing field as well.

3. Fung Shui principles = lid closed.

#9 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,941 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Teenagers are interesting.

#10 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,436 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

1.  Middle of the night no light, on splash down.  Of course I did laugh hysterically when I heard it happen to the offender years ago.

2.  I request the lid down due to having a couple experiences with cats ending up swimming.  I figure this levels the playing field as well.

Ill give you #3....

#11 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,467 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

I don't want #3s of boardies in the bathroom.

#12 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,436 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

#13 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,217 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

:lmao:  that's right, we used to have a lid that used to always be down, now it's just the ghetto seat. Coooooome on refund! Mama needs a new toilet seat!  :lmao:

#14 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,217 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

I don't want #3s of boardies in the bathroom.

#15 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

I have three teenagers.  They have their own bathroom. 

~The end.  :lol:

#16 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,338 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Just put the seat down. If you do it consciously after you're done, it becomes routine. Live with enough females over the course of time and this simple bathroom etiquette can save a ton of grief. It's also a good idea with little ones or pets. It's also good fung shwing!

#17 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

this is why I piss outside :lol:

#18 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,338 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

this is why I piss outside :lol:

Every possible chance i get!

#19 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,338 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

How did I miss this?

This.

#20 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Frank grew up in a house w/ all boys & they never put the seat down. He leaves it up all the time & then I deal w./ crying little girls who fall in, in the middle of the night! :bang:

It's not a big deal, but Frank is outnumbered 3 to 1, so house rules - put the seat down! :lol:

#21 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,594 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hoagie hates women.

#22 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,664 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Rich always asks "why don't women put the seat up when they are done using it?"

He does raise a good point.  :lol:

Why should they have to remember to put it back down, when we don't have to put it back up. :funny1:

#23 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,594 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Because women don't use it when it's up.

Everyone uses it when it's down.

#24 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Yup. Everyone.  And have you ever looked under the Toilet seat?  It's a bit grosser than the top of the seat.  It's even grosser to sit on it with it up, which I"ve done a few times....but hubby doesn't do anymore, because he SAT on it ONCE....and he was grossed out to no end.  Therefore, he puts it back down now.  lol

#25 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,338 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Sounds like the bowl requires regular cleaning.

#26 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

that too.  :lol: :blush:

#27 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,594 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

I don't care how clean it is.

It is not a pleasant experience.

#28 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

You tell em!!!

#29 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,594 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Here's the other thing.

Because boys always lift the seat up, they will naturally think about if it's down or not when they need it down.

Girls don't have that mind set.

#30 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,941 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

With the lid down, nothing gets knocked off the vanity or back of the toilet into the bowl.

#31 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,594 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Especially with cats in the house.  :funny1:

#32 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,338 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Im in full agreement with the ladies on this one and practice lid closure regularly. it's a rare occurence that I leave it up.

#33 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,394 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

it's gross to not put the lid down  http://www.dailymail...miting-bug.html

This way everyone has equal work ;)

#34 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

Because it's my house, my rules!

Falling in sucks!

#35 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

I gots enough junk in my trunk that I will never fall in,,,,poor scrawny ass Karys, on the other hand :lol:

That being said

why did no one warn me that boys get a version of pms, too?  OMG, I need midol for boys for Aidan.  :P

#36 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,941 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

Pretty sure men get pms as well.

#37 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,436 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Bur we dont bleed

#38 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,338 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

My pms flares up when i have too many stupid problems to fix in a short amount of time. Needless to say, it's what i do for a living. I fix people's problems. My tolerance for stupid questions/requests is absolutely shot.

#39 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,941 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Bur we dont bleed

Bonus, especially when on safari.

#40 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,436 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Bonus, especially when on safari.

What do web browsers and blood have to do with each other?

#41 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,941 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

#42 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

My pms flares up when i have too many stupid problems to fix in a short amount of time. Needless to say, it's what i do for a living. I fix people's problems. My tolerance for stupid questions/requests is absolutely shot.

You might want to find a different profession.

#43 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

Pretty sure men get pms as well.

Oh god yes! I think it's worse because they will not accept it and deal with it. :lol:

#44 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

IMHO, you set the seat where you want it to do your business.  It takes as much time for those who need the seat to move it as it takes the person that just took a piss to move it guessing where the next person will want it. Lol, both of my kids have fallen it the toilet once...maybe twice but they learned quickly to make sure the seat was down after that. 

If we could all just pee outdoors the seat could always stay down for doing #2's....

#45 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,436 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

This guy gets it.

IMHO, you set the seat where you want it to do your business.  

#46 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,941 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

You leave your abode door, oven door, microwave door, cabinet doors, dresser drawers, etc open as well?   Lids are toilet doors, keep closed when not in use, fung shui.

I try to abide by house rules when visiting.

#47 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

You leave your abode door, oven door, microwave door, cabinet doors, dresser drawers, etc open as well?   Lids are toilet doors, keep closed when not in use, fung shui.

I try to abide by house rules when visiting.

well Frank does leave cabinet doors open, dresser drawers open, etc so I guess he's consistent! :eyeroll: :lol:

#48 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,217 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

:picardfp:

this whole thread totally went a different direction than I meant. Ultimately, I could give a shit whether or not the seat was left up or down- I certainly wouldn't have started a thread about it- but the fact that my son tried to weasel his way out of it by saying he didn't even use the toilet is what gets me! And what scares me the most is he had most of you fooled too! thwart responsibility anywhere but here, and I won't actually have to deal with this very long...THATs the shit that pisses me off and has me genuinely worried for his stake in life.  I don't have this worry with my daughter, and apparently that makes me sexist. I love my son, but I'm a little anticipatory about the hand life smacks across his ass when  he doesn't expect someone to wipe it or him anymore. :lol:

#49 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,436 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

In te grand scheme of life, toilet seat up or down does NOT MATTER at all, unless his girlfriend is always falling in.

And if he prefers boyfriends, it becomes even less necessary

#50 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,941 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Telling untruths to shirk responsibility is not cool.  Probably not enough spankings when he was younger.   :cheesy: